Sign in to follow this  
yazar8

Where are the communist books?

I don't know if there are any communist books in the game right now, so If they are, I'm sorry.

But if they are not, there are 150 books here, but not even one book about communism.

We are in Mother Russia, we are in Novaya Russia, the motherland of communism, where are the communist books? Where are the books from Karl Marx? We're in a post-soviet country and there are no books about communism? 

Not because I'm going to read 'em, But It would be interesting to have a few of them lying around!

Edited by Yazar8
  • Like 2

I hope there is no books about communism in game. Lots of people died under commies, so we shouldn't have books in game that praise red ideology and their leaders...Some people could find it offensive.

I hope there is no books about communism in game. Lots of people died under commies, so we shouldn't have books in game that praise red ideology and their leaders...Some people could find it offensive.

Lots of people have died under lots of regimes. Communism is a wonderful idea; it's just impossible to execute. 

I wouldn't mind seeing some Communist books. As you say, it's a post-Soviet state. Makes sense. Frankly I don't pay attention to in-game books so I don't care either way.

• Like 1

I can find Jules Verne offensive too, this is an opinion.

Also to be clear If yar blaming people who died under commies you may look at the people who died under the capitalist system too. Wars happening all around the world, I'm not really going to argue about this.

At under any ideology people will die, doesn't matter what it is, communism or nazism, capitalism or something else, people die, yes maybe the ideology caused people to die but does that prevent you to add it to the game? 

If people find it offensive you may add books about capitalism too. 

I may find the AKM in the game offensive aswell because mostly geurrillas and terrorists use it, a lot of people died because of the AKM, does this prevent me from grabbing one?

Infact lets remove the guns aswell, they kill people and people who lost their families to guns may get offended.

I guess you're a hard anti-communist which can't even stand the word. 

Edited by Yazar8
  • Like 1

Lots of people have died under lots of regimes

yes, but no body asking for books that support other regimes.

Right... but I clarify it by agreeing that Chernarus, being a post-Soviet state, would have Communist books. Hell, I'm sure you can have Donald Trump's autobiography if you ask nicely.

I can find Jules Verne offensive too, this is an opinion.

Also to be clear If yar blaming people who died under commies you may look at the people who died under the capitalist system too. Wars happening all around the world, I'm not really going to argue about this.

At under any ideology people will die, doesn't matter what it is, communism or nazism, capitalism or something else, people die, yes maybe the ideology caused people to die but does that prevent you to add it to the game? 

If people find it offensive you may add books about capitalism too. 

I may find the AKM in the game offensive aswell because mostly geurrillas and terrorists use it, a lot of people died because of the AKM, does this prevent me from grabbing one?

Infact lets remove the guns aswell, they kill people and people who lost their families to guns may get offended.

I guess you're a hard anti-communist which can't even stand the word

people were dying under all regimes,but now you are talking about Communism,so i am replying that.

I really don't know how you can find Jules Verne offensive...and if somehow you can,it's cant be compare dwith some regime,especialy communist regime.

And AKM is used by many units that are fighting against terrorists...

Your guess is good, i am anti-communist.

Right... but I clarify it by agreeing that Chernarus, being a post-Soviet state, would have Communist books. Hell, I'm sure you can have Donald Trump's autobiography if you ask nicely.

I understand what are you saying but i think that we don't need to go so much in reality.And I am from central Europe,so i am not that interested in Donald Trump :)

*Ignores the flames*

Well most of the books that have been added are public domain, I've no idea if any communism books are public domain now a days or who 'owns' the rights to them so to speak (I mean that'd be ironic if someone bought the rights to a book about communism).  They probably also didn't add it out of 'fairness' or just to avoid controversy.

All the Lib Arts majors in Europe/USA bought them.

Seriously though, I wouldn't be against finding some Marxist literature scattered about, but I'm fine without it.

people were dying under all regimes,but now you are talking about Communism,so i am replying that.

I really don't know how you can find Jules Verne offensive...and if somehow you can,it's cant be compare dwith some regime,especialy communist regime.

And AKM is used by many units that are fighting against terrorists...

Your guess is good, i am anti-communist.

Jules Verne is a legend for sure.

BUY_1mMIEAAS_Bj.jpg

Can we have Mein Kampf?

Also, theres a saying that roughly goes: Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

So just pretending bad things didn't/don't happen is absurd, and so are arguments based on "feelings"

Can we have Mein Kampf?

Also, theres a saying that roughly goes: Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

So just pretending bad things didn't/don't happen is absurd, and so are arguments based on "feelings"

Learning history facts is one thing,but learning history from propaganda books is totally different...

Adding such books will be the same as saying; "This is a Russian game".. which i am sure that is not the intention of the Developers... and if it is.. that will be very self-destructive... is already bad enough that all the road sings are in Russian so most people have not idea where they are in the map.

Edited by Cpanther

The game doesn't take place in Russia, just saying.

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Chernarus

Chernarus is a fictional Former-Soviet Republic nation in DayZ Standalone based on the popular Chernarus map from ARMA II. It is infested with mindlesszombies and the survivors who aim to prevent succumbing to their attacks. The map of said country in the Standalone is called Chernarus+.

"Black Rus"

ChernaRUS

Official Language Russian

Yeah we aren't in Russia, I'm sorry,

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Chernarus

Chernarus is a fictional Former-Soviet Republic nation in DayZ Standalone based on the popular Chernarus map from ARMA II. It is infested with mindlesszombies and the survivors who aim to prevent succumbing to their attacks. The map of said country in the Standalone is called Chernarus+.

"Black Rus"

ChernaRUS

Official Language Russian

Yeah we aren't in Russia, I'm sorry,

Well.. enjoy you Russia, i'm sure it won't take long for modders to start adding other regions... then chernaRUS is going to be a very empty place... but hey.. you can always read communist books.  :P

Edited by Cpanther

BORING!!!!!!!!

You can have your commie books. Right after they put in nudie mags, car mags, newspapers, tabloids, and other interesting literature. You know, stuff people read on a regular basis.

Raise some money, put real advertisements of actual products in things people would actually read, into the game.