Sign in to follow this  
ElectraAO

Best Setting Layout?

Hey guys! I can never seem to be that happy with the settings in DayZ Standalone.. The settings are either too high and laggy or really high FPS but ugly low settings. I am looking for some settings layout that allows it to still be quite beautiful but still gives me a fair amount of frame works. 

FYI: I have an AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

Hope that gives you a fair look of how well my computer runs.

I'm as well cry when I see how crappy it looks when I'm playing with everything on either lowest or disabled setting. But as I've seen in one thread some things can actually be changed to a higher setting without suffering any fps loss. My advice is to get fraps or something to see fps in-game and tweek it yourself.

This thread should help you greatly http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/209936-fps-guide-optimal-pvp-settings-full-summary-in-op/

Edited by Miracool

What worked for me was running FRAPS for my FPS and tuning the settings as high/pretty as I could without the framerate dropping below 30fps in Svetlo.

Some things I could crank and not only did my FPS not go down much, but in a few cases improved on higher settings. Your graphics card is a factor, but IIRC there are many other settings that are processor dependent, or when switched to low shift the burden from one to the other.