Sign in to follow this  
johnnygalt

Dead Servers

Why are servers listed that do not respond when you try to logon ? Last night I noticed like 20+ new servers listed that would not respond when you try to logon. Also, sometime servers I haved used before will not respond when I try to logon. Are the taken offline? If so, they shouldn't be in the list and should respond with a "offline" message if you try to logon.

Yeah I have noticed this has been getting worse and worse. I don't understand how servers work, but maybe because the Admins/Renters are less interested in playing because of the hacking or just bored of the game, then they don't log in and see the game did not restart correctly?

This is my best guess as to why more and more servers do not allow you to join them. We talked about this the other day but we are not sure why. I use to think there is an exploit where 1 to 4 people servers don't allow new players to join. Somebody claimed that it's just that the refresh list we see does not reflect the actual current status of some servers.

But how is it possible that there is a "ghost" image of a server that has 1 to 4 people in it.... you can't join it, but it's says it's there. I get the fact that some that say 0/40 just never restarted correctly and you can't join. But how can we see a ghost image of 4/40 and when you try to join it does not exist?

There's usually a good 40-50 servers with 0 people on it, and the time is usually stuck at 14:00 or something like that, and all of them have similar names. Not sure what they are or why they're on the list of servers to join...

There's usually a good 40-50 servers with 0 people on it, and the time is usually stuck at 14:00 or something like that, and all of them have similar names. Not sure what they are or why they're on the list of servers to join...

Servers stuck at 14:00 are broken due to persistence bugs.

Servers stuck at 14:00 are broken due to persistence bugs.

This existed far before the persistence was even in I believe,but when servers started to have persistence it did start to happen like 500% more lol ... It seems that before persistence there was one or 2 servers that needed to be reset because they were stuck or "broken" now it seems many are like that and im with hoth on this one I think some people don't care about their servers and when they get stuck in this state they don't check them to get them fixed .

But as for experimental it makes no sense because those are hosted (i think) by Bohemia or the dayz devs or something .. Maybe the devs don't even check the experimental servers but that seems far fetched ?

But as for experimental it makes no sense because those are hosted (i think) by Bohemia or the dayz devs or something .. Maybe the devs don't even check the experimental servers but that seems far fetched ?

My guess is that they're well aware of it and are working on the issue. Making sure experimental servers are playable should be a lower priority.

There's literally hundreds of lines of code in this game and any one of them can turn the game into a ruined potato.