• FNX45
    • CR75
    • P1
    • Makarov
    • Amphibia
    • Sawn-off Shotgun
    • Sawn-off Mosin (The Obrez)
    • The Longhorn
  2. 2. Of the following, which do you prefer with AK/M4/assault rifles?

• Magnum
    • FNX45
    • CR75
    • P1
    • Makarov
    • Amphibia
    • Sawn-off shotgun
    • Sawn-off Mosin (The Obrez)
    • The Longhorn
  3. 3. Which of the following is your primary weapon of choice?

• AKM
    • AK101
    • M4A1
    • MP5K

Curious as to which firearms people keep in their backpacks to compliment a primary weapon. I left out MP5K on purpose.

For question 3, assume that you would be able to have best possible attachments.

Thanks!

i only use m4 and fnx i dont really like any of the other firearms.

AK-101 or AKM only. I prefer the AK-101's looks to the AKM, and the M4A1 isn't good enough in my opinion to justify how rare it is.

Sidearms are nearly useless in DayZ, well I take that back. They're useful until you find one of the myriad of primary weapons out there, which takes all of two minutes.

If sidearms were useful, though, definitely the FNX.

And I still contend that the Mosin and/or SKS are just categorically better than any assault rifles as it stands now from a holistic perspective.

Edited by Katana67

Sidearms are nearly useless in DayZ, well I take that back. They're useful until you find one of the myriad of primary weapons out there, which takes all of two minutes.

They're far from it, I find them much more useful in close quarters than my main unless my main is an AK or M4 etc. I got a fairly long range kill with a Magnum today which really rebuilt my confidence with pistols.

As a side note this is not a great poll it leaves out a lot of primaries, ideal loadout is a CR527 and any 9mm/380 pistol [P1, CR75, Makarov] or the magnum

Edited by a_ruttle

They're far from it, I find them much more useful in close quarters than my main unless my main is an AK or M4 etc. I got a fairly long range kill with a Magnum today which really rebuilt my confidence with pistols.

As a side note this is not a great poll it leaves out a lot of primaries, ideal loadout is a CR527 and any 9mm/380 pistol [P1, CR75, Makarov] or the magnum

We'll, best load out seems to be relative to your current needs/ role.

I'm aware that I left out certain weapons, but this is intentional. The poll questions are carefully considered.

I'm curious as to why you prefer cr527 because they are far from the ideal when it comes to sniping or 'spray and pray' tactics.

• Like 1

Makarov is best  Since long time only one I going with makarov. Makarov even better than sks for some situtions.

We'll, best load out seems to be relative to your current needs/ role.

I'm aware that I left out certain weapons, but this is intentional. The poll questions are carefully considered.

I'm curious as to why you prefer cr527 because they are far from the ideal when it comes to sniping or 'spray and pray' tactics.

Righto, out of the mains you listed I'd opt for an AKM without scope [Haven't found an AK101 yet].

I like the CR527 for a number of reasons, in terms of performance it hits like a mosin despite using a weaker round, I personally find the sights on the CR to be great both at close range and when firing at distant enemies. I don't 'snipe' so much as I look to fire at enemies from about 100-300 meters away, this panics them while leaving me far enough away to avoid instant detection but remain close enough to block escape routes etc by relocating. Using an AKM or the like to do this is much more likely to get me spotted and take return fire, and while a CR may be mistaken for a few potshots from a distant shooter, targets expect AKM fire to be coming from <100meters so they turtle up and get defensive making them harder to kill as opposed to runners [weapon sounds atm are hit and miss so it's hard to tell the difference between shots from 50 meters and shots from 300 sometimes].  It also looks cool which is a big plus xD. Downsides are the need to find mags and the fact that it is loud like a mosin.

I generally run the AK-101/AKM, as the M4 is too rare to justify it's use. But I prefer the 101, as the improved accuracy and the relative commonality of magazines (my HC char has like 4). Mosin and SKS are weapons of chance, I'll generally forsake them once I have the necessary supplies for an assault rifle.

I'm a bolt-action kind of guy so always CR527 or Mosin (no LRS) for me. Automatics are easy-mode. I'm really liking the Makarov as a sidearm lately. Sadly, I can't participate in your poll as it makes the insulting assumption that I'd keep an assault rifle as a primary. :(

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 1

I'm a bolt-action kind of guy so always CR527 or Mosin (no LRS) for me. Automatics are easy-mode. I'm really liking the Makarov as a sidearm lately. Sadly, I can't participate in your poll as it makes the insulting assumption that I'd keep an assault rifle as a primary. :(

Yeah exactly.

Why are there only automatics for the choices of primary weapon?

I prefer the double barrel or else a mosin if I feel like sniping.

• Like 2

I am on the fence with much of this.

I prefer the AK101, but finding ammo or even mags for it... harder than the others.

2nd would be the AKM, but I find way more 101's.

I've yet to find an M4.

On handguns, the 357 and its ammo is so common I like it.

The Makharov... after weeks I found my first magazine for it today. 

I have fairly good luck finding 1911s, the clips and the ammo for them, so that is my norm.

I've never found the FNX kit all at the same time, so I have no yardstick for that.

The longhorn is a pain to reload... just not practical.

Bolt action stuff is good for a change and when I do this it is LR kit on the mosin and I snipe people at the high loot spots.  I seem to annoy them though none have died from it.

I never had a CR75. And I never had a P1 with magazine either. Also I have never even seen a MP5-K.

Anyways for pistols I prefer the Magnum because it doesn't require magazines, the Amphibia S because its quiet and the FNX45 because it has a large magazine. The first two I have no problem finding ammo for and Amphibia magazines are strangely enough quite common compared to other pistol magazines. However the FNX45 is just stupidly overpowered as the .45 APC deals way to much damage (the same as .357 - slightly less than Soviet ammo instead of slightly more than 9mm) while the implementation of the FNX45 also omits its disadvantages - weight and a smaller magazine size. So if I was forced to go with Mosin+handgun (I don't like the Mosin that much because I am not into long ange combat) I would pick the FNX45 - while hoping it will finally get its well deserved nerf in the future.

With assault rifles I usually switch the sidearm for more magazines if possible but I think I would go with the Amphibia S here for stealth.

For the last it would probably be the AK-101. The AKM might be stronger (its the same gun but fires a heavier round and can use a drum magazine) but the AK-101 has less competition for ammo which can be stacked to a higher number (not important right now because 0.48 gives us plenty of ammo, guns and magazines) and a little less recoil so I find it a little bit more practical.

In the end I like to use different guns as I see fit as most of them (in fact all but the CR527 and P1) have their advantages.

Edited by Evil Minion

leaving out the MP5k, and then adding it in the last column is kinda retarded simply because, A) it's not a primary weapon, its still a secondary any smart player with a mosin, will choose a MP5k then a FNX, or a Magnum depending on if they already have fnx mags or not.

I generally run the AK-101/AKM, as the M4 is too rare to justify it's use. But I prefer the 101, as the improved accuracy and the relative commonality of magazines (my HC char has like 4). Mosin and SKS are weapons of chance, I'll generally forsake them once I have the necessary supplies for an assault rifle.

Takes about an hour to find a M4 as a freshie with a little luck, Spend 2 hours looking for heli crashes and you'll certainly find all the attachments and the gun as well as grenades.

But for those who are lazy, the ak is everywhere :)

If I'm running with a Mosin, then the MP5 is the best secondary so long as you've got space; that's personally my ideal choice. If I'm running with any of the machine guns then it's more a case of whatever gun I've found the clip / ammo for as they don't make much difference really; though I do love the Amphibia. 

AK101 because it's literally the best weapon in game.

I dunno, to me the AKM is, it's deadly up close and deadly at range with a scope.

I dunno, to me the AKM is, it's deadly up close and deadly at range with a scope.

AK101 is more precise.

AK101 is more precise.

But the akm is way better mid to close range and if you tap the trigger with a pso scope it's amazing at range.