BugZ (DayZ)

About Wallet Usage

Well I see on status report leather wallet will be in game but I really confused about usage. How we can use wallet ? There is no money ?Even if there is money there is no shop to use money ? So whats going on ?

Lets say if they add id card into game we can put it in wallet bu this is not logical to carry wallet only one just for id and I dont think we will have id card in game.

Defineatly we cant put food or clothes in wallet so how we wıll use wallet ? Any Ideas ?

maybe a nice place to put the map or some notes on paper without loosing a space in normal inventory?

Maybe also small items like fishing hooks. Again, to save inventory space.

It is a bit odd, though, agreed.

You will be shock the things you can put in a wallet....

- Pills

- Hooks

- Maps

- Photos

- Small pencil

- Feathers

- Precision tools

- Compass

- Watches

- Screws

- Nails

- Small Scissors

- Needles 

And many other things....

• Like 3

I need monies put into the game.

I am a trader and telling passer-bys that I use 5.56 as currency, most of them look at my funny and say, I dont have any 5.56 to trade.

1 bullet = 1 Can of food

5 bullets = Water Bottle/Canteen

20 bullets = Magazine

10 bullets = Misc tool that has a use

^ Thats pretty much all ive got 

otherwise I trade with people with the good old barter system.

Even today, I traded a bottle of water for a bag of rice at gunpoint! If I said no, who knows what would have had happend?

hopefully, we see the implementation of some sort of money, or currency. Something that will actually work. 

Because trading 5.56 would be plausible if 5.56 wasn't so easy to get ahold of.

I am a trader and telling passer-bys that I use 5.56 as currency, most of them look at my funny and say, I dont have any 5.56 to trade.

1 bullet = 1 Can of food

20 bullets = Magazine

Even today, I traded a bottle of water for a bag of rice at gunpoint! If I said no, who knows what would have had happend?

hopefully, we see the implementation of some sort of money, or currency. Something that will actually work. 

Cigarettes are coming to DayZ. That might become a currency alternative to bullets (which may (hopefully) become too precious to trade away, given development time).

• Like 1

1 bullet = 1 Can of food

20 bullets = Magazine

Why people would give butllet to you instead of put bullet in your head and get all your items. Its so easy if someone got any pistol in his backpack he can shoot you suddenly in head without ruin your items. How do I know ? Because I doing that myself and gain manything without pay nothing.

Why people would give butllet to you instead of put bullet in your head and get all your items. Its so easy if someone got any pistol in his backpack he can shoot you suddenly in head without ruin your items. How do I know ? Because I doing that myself and gain manything without pay nothing.

A trade centre will fix that.. policed by players, of course..but you will need to trade your stuff somewhere, and that area will most likely be guarded by players.

that area will most likely be constantly under attack by players.

Fixed your comment for you ... :P

• Like 1

I thought it would have been neat for those that paid extra for the supporters version to be able to put their details in-game on an ID-card, similar to how prison architect allowed supporters to name prisoners, rap sheet etc.

I really have no idea what purpose it will serve currently.

Well I see on status report leather wallet will be in game but I really confused about usage. How we can use wallet ? There is no money ?Even if there is money there is no shop to use money ? So whats going on ?

Lets say if they add id card into game we can put it in wallet bu this is not logical to carry wallet only one just for id and I dont think we will have id card in game.

Defineatly we cant put food or clothes in wallet so how we wıll use wallet ? Any Ideas ?

Im positive that it was a good move to ask, because you know since its only in art department now, Im sure even the mods on this forum know everything about it.. hell, even random members probably have already used it and know all the answers for you..

Sarcasm is great with coffee.  ;)

Because then, when the stories of you going around murdering merchants gets around, NOBODY will want to travel in your general vicinity, much less trade with you.

Have fun starving to death, with zero bullets for your gun.

• Like 1

1 bullet = 1 Can of food

20 bullets = Magazine

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; In a RL  collapse of society (hypothetical, as such a situation has never happened in over 40,000 of human development and civilization) hard alcohol would be the go-to "medium of exchange", and the basis for a new form of currency.

Why? It has so many survival uses, it isn't even funny. With moonshine made from surplus crops, you can make water drinkable, clean wounds, sterilize medical equipment, lubricate industrial machinery, power diesel engines, light up the night via lamps, as well as a general painkiller (duh) and extra caloric intake. The quality can be controlled relatively easily (unlike metal coins, which require knowledge of metallurgical processes), and the quantity can be controlled by only allowing certain brewers to make it, or having different proofs of alcohol having different values. This actually occurred in Colonial America, with whiskey being used as money more so than British coin.

After a while, once industry gets started, there would be some form of actual currency, whether coinage, paper, clay, etc. But, I would be willing to hazard a guess that this currency would be based off of hard alcohol. For example, " One copper coin gets you 1 gallon of 100 proof corn moonshine. The coin can be broken into 8 pieces, like old Spanish Dubloons, each piece is worth 1 pint of the same. Lower proof alcohol is worth proportionally less, as it has fewer possible uses."

• Like 3

Because if someone has a gun out when trading I always have someone with me backing me up.

You need to understand that not everyone is a Asshat in DayZ and some people enjoy the fact that someone is going out of their way to trade with folk to better the wasteland.

I hate the "OMG I SEE A GUY BRAVO ECHO FOXTROT 1000M TO THE WEST FLANK AROUND AND SHOOT HIM!!!!" mentality of dayz, its a gawt dang survival game, not a shoot each other and end humanity game.   Ive actually had multiple bandits admit they were going to kill me after I gave them bullets for their gun, but did not after actually conversing and trading with me.  

So, there is hope in some of the dayz community, ive only been killed once since I started trading and it was because I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Edited by leviski

Yes but obviously your not thinking out of the box, Im sure you listen your music with mono sound instead of stereo.

I hate the "OMG I SEE A GUY BRAVO ECHO FOXTROT 1000M TO THE WEST FLANK AROUND AND SHOOT HIM!!!!" mentality of dayz, its a gawt dang survival game, not a shoot each other and end humanity game.  

Open your fauvorite source for news and look them for 1 minute, and you will realize that survival against other humans everyday business and it will be in apocalypse world too.

• Like 1

Because then, when the stories of you going around murdering merchants gets around, NOBODY will want to travel in your general vicinity, much less trade with you.

Have fun starving to death, with zero bullets for your gun.

There is easy solution I can change my nickname and act like my mic broken. Then in some second again my bullet in merchants head. :D

There is easy solution I can change my nickname and act like my mic broken. Then in some second again my bullet in merchants head. :D

So.....you are admitting that you are the cancer infecting this game? Good to know...

• Like 1

So.....you are admitting that you are the cancer infecting this game? Good to know...

Yes you are right ! I am very very bad bandit. No mercy ! :D

• Like 1

- Pills

- Hooks

- Maps

- Photos

- Small pencil

- Feathers

- Precision tools

- Compass

- Watches

- Screws

- Nails

- Small Scissors

- Needles 

• Like 2

- Pills

- Hooks

- Maps

- Photos

- Small pencil

- Feathers

- Precision tools

- Compass

- Watches

- Screws

- Nails

- Small Scissors

- Needles 

You forgot the most obvious one, condoms.