asid27

Stay OUT of Gorka and Staroye

Warning! Stay Out of Gorka and Staroye, especially S-SW Gorka and N-NE Staroye.

Both towns and the fields interconnecting them have been overrun by hordes of zombies and travel through these towns is ill-advised. I am a relatively new player to the game and have been making my way to Elektro for some time now and never experienced anything like this town yet. My tactic when approaching a town or building is to be as stealthy as possible, crouching and hiding in grass to avoid zombies. This tactic did not seem to work in these towns (starting in Gorka) as every time I looked around, a zombie was running after me or spawning in front of me. After having my leg broken by a swarm of them, I managed to be next to a small house where I was able to close myself inside and kill the remaining zombie with my axe. Then I was able to splint my leg and switch servers (it might sound cowardly, but I will do what I must to survive). After coming back to a fresh new server relatively zombie-free, I made my way through the field (crouching the whole way)  towards what I later found out was Staroye. Before I could even come to the first building, I was attacked from my six by a crawling zombie. When I turned around, I noticed about five zombies behind me. I was chased into the wilderness about 70 meters away until I was clear of them. I managed my way into a bar where I climbed the stairs to the highest floor and patched myself up. I had just a few minutes to view my map and locate my position using my compass before two more zombies began climbing up the stairs towards me. Instinctively I logged off before I could be battered again.

I want to warn any players who are not heavily armed and prepared to deal with hordes of zombies to stay OUT of Gorka, Staroye and the fields between. Also, it is not worth visiting these towns as they are not high value lot spawns and only served me in looting a compass, canteen, some food, and warm clothing.

Good luck to you and stay safe,

Harrison

:beans:

*shakes head*  your problem is trying to sneak in.  when they do notice you, there's still all of them left and you're in the middle of them.  just don't.

go in standing up and get their attention one at a time and AXE them one at a time.  if you have to pull out a gun, you did something very wrong and you're about to make another mistake.

*shakes head*  your problem is trying to sneak in.  when they do notice you, there's still all of them left and you're in the middle of them.  just don't.

go in standing up and get their attention one at a time and AXE them one at a time.  if you have to pull out a gun, you did something very wrong and you're about to make another mistake.

Trust me, if I had a gun to use, I would never use it. I steer clear of gun use unless provoked by another player, which has not happened yet. Thanks for the advise, but the reason that I am crawling in is because I am still not got with melee weapons and end up getting hit about twice per swing that I perform.

I've had this happen several times since the last couple of updates where a town appears to be quiet, you enter cautiously of course, only to be swarmed by 5 or 6 Zed's/Infected coming from all directions.  If you're a fresh spawn looking for a melee weapon, I've found that it's often better to run circles around and throughout a town to keep distance from the Zed's while at the same time peering into garages and other open structures for a weapon as you run by them.  Then circle back if you do find something, pick it up, and run away until you can compose yourself.  You can punch Zed's of course, but that becomes difficult if there are several of them when you're not healthy yet and you've already used your shirt as rags and find yourself bleeding out.

• Like 1

IME it's true that that area of the map (Gorka, Polana, Dolina, Staroye) is pretty Z-heavy. It's also pretty newspawn heavy, which makes for some entertaining cabaret.

More than once I've headed that way to help out a fresh spawn and have been chased away by three or four Zs at a time.

Gotta learn the zombie dance side-step around them, don't try to back up out of range. Don't bother attempting to fight them until you've found an axe, pick-axe, or hoe. (Machette or hammer can be good if you're confident with the 1-handed attack and dodging) When approaching a town, look for visible zeds and plan an approach to stay out of the FoV of as many as you can. Before you enter, sort out and free up your inventory, ditch anything you don't need, eat any food you can until you're stuffed. Your job in town is to get through there as fast as possible grabbing anything useful and locating a decent melee weapon. Close doors behind you, but beware because crawlers still go through closed doors, and walkers can still glitch occasionally as well. don't rely on elevation to keep you save, zeds can still hit you from below through the floor.

Issues will be had by stopping to sort out inventory in the town, or eating etc. This is when Zeds get the drop on you, get you bleeding and ruin your clothes/gear.

For the zombies that do spot you, the important thing is not to panic.  Let them chase you, then as you move from building to building, weave around other buildings, hop over fences etc to tie them up. Pop in, take what you need. Once you have a decent melee weapon then your strategy changes. If a zed agros on you, don't run, just look for some cover from expected threat angles that players may be watching from, then dispatch that zed before moving on. Again try and avoid their FoV and either hit them in the back of the head, or avoid them completely.

• Like 1

Trust me, if I had a gun to use, I would never use it. I steer clear of gun use unless provoked by another player, which has not happened yet. Thanks for the advise, but the reason that I am crawling in is because I am still not got with melee weapons and end up getting hit about twice per swing that I perform.

It's always a good idea to know where the nearest ladder is too, they can't follow you up a ladder.

Replace "zombies" with "hackers" and it all makes sense.