Zombie Milkman

The Zombie Challenge

After another Benny Hill chase scene involving a multitude of zombies I wondered what the maximum possible zombie count could be driven to.  I would like to issue a challenge to my fellow posters to get as many of the zeds chasing you as possible, and if you can get a screen shot or video even better.  I know you can add to the crowd by shooting in large spawn areas - like Electro - and running by as many as possible, but I seem to max out around 8 to 10.  If you are in tight areas some drop off after losing sight of you, so I think larger towns with lots of flat open areas would be the best environment to get the hoard going, and killing some along the way may spawn more as has been noted by many of us.  I am also curious about server impact and ping rate the bigger the hoard gets.

Btw, with the wipe coming, and somewhat meaningless time between, this seemed like the right moment to issue the challenge.  If interested give a thumbs up, then come back and post your results.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Well I got killed yesterday so I might as well give this a go! I think my current record is 7 or 8.

• Like 1

Stary/Novy Sobor are the places you are looking for to do this.

Today I wanted to test how bullshit zeds can be and how big my patience is, ended up in these towns and mang I got mad pretty quickly lol. Started in Novy by the piano house, killed the zed outside with my axe but some othere fucker heard it. Killed him, bandage, another zed shows up. Kill him, and another one comes up. Rinse and repeat.

Tried to get inside a house to bandage but zeds just start banging their heads on the house door and hit me, even I'm being far away from said door. Go outside, kill them and another one comes up. At this point I was already so mad that I said "fuck it", got my ak101 and unloaded my rage upon them, they start to come at me non stop. 60 bullets and more then 20 zeds killed I decide to take out the axe again and go with a bit more caution but seems like axe does the same volume of sound as automatic rifles. Kill zed > they respawn in the middle of fucking nowhere but due X-ray vision and binoculars they come right at me. You can't run because they are so goddamn perseptive, you can't hide because seems like walls/doors and you are the same thing.

End of the story, clothes ruined, high capacity vest ruined, my patience ruined. I declare war on the fucking zeds, I will clear stary and novy sobor no matter what it takes. Such a fucked up respawn mechanic, DayZ seems to love artificial dificulty. I hope that in final game we get a lot less bullshit. Also I heard that it was possible to clear cities? Well thats a lie. I stood there killing these bitches for hours and they aways seems to come back.

+ Those zeds who runs like animals, they are a nightmare fuel. 2 or more of them + this "AWESOME" melee mechanics that we have now = certain rage lol.

TLDR; KILL THE ZOMBIES, KILL THEM ALL

Edited by Avant-Garde

I tried this recently and got about 10 chasing me...only in a small town though. Had to keep looping around as the Z's would stop and stare at nothing for a while...if there were 2-3 people helping to herd them it would be easier...

I have seen 5 Z's chasing a cow outside Berizino once, definite Benny hill moment!!

The best I could do today was 7 which isn't much luck.  But I did get motivated to try something else.  I have a treadmill in the office with the computer.  It faces the back of the 27" monitor, and the monitor is attached to an off market post mount that supports two monitors in over/under arrangement.  So, I put the monitor at the top of the post, spin it around, add a desk surface across the arms of the treadmill, move the mouse and keyboard to the desk surface and viola... I ran around with zombies in Dyaz, while walking hard on the treadmill.

Some tasks are hard to impossible doing this, but it breathed a little life into the game for me and was healthier than sitting down doing nothing for 90 minutes.

I got up to five running through Elektro, but then some asswipe came out with an AKM shooting the lot of them. The fuckin' nerve of some people. If I'd had a gun I'd have shot the bastard.

i'll give it another go on an empty server

I was just casually surviving the Zed apocalypse, chilling out relaxing in a back yard when a pig suddenly ran by me with about twelve or thirteen infected chasing the shit out if it. I was like "Fuck me!" because I figured I was gonna get screwed really hard, but luckily, only the last Zed (a creeper) veered away from the zombie pig train and focused in on me. I really wish I would have been able to get some video of that event but alas! It sounds like to much work to me.

Edited by Schweinsteiger

No zed trail yet but I found a drunk chasing the livestock.

Pacifist?