Sign in to follow this  
trankin

bosses?

ok ib4 not realistic.

since we have infected running around I thought it would be a cool idea to have like super infected also. just ones that evolved. sorta like the tank from left for dead. I just figured it would be cool to have something that would take a lot of bullets to kill or something  you should be afraid of if you get attacked by it. I don't mean put them in every town just put like 4 scattered throughout the map in random towns.

no we shouldnt have bosses or anything like this

• Like 2

I am pretty sure the "boss" Zed will not make it's appearance in DayZ. Sorry to burst your bubble.

I just figured it would make the game more interesting I we actually had something hard to kill.

why because it would make this game actually challenging ?

no just because it's not that type of game, this game is going for a realistic approach but Bosses are very arcade ish

Im not flaming you buddy, I just dont like the idea and it would ruin the game for me IMO

i think it is a great idea, i for one one love to see some sort of harder zeds that takes more than a axe or one shot to kill.

Edited by BigFrak
  • Like 1

But its not a bad idea lol. God forbid we have something in this game that is a actual enemy and not something we can just walk away from. 

no just because it's not that type of game, this game is going for a realistic approach but Bosses are very arcade ish

Im not flaming you buddy, I just dont like the idea and it would ruin the game for me IMO

I don't mean it has to boss. im just tired of seeing the same zeds. it gets old that's all.

I like the idea of "stronger" rare enemies...but i think Bears and Wolves may be that "bosses" you talking about, maybe even some Arnold Schwarzenegger type of Zombies ? ...Hasta la vista, baby!

• Like 1

I like the idea of "stronger" rare enemies...but i think Bears and Wolves may be that "bosses" you talking about, maybe even some Arnold Schwarzenegger type of Zombies ? ...Hasta la vista, baby!

well I hope they are hard to kill then im just tired of one shotting a zed with a axe. Do you know if wolves will be in packs or by themselves?

But its not a bad idea lol. God forbid we have something in this game that is a actual enemy and not something we can just walk away from. 

When Zeds get finished and we have more of them, their threat will be far higher than it is currently. 

I don't mean it has to boss. im just tired of seeing the same zeds. it gets old that's all.

They have already stated they're working on more zed types. Whether that is just a different variety of looks or toughness or both they haven't clarified.

well I hope they are hard to kill then im just tired of one shotting a zed with a axe. Do you know if wolves will be in packs or by themselves?

No details about that yet..the only think i know is that they are "confirmed". Also different types of Zombies.

Zombies should be common enemies. Other players are the bosses.

You joking... right ? Other players are an "Inconvenience", you can't replace the level of difficulty of an AI with extra health and strength, with a human opponent that have the same health as you do, and the same strength.  A "harder" opponent shouldn't be determined by how many bullets you have.

ok ib4 not realistic.

since we have infected running around I thought it would be a cool idea to have like super infected also. just ones that evolved. sorta like the tank from left for dead. I just figured it would be cool to have something that would take a lot of bullets to kill or something  you should be afraid of if you get attacked by it. I don't mean put them in every town just put like 4 scattered throughout the map in random towns.

This is NOT Resident Evil bud

• Like 1

you can't replace the level of difficulty of an AI with extra health and strength

Higher level gear maybe? Vehicles? You can't replace the level of difficulty of a human with extra smarts and creativity.

A dumb AI controlled damage soak boss on the other side is just annoying as... To many games tend to go this route and its bad. Fights should not be prolonged health depletion contests but real fights - quick, dirty and brutal.

Edited by Evil Minion

Higher level gear maybe? Vehicles? You can't replace the level of difficulty of a human with extra smarts and creativity.

A dumb AI controlled damage soak boss on the other side is just annoying as... To many games tend to go this route and its bad. Fights should not be prolonged health depletion contests but real fights - quick, dirty and brutal.

The only problem is that AI's don't cheat... humans do, if you want to play against "Impossible" bosses go ahead. Also.. how a freshspawn with no weapons is a "Difficult opponent" ? How you rate the difficulty level of killing someone with a sniper rifle from 800m away ?

Not every player is either a freshspawn or a cheater. I am positive you will find survivors quite different in stength and challenge level. Depending on your own skill/gear level they might go from easy to almost "impossible". Now if they don't cheat (the majority of the players don't cheat) they still got the same limitations as yourself. Now those players might be far away so you have to get close without getting killed, or they might hide inside a building, sneak around in a town or simply sit inside some vehicle that gives them both protection and speed - here you got your "hard to kill" bosses.

AI's don't cheat... what? No - AI's cheat most of the time but players are so much used to it they get to tolerate and expect it. Thats what makes fighting them so annyoing - most games try to make up for missing brains by giving them ridiculous advantages. Wallhacks, tons of health, more speed, less resource costs... the list goes on.

For a PvE challenge there could be animals - though most of them would probably flee from gunshots. However getting close to a brown bear or wounded wild boar might be very dangerous. Though most of the challenge caused by animals might be their elusiveness with yourself as the hunter (which is also a kind of "hard to kill").

Edited by Evil Minion
  • Like 2

Not every player is either a freshspawn or a cheater. I am positive you will find survivors quite different in stength and challenge level. Depending on your own skill/gear level they might go from easy to almost "impossible". Now if they don't cheat (the majority of the players don't cheat) they still got the same limitations as yourself. Now those players might be far away so you have to get close without getting killed, or they might hide inside a building, sneak around in a town or simply sit inside some vehicle that gives them both protection and speed - here you got your "hard to kill" bosses.

AI's don't cheat... what? No - AI's cheat most of the time but players are so much used to it they get to tolerate and expect it. Thats what makes fighting them so annyoing - most games try to make up for missing brains by giving them ridiculous advantages. Wallhacks, tons of health, more speed, less resource costs... the list goes on.

For a PvE challenge there could be animals - though most of them would probably flee from gunshots. However getting close to a brown bear or wounded wild boar might be very dangerous. Though most of the challenge caused by animals might be their elusiveness with yourself as the hunter (which is also a kind of "hard to kill").

If i want "difficult human opponents" i play a "proper" shooter game where people have real skills, not a slow pace none-skilled camping scrubs simulator. DayZ isn't a shooter game.. and it will never be, all the skills you "think" you have aren't real.. sorry mate..

ok ib4 not realistic.

In a sense we are going to have "bosses". Hordes are pretty much confirmed, the current engine cant handle them yet but they will be added with the new engine. a horde of at least 50 zombies all attacking at once will take more than an axe/1 shot to kill. so they are a kind of boss in a sense. hope I answered your question.

Rocket has said in one of the early def blogs that the only form of "special" infected, would be a form of degradation of the body (broken legs, broken neck) etc. But nothing with super powers like in l4d that would never become part of the game. He also stated that if you really find the need to fight a special infected, you should play a game that is catered to that.

If i want "difficult human opponents" i play a "proper" shooter game where people have real skills, not a slow pace none-skilled camping scrubs simulator.

Actually not - because "proper" shooters are very limited in their options (like being reduced to those "real skills") and most of the time feature competitive balance. This means asymmetric "boss-fight-ish" situations simply won't happen that much. Otherwise people would cry because they are at a disadvantage and need more than "real skills" to come out on top. DayZ allows for this and thats why fighting players can result in some kind of boss fight.

If you are tired of camping scrubs simply switch to first person - no more peeking over walls, no more rapid perspective changes in close quarters, no more people knowing your location before coming out of cover.