Katana67

Weapons - Where Should They Go Next?

Regarding AUG and G36 built in optics, I think they are significantly worse than say Acog or such, so maybe that could make it somehow "ballanced".

So you get weapon already with optic, but that one is far from being the best one. But again, I'm fine with both having them or having models without it but with rails instead.

And yes, I would dislike built in optics for weapons that do not normally do that. I mean even SVD Dragunov can be found without optics attached and personaly I would be very interested in trying such rifle with iron sights.

I very much like the idea of certain weapons being the only way to procure optics from.

The SVD is a prime example.

Having the SVD have 2 spawn types one with optics and one without while at the same time removing any pso scopes from spawning in the game world would do wonders to making optics rare.

This would of course not restrict the player freedom in any way they can remove the optics from an svd and put them on an akm if they wish.

Also love the 2 guns you posted in the picture.

The bren I actually would love in the game its ultra modern sure but it would fit the lore if the game does indeed take inspiration from the CZech republic.

• Like 2

I would totally carry a bow over my shoulder (along with a rifle) if I could whip that bow out and grease a zombie/player quietly, if I needed to because the zombies around would totally jump me.

Bows/melee weapons should be the proverbial "poor man's suppressor."

I wonder, should devs add a way how to carry second "bigger" weapon?

Or should player be able to carry a rifle and allow for bow or crossbow specificaly to be carried as well?

Or is it enough to have what we have now and just drop the stuff we have in hands in order to equip weapon slung over the shoulder?

Since game will be getting truly persistent loot, even unexpected server restart should not "eat" weapon dropped to the ground.

I wonder, should devs add a way how to carry second "bigger" weapon?

Or should player be able to carry a rifle and allow for bow or crossbow specificaly to be carried as well?

Or is it enough to have what we have now and just drop the stuff we have in hands in order to equip weapon slung over the shoulder?

Since game will be getting truly persistent loot, even unexpected server restart should not "eat" weapon dropped to the ground.

Personally, I think it should be possible to carry a regular bow (not a crossbow) alongside a normal primary firearm (without having to take something "into hands.")

In part, because I want the bow to be more of a silent tool than a primary weapon. And I'd love to see it be used often in this role. Allowing it to be carried over the back, along with a primary, would be a cool way of doing this.

And also because a bow is pretty much a weapon and a sling combined.

468px-Ac13.jpg

Edited by Katana67

I don't really think the game wants or needs much more in the way of conventional small arms (I'm secretly hoping that the 1895 Nagant revolver is already planned so that my Red Orchestra load-out is complete). A couple more tools to use as impromptu melee weapons would be nice, a hatchet for example or craftable spears. Types of traps would be very welcome (the rabbit snare is a lovely step in this direction), as well as more fleshed out wounding system. This would include things like poisoning, infections, etc. Oh and of course it'll be great when the bayonets can be used as proper bayonets. :)

Edited by Ebrim

I'd like them to move away from rifles for a bit and instead add more melee weapons, pistols, SMGs and shotguns.

Edited by Chompster

Id like more pistols and SMGs. And they should  make pistols/magazines and SMG spawns more common. Id like one or two more shotguns and hunting rifles. And next should be 5.56 weapon, either M16 or G36, or my favorite SIG 550.  

Hmm ok. Just wonder what will be the ultimate caliber, what weapon will it use and how rare it will be.

Glad you like some of our Czech weapons! I always feel tad silly for suggesting them since I'm obviously biased in that regard.

But still I think it is sexy beast. It's also modular system meaning they can swap some parts and make it either 5.56x45 or 7.62x39 and it would be very interesting, if some kind of modification kit was ingame allowing for caliber change of certain weapons, that allow that in real life. But those are just my fantasie, not saying it needs to be ingame or it's bust.

Regarding AUG and G36 built in optics, I think they are significantly worse than say Acog or such, so maybe that could make it somehow "ballanced".

So you get weapon already with optic, but that one is far from being the best one. But again, I'm fine with both having them or having models without it but with rails instead.

And yes, I would dislike built in optics for weapons that do not normally do that. I mean even SVD Dragunov can be found without optics attached and personaly I would be very interested in trying such rifle with iron sights.

Ixi3JoB.jpg

This is a good weapon but i want to start seeing some HYBRIDS. If you know anything and my love of the Sig brand they released a new one that can take both AKM and AR magazines. It can take the caliber of the standard Nato Rounds, 300 blackout AND the standard AK russian caliber rounds. Now i don't think they should be TO common but a few different versatile weapons like that would add some really cool survival dynamics. Here ill show you the video of the brand again.

I had this video in another post idk if you saw it. Could be a helicopter drop as far as rarity goes because of its versatility. It has quite the attachment extensions for it as well.

snip

I thought they already stated it was an impossibility to have rifles or weapons with multiple calibers.

Also why I would imagine there are no combo guns yet.

I thought they already stated it was an impossibility to have rifles or weapons with multiple calibers.

Also why I would imagine there are no combo guns yet.

*Shrugs* Idk but since we have NATO and AK i don't see it being entirely out of the question lol.

I guess it all depends on programmers limitations with the game.

Edited by Deathlove

This is a good weapon but i want to start seeing some HYBRIDS. If you know anything and my love of the Sig brand they released a new one that can take both AKM and AR magazines. It can take the caliber of the standard Nato Rounds, 300 blackout AND the standard AK russian caliber rounds. Now i don't think they should be TO common but a few different versatile weapons like that would add some really cool survival dynamics. Here ill show you the video of the brand again.

I had this video in another post idk if you saw it. Could be a helicopter drop as far as rarity goes because of its versatility. It has quite the attachment extensions for it as well.

It would certainly interesting to have SIG in akm round, but then again I hated AK in 5.56 so I don't know how that would play out.

Anyway sweet rifle indeed.

Personally, I think it should be possible to carry a regular bow (not a crossbow) alongside a normal primary firearm (without having to take something "into hands.")

In part, because I want the bow to be more of a silent tool than a primary weapon. And I'd love to see it be used often in this role. Allowing it to be carried over the back, along with a primary, would be a cool way of doing this.

And also because a bow is pretty much a weapon and a sling combined.

Well surely bow is more easy to carry, but then again, if only bow would be allowed to be carried like that, it would effectively make crossbow useless as I see it.

Even now bow is lot better due to craftable arrows and how easy it is to make it, but I hope that bolts will become craftable too, making crossbow kinda on the same level as bow.

So if we can carry bow, I think crossbow would need that as well. It's not like xbow is somehow superior to bow.

I'd like them to move away from rifles for a bit and instead add more melee weapons, pistols, SMGs and shotguns.

We have quite a bit of pistols already. SMGs, and shotguns do need some love though. We got that pump shotgun coming out. Cant wait to try that. :o

Edited by Deathlove

It would certainly interesting to have SIG in akm round, but then again I hated AK in 5.56 so I don't know how that would play out.

Anyway sweet rifle indeed.

Well surely bow is more easy to carry, but then again, if only bow would be allowed to be carried like that, it would effectively make crossbow useless as I see it.

Even now bow is lot better due to craftable arrows and how easy it is to make it, but I hope that bolts will become craftable too, making crossbow kinda on the same level as bow.

So if we can carry bow, I think crossbow would need that as well. It's not like xbow is somehow superior to bow.

The 101 was fine in NATO i dont see the problem. The only disadvantage it had was not being able to carry a drum but i found it to be better than the AKM. Less quantity more precision based if you ask me. We DO need more NATO round weapons though. Currently on the experimental all you can find is the boxes of ammo and no guns to go with it.

I see your point. I suppose it could apply to crossbows as well. But I'd rather they be made better than a bow somehow (whether it be in reload speed, range, damage, or whatever) than put on the same level. Or they could just be rarer than crafted bows.

I see your point. I suppose it could apply to crossbows as well. But I'd rather they be made better than a bow somehow (whether it be in reload speed, range, damage, or whatever) than put on the same level. Or they could just be rarer than crafted bows.

And that maybe one would have to loot specific sling for crossbow to carry it like a bow or something.

Or as you said crossbow would be rarer, which I guess it is even now.

But I agree, that if crossbow was made somehow noticeably better than bow, then maybe the bow could get the specific advantage of having specific "carry slot".

Still I'm tad worried that this alone would make bow superior as the weapon for silent killing of zeds.

• Like 1

Chernaurus is based off the Czech Republic, so where is my damned VZ58 already! :P Fixed stock and folding stock, available railed handguards, its perfect. Actually I talked to Chris on Twitter about it and he felt it isn't different enough to what they already have. :C

I'd like to see a mid length or full length AR15 of some kind. Other than than an FAL, a couple low and high end full size modernish bolt action rifles, maybe an M38 which is the carbine version of the Mosin. I also want the bolts for the Mosin to be lootable or even craftable attachments. It spawns with a straight bolt handle and if you want to mount a PU you need to find the bent one or something.

• Like 1

Enough of the military weapons. 

How about a slingshot?

• Like 3

Personally:

Military weapons: FAL and/or G3, MG3

Police weapons: mossberg 500/TOZ shotgun, skorpion, sten/sterling, vz26 (machine pistol)

Civilian weapons: a plethora of Zastava, CZ and springfield etc hunting rifles (mid-tier scopes available, perhaps the same as on the longhorn?) along with older military rifles like K98, garand, enfield etc. some beretta shotguns of the kind used for skeet shooting.

I wouldn't really want much more than that in the game.

I want more shotguns (pump, automatic), plus I want the damn buckshot to work as it is supposed to, plus SLUGS, and FLARES.

Also, this:

• Like 1

I want more shotguns (pump, automatic), plus I want the damn buckshot to work as it is supposed to, plus SLUGS, and FLARES.

Also, this:

Yes!!.

Shotguns need to be far more prevalent and should come in more varieties.

I would love to see shotguns with different chokes a hunting water fowl shotgun would also be fantastic.

As for a general overview of the weapons, I think they should flesh out the lower end of the spectrum in the firearms front.

More .22lr rifles, hunting bolt action rifles, more revolvers, military surplus weapons etc.

Fleshing out the low end will better allow them to balance out the high end and give them a bench mark of just how high end will be appropriate.

• Like 1

Lasers, plasma cannons, black hole grenades, light sabres, handheld tactical nuke launchers. 

We have quite a bit of pistols already. SMGs, and shotguns do need some love though. We got that pump shotgun coming out. Cant wait to try that. :o

Guess they just need to make them a lot more common, as right now i always find them after i'v found hundreds of AKs, shotguns and other rifles. Aside from maybe the shotgun, pistols should be the "entry" level weapon you would see most people with.

And even so, i think pistols should always outnumber the amount of rifles.

• Like 1

DayZ should have a much heavier focus on residential and hunting type weapons, not military grade freedom-dispensers.

• Like 2

DayZ should have a much heavier focus on residential and hunting type weapons, not military grade freedom-dispensers.

Well combat knifes can be used for hunting though to. Id like to see more combat knife variety that can also be used for hunting as well. The current combat knife we have is SO rare its goofy.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 1