Sign in to follow this  
hitman91

Small Arms stores, and things to add.

Gun stores, and Small arms.

First off let me start by saying im pleased with this alpha.  It feels better than the mod in many ways.  Such as lighting, feel, scale, and realism to many things.  Yet as a Dayz mod fan and player for years now i cant help but notice one thing is lacking.  That is the feeling of PVP, bandit fire fights, epic raids on towns while shooting to protect your life, and your buddies life beside you. 

Some may ask why?  They have guns, that should be enough, or "we dont want the game ruined by things like overpoch", and even " Its not COD!!!! its a survival game".  I think what these people are failing to see is the feeling of adrenaline you got when have rounds come at you, and sometimes being out gunned with your Lee enfield vs a bandit with an M4A1 CCO SD.  I myself am enjoying the survival aspects the standalone brings.  Its truly epic all the things we can do, and will be able to do so i must say ROCKET AND DEV'S FANTASTIC JOB THUS FAR.  I think we need just a little more in the way of small arms, and the ease of obtaining them.  Here is my idea as followed.

1. Add some type of gun store, not with currency but a lootable one.  Maybe 3-4 on the map would be nice, due to its massive size, and its growing. 

2. Im not saying add a bunch of AK101's to it, but several bolt actions with a chance of AK's would be nice.  Make its spawn about 5 maybe with various ammo, and attachments.  Possibly some pistol's, also add packs to them, and other supplies.  Almost like the markets, but more focous on guns and kit then food, and maps.

3.Once its looted, it does not re spawn untill a restart to keep people from farming it.

I dont think it would be to much to ask for, and it would add more spice and excitement to the game.  Or do 2 large one's kind of like a Cabela's store in dayz :)

• Like 1

Gun stores, and Small arms.

-snip-

MP station?

dayz-new-police-station-building-in-cher

Edited by Bakermensch

Don't like the idea, yet another centralized loot location for people to hop. 

The fact that people will automatically assume you hate the game if you post criticisms and do not specifically list that you support the alpha makes me want to hang myself.

• Like 1

No like an outdoor's store,  the mp stations suck in the way of loot, and i know the game is in alpha, im fine with that part, and fine with the selection of guns, but i think they should be easier to find.  Plain and simple, its what makes dayz fun, and gives it more to enjoy.  Without them its like manvswild and gets boring.

Hey General so whats the point of having airfields, or hospitals, or fire stations, or school buildings, ATC towers, ect ect they all get looted and focused on it gives the player something to set a goal for.  One more thing in such a huge map would not hurt thet game or the play styles one bit.

Hey General so whats the point of having airfields, or hospitals, or fire stations, or school buildings, ATC towers, ect ect they all get looted and focused on it gives the player something to set a goal for.  

The point is it's exploited by server hoppers to farm loot. All they do is log in, check those few buildings and change server, there is no reason whatsoever to explore the towns, we all know where the goods are so we can ignore 80% of the buildings. 

Edited by General Zod

The point is it's exploited by server hoppers to farm loot. All they do is log in, check those few buildings and change server, there is no reason whatsoever to explore the towns, we all know where the goods are so we can ignore 80% of the buildings. 

So we make food more of an issue - which is planned - and solves the focus on gun spawn issues. 

Look, we know that the area has a hunting culture based on the deer stands and the like, and it's somewhat immersion / authenticity breaking to not have some sort of hunting goods stores around, which would include civilian firearms. 

I'm in full support of this so long as the spawns are limited to civilian firearms and exclude anything full-auto.  Similarly, military clothing should be excluded, but it should include hunting and utility clothing.

So hunter pants, rain jackets, boonie hats, and hunting / hiking / wader boots should be common.  There should be hunting / combat knives, machettes, and shovels for melee drops.  Ammo of any sort should also be able to be found alongside civilian weapon's magazines.  Food would be limited to water bottles / canteens.  Hunting backpacks would also be a thing in this spawn.  Industrial items that could plausibly be found would be hammers, tents, matches, gas stoves, propane tanks, ropes, flashlights, batteries, and frying pans.  Standard first aid kits would also be available in such stores. 

Of course you wouldn't find all of it at once, but as an idea of what you might find from realistic drop tables, I figure that's a good shortlist. 

Obviously not the greatest place for server-hoppers, who would be wanting higher tier clothing they could get at a police station / military base / airfield, same on automatic firearms and the like.  All these sites would also have more food spawns - making a hunting store unlikely to be a primary target for anyone seriously server-hopping. 

I like it, it should be very scarce on loot though because I think it would be the first place hit in a apocalypse situation. Just like supermarket.

Most people would leave things that you might be able to use longterm, like bullet reloading equipment, scales, powder, primers.

Boxes of ammo they don't need e.g good place to find normally rarer ammo types.

Occasional gun, often in bad condition shotgun, bolt action or small bore and occasional pistol.

Knives, compasses, clothing, fishing rods and other outdoor/ survival equipment should also spawn there.

Being a hunting, fishing & outdoors shop.

Edited by AP_Norris

I like this suggestion.  There are plenty of towns on the map that don't have fire stations or police stations, that are closer to wilderness areas, where putting in one of these would make sense.  If you make the loot table reasonable and keep the spawns scarce, it won't be the main target of server hoppers because it will be away from all of their main targets.

I'm really hoping that a permanent solution to server hopping is eventually put in place though, so that ideas like this don't always have to be weighed against the possibility of exploitation via server hopping. 

Once loot spawning is finished, like things spawn logically [on tables, in cupboards, in containers etc] this will be viable, so like you could have them in locked lockers that have to be forced open somehow.