Sign in to follow this  
Kalle Bowo

On which servers do tents save your loot?

Hey guys,

on which servers do tents save your loot at the moment? I've heard it works on every server of the experimental branch but only on the servers marked as "presistence enabled" on stable branch. Correct?

I ask because in my opinion the loot re/spawn on both of these types is a horrible mess. Either you find close to nothing, even in the most remote areas (and you can't tell me that Sinistok is THE place where everybody goes to loot ... and closes every single door behind them because there are so many zombies in the town). Or you drown in loot, like 100 items in a feed shack or soooo many items that my game crashes twice when I try to enter these big military buildings with the prison.

Thanks for every info!

cheers,

Kalle

Right now, any of the official servers that say "Persistence Enabled" are supposed to save your gear. I wouldn't worry about it until the update though, with 0.49 they are going to wipe the hive and reset everything. After that almost all of them should have persistent gear assuming nothing goes awry and the providers have adequate backup systems in place.

Hey guys, so now after the character reset, are there any news on that persitence thing?

the news are that nobody can find tents even though official say persistence enabled

the news are that nobody can find tents even though official say persistence enabled

r u gidding me i have a camp of tents my friends and i share

search apartments

Are they on the rooftops only or can be found in rooms also?

We found two. On a rooftop and a balcony.

Edited by Ceallach
  • Like 1

I heard they spawn in these little huts...? Link

Not anymore. They were moved to the apartments.

Hey guys, just checking if there are any news on the "where do tents save your loot" issue. Is it still limited to servers marked as "persistence enabled" or does it finally work everywhere?

cheers,

Kalle

yeah, some people found a way to dupe not only weapons but tents too, so they usually are having "camps" full of tents.

Nice. But on which servers do the tents save the loot at the moment? Everywhere or just on as "persistence enabled" marked servers?

Nice. But on which servers do the tents save the loot at the moment? Everywhere or just on as "persistence enabled" marked servers?

How do you think? Of course only in those where persistence is enabled. Keep in mind though that those servers are highly unstable and randomly deletes certain items. Even without a restart.

Edited by MaxRain

Guys, this kind of sucks. Sometimes the tent stays, sometimes it disappears. Sometimes it saves the loot, sometimes it doesn't. I'll explain.

Test 1 on a regular server without a "persistence" marking: Tent disappears

Test 2 on a hardcore server with "persistence" marking: Tent is still there. Loot disappears completely. Can't put new loot inside the tent. Can't close the tent.

Test 3 on the same hardcore server: Tent disappears.

Test 4 on a regular server with "persistence" marking: Tent is still there. Loot disappears partially. Can't put new loot inside the tent. Can't close the tent.

Test 5 on a regular server with "persistence" marking: Tent disappears.

Sooo, do you have any idea?! Is this hole persistence thing still that buggy? Have you experienced the same things? Or can you recommend any servers which definitely save the loot? Thanks in advance!

Btw: All the tests have been done within the last 2 days on low pop servers. Sometimes with just a couple of hours in between pitching the tent and taking a look again at the camping site. Me and my group are pretty efficent at finding new tents and to be safe we run quite a long way into the woods to pitch the tent. So I really doubt somebody else took all the tents.

And if you still insist on the "Somebody stole your gear" thing, I had nothing but a green construction worker's helmet (2x2 slots) and 1 round for the AK/M4A1 inside the tent. Even if they took the helmet, shouldn't the 1 round be autoamtically placed in the 1st slot in the upper left corner?

tent-loot-test.jpg

Edited by Kalle Bowo

Any news on the persistence thing since Patch 0.50?

As you can read above, my experience with tents so far wasn't that funny. Loot and whole tents disappeared. How are your experiences now?