Sign in to follow this  
IceCo7d

Screen goes black when looking at fire/chemlight

Hello guys!

Please see the image below to see what happens to my screen when I look at light source:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/25089119504106094/CE3B057AE3E334671FF04840DAD259097620414A/

I was trying to search in google for a similar issue but I was unable to find any sort of help with it. I checked all the graphic settings comparing to my friend to see if I have something else switched on that could cause the issue but it doesn't seem like it's anything to do with the in-game settings.

I have read that it could be something to do with my graphics card. I have recently set up a new PC and the graphics card that I use is:

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 Overclocked 2GB Graphics Card PCI-E DVI HDMI DisplayPort (rev. 2.0)

Any tips?

Thanks.

-snip-

lol, this same thing just happened to me literally 30 seconds ago! first time it has happened, I got off and came here and saw this post lol. It happened to me when i picked up a yellow chemlight and broke it. the screen went black except for the chemlight, i could see way better without the light then with it. I was on a nighttime server. Several weeks ago i made a fire, and it was fine when i did that. the light shown through the walls, but i think that their old version of DirectX can be blamed for that. Imma go report this as a glitch/bug on the tracker.