Sign in to follow this  
NoPaEr10

Do you ever feel sorry?

So basically this happened:
I was in a Berezino PVP server and went up the southern apartment building. I walked up the stairs and heared someone shooting from the roof top. I slowly went up the ladder, and saw the guy camping there with an m4. I thought it was hacked 'cuz it is pretty much standart nowadays. I stayed there for 15 minutes just watching him what he does. Considering the fact that he probably has a hacked m4, made me think to knock him out.
Basically after 15 minutes he stood up all of the sudden and sat down. He was obviously logging out so I went up, knocked him out, and took his gear.

Then, for the very first time in months, I see a legit m4 with legit mags and legit ammo. And he even had a tactical vest which made me think that he hasn't been playing in a while. I felt unbelievably sorry for the guy I knocked out. He probably had that gear for a long time (except for the leather backpack) ;/ And now my question:

Have you ever felt sorry for somebody you killed/knocked out?

Btw, here is the profit I got :D

2014082900007lvwh5mkie.jpg2014082900007sprx4dnk2.jpg

Note: Sorry for my English :P German student right here ;D

Edited by NoPaEr10

nope. i dont kos, i only kill people who are doing something to deserve it.

I killed a friend who got stuck and I felt sorry for him. My first two kills made me think something like "what a waste". Both were relatively recently spawned pricks who wanted to beat me down.

lol 1st time I've seen somebody sorry for killing a bandit. 

I live by new rules set for myself as a survivor.. "If you see me or become aware of my presence then my chances of survival drop from 100% to 50%. I don't set-out to kill but if I do, it's unfortunate that they have to die".
So I feel no sorrow, I only hear the sound of static-noise and my heartbeat as I recognise the horror of what it takes to survive.   

As long as you recognise your moral situation, you're still one of the good guys.

(I'm surprised you thought it was hacked tho)

wunderbar zum typpen, weniger fehlen.

When i was first learning to snipe, I felt a pang of guilt for the poor souls I was using as target practice over at Balota ATC.  I had no intention of looting them, and found myself rather good at killing them at the time.  Usually in groups of 2-3, I'd usually fail to kill the last guy but occasionally winged him with my bullet.  If they came back i put them out of their misery.

No attachment to gear.

No fear.

No regrets.

no i try to get my gear legit not by robbing and killing , i would of just let him log out and been on my way

I felt really sorry once. I ran towars Elektro from the north beach, and when I got to the first houses I suddenly see a zombie in front of me just standing there. I had my sks up so I shot him. Just then I realized that it was another player that was probably just afk. I said sorry a few times and tried to bandage him put he was dead as a doornail.

A few minutes later I was sniped while sitting in the firestation tower munching on some beans. I guess its karma.

screw that, i've recently been handcuffing people then throwing grenades at them. the wipe is coming so why not?

No need to feel sorry. I have NEVER needed to kill anyone over my entire DayZ career, and I've been playing since the early mod. I do feel bad for friends of mine that die, though.

The only time I've ever felt sorry was during the night when a friend and I were running a small distance apart and a guy held him up. Now, I was far enough away I couldn't hear him speak through direct and my buddy told me he was being held up with a shotgun. I shot the guy a couple times and ran up and my buddy tells me the other guy was asking if he wanted to group up and if buddy had some stuff to trade. Looked like my buddy was going to be shot to me, but oh well.

"do you ever feel sorry"

*stops sobbing and Looks up with puffy eyes...

"no, no, not anymore"

*you are dead*

I was pretty well geared up and was walking through Berez, this guy approached me, he seemed friendly enough, he just asked if I was with anyone and what id been up to etc, then we walked together into a house to find him some food (as he said he was hungry), then he said over his mic, "im really sorry but I need that AK", then he wacked me with his axe and I was dead in one blow.

Actually i had a few close calls and one guy i ran into and let go tried to hunt me down and try to machete me to death but i lived through all these. Most were rather friendly and were averted ether by running or just carrying on like normal. So no I really don't ever feel sorry because I try to stay away from ppl whenever possible.

The new extreme elements are going to force ppl to behave a little better anyways unless they want to die as a fresh spawn all the time.

Edited by Deathlove

Yesterday I shot my Mosin at a guy with no pants, shirt or shoes but hunter backpack. Simpy because I hate it when people run around without pants.

I broke his legs in the process.

He was calling out something to me and I don't know what he said. I was in the dilemma between finishing him off and helping him back on his feet. I chickened out and ran off somewhere else.

Later, in bed that night, I really got a bad conscience. What if this wasn't a no-pants guy, but someone who had been robbed sent him off without any clothes? He was obviously looking for stuff and he picked up the backpack at the barracks, and then I shot him and broke his legs. I felt so bad. Especially for not going back to help him.

If you're reading this, I'm so sorry, man! If I could turn back the hands of time I'd go over and put you out your misery!

(just kidding, I'd go over and help)

So basically this happened:

I was in a Berezino PVP server and went up the southern apartment building. I walked up the stairs and heared someone shooting from the roof top. I slowly went up the ladder, and saw the guy camping there with an m4. I thought it was hacked 'cuz it is pretty much standart nowadays. I stayed there for 15 minutes just watching him what he does. Considering the fact that he probably has a hacked m4, made me think to knock him out.

Basically after 15 minutes he stood up all of the sudden and sat down. He was obviously logging out so I went up, knocked him out, and took his gear.

Then, for the very first time in months, I see a legit m4 with legit mags and legit ammo. And he even had a tactical vest which made me think that he hasn't been playing in a while. I felt unbelievably sorry for the guy I knocked out. He probably had that gear for a long time (except for the leather backpack) ;/ And now my question:

Btw, here is the profit I got :D

2014082900007lvwh5mkie.jpg2014082900007sprx4dnk2.jpg

Note: Sorry for my English :P German student right here ;D

Nope.

Well yesterday I shot a guy in a building while he was rising hands to surrender. I mistook that for reaching for a gun, I did feel bad about that but that was 40/40 berezino pvp server so it was heat of the combat. 

I had an m4 like that, prisitine mp parts, acog, bipod, and a few coupled stanags..... then i was in the apartments, alone, nobody in there, then all of a sudden i am unconcious, was out for about 20 secs, then i get back up.......m4 and mags gone......

thanks mr hacker/admin

was on a pipsi server. never playing it again.

I would've felt bad killing that guy lol

He must've had that tac. vest for ages.

i once shot and executed a guy that had nothing except a banana. that is the only time i felt pretty bad..

One time I was in Berezino and a guy called out on chat asking if I was friendly, as I was running down the street (didn't really worry about loosing anything as I was a freshspawn). I said Yeah, I could use help killing these zombies. (Had a magnum with only 6 bullets) He kills them and I hand him a rag to bandage up. As we're talking, my 2 buddies playing in the next town up from me were ambushed by a group of 3. So I put on the mic saying "I hate to do this to ya man, but I need that mosin." Drop him with a magnum, grab his gear,(felt horrible for doing so) and ran towards my buddies, one of them died, but we were able to take out the group of bandits that ambushed them.

I've done some horrible things to people, but that one got to me..

Special K, if you're reading this, I'm terribly sorry for killing you. If I ever see you again, you can have everything on my person and shoot me for it.

• Like 1