d.walker43

zombies still respawning on death site within 10 seconds

Hi guys, im simply wondering if anyone has encountered this other then me. zombies are spawning right on top of their dead bodies, listen I like a challenge and the-realistic ness of facing a horde, but having them spawn before my very eyes just isn't right. I ask that this bug please be looked at and fixed sooner than later.

I was running to Balota and my character got thirsty, so I went and made a quick stop in a small village to find some pops. 3 zombies came running at me. I shot them all with a B95, took care of them rather quickly, and went on my way looking for water. then, another zombie hit me from behind. killed it. more came. killed them. now I was getting concerned, normally you don't encounter like 8-10 zombies within a 5 minute period. I was bleeding at this point, and I didn't have a lot of ammo left for the B95. I couldn't stop to bandage, because they just kept coming. Now, normally I would be perfectly fine with this, this is what a zombie apocalypse should be like. however, it should NOT be zombies spawning literally on top of their comrades bodies. I probably took down a good 30 zombies, but my screen was fading quickly and I was running low on ammo. I ran into a house and closed the door. 4-6 zombies ran through the door, and I was hit a few times. All of a sudden, the dreaded black screen with those dreaded words "you are unconscious" appeared. after about 30 seconds the last word changed.

I understand "this is alpha" and all that, ive been here a while and know and understand that. but this bug needs to be fixed. its not a gamebreaker, but its pretty close. Thanks for reading.

Besides Alpha, this is also a zombie game...so...having to fight some zeds is a possibility don´t you think?

"normally you don't encounter like 8-10 zombies within a 5 minute period"

you do if you use a gun.

• Like 1

Sounds like you had a zombie survival experience in dayZ... I can understand why you were shocked and upset :P

This isn’t really a bug, as the servers have hard times running more than a few zombies at the same time (that’s why the population limit is so low for players as well), the devs had to find a way to simulate the hordes they cannot simply afford to display on the current game engine.

The idea is to make the game tricky, like when you decide to open fire, if there was only one zombie in a let’s say 500 meters radius because they have to be spread equally on the map, the game would be far too easy. One shot and the whole area is secured of zombies until next restart?

People would laugh or complain about that so called zombie survival game that can barely handle a few zombies, so they added the infinite re-spawn to make you suffer in case you’re stupid enough to open fire.

That’s why, if you don’t want to be overwhelmed by the undead infinite re-spawn, don’t shoot. Learn to use your melee weapon and take the zombies one by one by sneaking behind them.

This of course makes the use of firearms useless until the engine is changed, actually firearms are only useful against other players, just evaluate carefully the situation before you eventually openfire.

Hi guys, im simply wondering if anyone has encountered this other then me. zombies are spawning right on top of their dead bodies, listen I like a challenge and the-realistic ness of facing a horde, but having them spawn before my very eyes just isn't right. I ask that this bug please be looked at and fixed sooner than later.

I was running to Balota and my character got thirsty, so I went and made a quick stop in a small village to find some pops. 3 zombies came running at me. I shot them all with a B95, took care of them rather quickly, and went on my way looking for water. then, another zombie hit me from behind. killed it. more came. killed them. now I was getting concerned, normally you don't encounter like 8-10 zombies within a 5 minute period. I was bleeding at this point, and I didn't have a lot of ammo left for the B95. I couldn't stop to bandage, because they just kept coming. Now, normally I would be perfectly fine with this, this is what a zombie apocalypse should be like. however, it should NOT be zombies spawning literally on top of their comrades bodies. I probably took down a good 30 zombies, but my screen was fading quickly and I was running low on ammo. I ran into a house and closed the door. 4-6 zombies ran through the door, and I was hit a few times. All of a sudden, the dreaded black screen with those dreaded words "you are unconscious" appeared. after about 30 seconds the last word changed.

I understand "this is alpha" and all that, ive been here a while and know and understand that. but this bug needs to be fixed. its not a gamebreaker, but its pretty close. Thanks for reading.

I just want to say it's an on-going fix. The developers said so. Also the first steps in addressing this issue is actually in the experimental build 0.49. If you do some searching and reading you'll see that they have started the initial implementation of 64-bit servers. Also added a new zombie AI, zombies clipping, etc...Search and look up your topic first then make a post. :) Lastly like stated above, use melee weapons for now, until the in-progress zombies are finished. Have fun!

Edited by Kronons

Besides Alpha, this is also a zombie game...so...having to fight some zeds is a possibility don´t you think?

listen I like a challenge and the-realistic ness of facing a horde, but....

I know. it was good there was a challenge, but it also needs to be a do-able challenge. if I would have kept on surviving and killing, there would have still been plenty of zombies after I killed them. when they are endless it isn't even possible.