Sign in to follow this  
hiniberus

How can the community help youtubers/streamers?

Hey guys, as a fellow youtuber I know it's pretty hard to get much, if any, love from the community. Most don't want to watch us play a game that they already have unless there's really something different about our experiences and theirs (this is harder for streamers I'd say). 

So I was thinking, why don't we try to interact with the community more? Try to arrange meetups so if there are several youtubers/streamers at a few locations it'll make things interesting and get the general community to meet up, along with giving the lesser-known youtubers and streamers some possible coverage?

Edit: While this is Gallery related, I was hoping to keep this topic in GD to try and reach out to the general folks!

Edited by ManBearus

You have already made a poll, you should update and ask for it to be moved rather than make another Topic.

• Like 2

You have already made a poll, you should update and ask for it to be moved rather than make another Topic.

The poll was asking for what kind of content people wanted to see though o: I thought that the difference in content of the topic was enough to warrent a new topic. Sorry if I had upset you D:

Ah, you mean you are recruiting ?

Not really I suppose? Primarily I'm just seeing if there are other (hopefully European) streamers/youtubers who'd want to meet up and asking the community what can be done to get their attention to draw in more subs/followers for those youtuber/streamers really. 

Ah, ok,,,carry on then...

NP

Sorry if I originally worded it in a manner that may've caused a misunderstanding. That wasn't my intention, glad to have that cleared up! 

My first post was real, the rest were tongue in cheek or poor humour I guess, at least I bumped the Topic for free :wacko:

Would be interesting to see different view points of the same event, so :thumbsup:

Boneboys, please stop the offtopic and the random bumping of the thread. If you don't abide by the forum rules, consequences might follow.

Kind regards,

The forum users.

• Like 3

Boneboys, please stop the offtopic and the random bumping of the thread. If you don't abide by the forum rules, consequences might follow.

Kind regards,

The forum users.

The irony of your post is not lost on me, maybe heeding your own advice might be a good idea while we're on the topic of Off topic and thread bumping posts  :P 

Edit - just re-read your post, thought it was aimed at op, i maybe got a little defensive of him, i get it now..... commencing facepalm.

Now back to the topic : In my opinion and i can only speak form personal preference but watching ppl perform the same day to day gameplay over and over is not really entertaining but seems to be what alot of ppl are doing, I tend to watch streamers/youtubers who do a little roleplay (not that i roleplay myself) for instance i do enjoy the likes of Mr Moon, Blizz Hd, vector bunny, kiwo even Kony ffs anything that is not the standard 'here watch me go and loot balota and kill ppl.' but something with a story, goal etc.... if you know what i mean. good luck though.

Edited by AAtlas
  • Like 1

Now back to the topic : In my opinion and i can only speak form personal preference but watching ppl perform the same day to day gameplay over and over is not really entertaining but seems to be what alot of ppl are doing, I tend to watch streamers/youtubers who do a little roleplay (not that i roleplay myself) for instance i do enjoy the likes of Mr Moon, Blizz Hd, vector bunny, kiwo even Kony ffs anything that is not the standard 'here watch me go and loot balota and kill ppl.' but something with a story, goal etc.... if you know what i mean. good luck though.

I tend to have a verity of videos. Some with action, others with interaction. Roleplaying tends to be more silly/comedic when I did it, though with little results. In the USA it seems to have a much larger reception, though with a language pool big as there is in Europe here, it can be hard to not find some random fellow who'd blast you for being silly. Though yeah, I ought to try that a bit more.

You have already made a poll, you should update and ask for it to be moved rather than make another Topic.

No lock this time?

I loved watching battle royale from all the different players perspectives, if you held an event like that i would definitely watch at least a few of them. This is coming from someone who has 0 subscriptions :)

Sounds like the Meet & Greet I held back in July  B)

No lock this time?

If you keep on reading, we discussed it. 

I loved watching battle royale from all the different players perspectives, if you held an event like that i would definitely watch at least a few of them. This is coming from someone who has 0 subscriptions :)

That's an idea, if I run into something I'll let them know that's something we could do!

If you keep on reading, we discussed it.

I was just being little sarcastic since he has locked my topics lately for no real reason :(

I was just being little sarcastic since he has locked my topics lately for no real reason :(

'unno, normally it seems like he locks topics pretty reasonably! At least, from what I've seen.

Maybe an events subforum would be a good platform for people to promote ideas and get togethers?

That would indeed be a good idea!

free promotion from boneboys.  you should be so lucky ;)

give me a time, place and picture...

;)

Haha, it was bordering on shutting down the topic so I wouldn't call that quite 'free'. I'm lucky that he didn't lock the topic and allowed me to explain myself :3

I'll be sure to try and let you know somehow, follow me on fb/youtube/twitter and I'll most surely give a shoutout to a meetup for those who want to join :3

I was more alluding to the possibility that you'll draw a throng of would be stalker-killers to your server harder than a beacon on Mar Sara.

Malta, hmm i wonder what that time difference is :S

No.

There is no reason to help streamers/tubers.

There is no practical benefit from people who stream/youtube, etc. If you want more subscribers or fans, then create more interesting material. Promote it yourself by creating content that is worth watching. I posit that any video that requires the community to help fabricate will be terrible by nature. If you need help being creative then it will be anything but that.

The best DayZ videos aren't a product of wanting to fabricate an event for the sake of making a video. The most interesting videos are of events that take place that happen to be recorded.

Edited by Parazight
  • Like 3

The reason why I dislike nearly if not all youtubers and streamers for games (especially DayZ) is that they're looking for money or are just little shits.

How I spent much of my time playing the mod was jumping through streams on twitch and when I saw someone being an ass for the sake of being an ass I'd watch for all of five minutes until they accidentally give me all the information I'd need to find their server and I'd go hop on it and plug them with my DMR then look for the next one.

Girl streaming? Does she have a quarter of her screen taken up by a webcam while she's shoving her chest at the webcam while looking at people's $50 donations? You'd better believe she's getting shot.

That guy sitting at Elektro with an AS50 with three other people doing the same thing? Time to shoot all four since they don't know countersniping.

That is what I did for fun in the mod and I was damn good at it..

I think the real question is "how can YouTubers/streamers help the community?". In my experience the vast majority are egotists who are only doing it for the views/likes/subscribers and looking to make a quick buck. Usually the people who are doing it for the right reasons are the ones who are successful.

Just my $0.02.

I agree with the comments above on this page.  I like to record, but I basically just do it for myself/my group, I'm not out for views or subs, I don't even tag my videos.  Do it because you want to do it, not to try to get a popular channel, because unless you have a really good gimmick or are lucky you're not going to get any where with it and trying to get people to like you just comes off as being a dick.

No.

There is no reason to help streamers/tubers.

There is no practical benefit from people who stream/youtube, etc. If you want more subscribers or fans, then create more interesting material. Promote it yourself by creating content that is worth watching. I posit that any video that requires the community to help fabricate will be terrible by nature. If you need help being creative then it will be anything but that.

The best DayZ videos aren't a product of wanting to fabricate an event for the sake of making a video. The most interesting videos are of events that take place that happen to be recorded.

You're indeed correct, my friend. There is no reason to help them out, which is fair! Granted, outside of good will or anything.

I'm not sure what 'posit' means, though the main thing I was hoping to gain from this is to get more youtuber/streamers also in the conversation to see if they would share any thoughts or ideas. I guess I may have come off as wording this perhaps in a way somewhat worse than others may look at it but that's my mistake entirely. By no means did I wish to 'fabricate' any events, if a meetup was to happen, I think that'd be nice! Though obviously that would have to be arranged, unless with a small crew for a cinimatic style video, I do agree entirely that a fabricated event would be hard to pull of and/or most likely fail.

The reason why I dislike nearly if not all youtubers and streamers for games (especially DayZ) is that they're looking for money or are just little shits.

How I spent much of my time playing the mod was jumping through streams on twitch and when I saw someone being an ass for the sake of being an ass I'd watch for all of five minutes until they accidentally give me all the information I'd need to find their server and I'd go hop on it and plug them with my DMR then look for the next one.

Girl streaming? Does she have a quarter of her screen taken up by a webcam while she's shoving her chest at the webcam while looking at people's $50 donations? You'd better believe she's getting shot.

That guy sitting at Elektro with an AS50 with three other people doing the same thing? Time to shoot all four since they don't know countersniping.

That is what I did for fun in the mod and I was damn good at it..

I could agree, somewhat. Am I doing this for the money? Well, no. Would it be nice though, to receive any for the investment I put into the additional equipment to get this setup working. So I hope I don't fall into the category that you dislike. I do, however do this primarily as a hobby and something I'm actually building a love for! 

I do agree with the little shits and women with 1/2 cleavage showing being picked off, good job to ya buddy!

I think the real question is "how can YouTubers/streamers help the community?". In my experience the vast majority are egotists who are only doing it for the views/likes/subscribers and looking to make a quick buck. Usually the people who are doing it for the right reasons are the ones who are successful.

Just my $0.02.

True, I suppose that could be answered somewhat though;

1) Could show people etiquette? Like, if two people meet up at random, hopefully people could follow the youtuber's example of raising up a hand and wiggle/waving instead of raising a gun to KoS. While some call this a 'legitimate' playstyle, it's something that's somewhat disagreeable with me and I actually hate doing it most of the time. Though I figured that's how the game works so I just do what I gotta do to not be another victim. 

If on the other hand it was a legitimate bandit holdup, that's also something I can agree with. If someone tries to do a proper hold up but the other takes out their gun then it would still be a holdup, just one gone wrong rather than a KoS situation. I think, people would be way more intense and paranoid about meeting others if proper banditry was generally performed, rather than KoS. Instead of being killed instantly, they'd figure a way to gain your trust before holding you up. Now that's some quality time in this game I'd not only upload, but damn well remember for a while, rather than just walk about and have some dude camp me out with "You are dead" appearing a few agonizing moments later.

2) I think when it comes to the money, there have been quite a few successful youtubers (Goldie, Mark, Pewds are the main three who come to mind) so that now everyone who tries to do it, wants to become the 'next' thing after them. Though they all had one thing in common, they did it for fun. They just got big because people liked them, simple! Though it had taken them years to get there. There are some that just want to do this for a quick buck, which is true! Though their dreams may easily get crushed by seeing just how arduous a task it is to actually make money, let alone a living off of youtube.

It's quite sad that the general opinion has turned so sour, though for anyone working 9-5 job and not being too happy with it, then seeing people easily earn quad-triple their monthly pay just for doing videos, I can understand it really. I'm doing this for fun, as I had done so in my reply to one of the above posts, if money happens to come along. Whoop-dee-doo. Though I'm not expecting anything, any time soon. I make these videos because it's fun to do so and I wanted to see what could be done, indeed to give myself more exposure but also to look into the general public's opinions, be them negative or positive!