haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

You may want to not opt in to experimental branch. This is by its own definition an unstable branch that we use to experiment. It is not somewhere you should go looking to have an enjoyable play experience.

Some times the build will have serious issues, some times the servers will be limited, or not even available.

If you want up-time, or the most enjoyable play experience from a development build I strongly encourage you not to switch your client away from the default branch.

Maybe we should just stay away from the game all together and just let you guys with jobs fix the game.

Strange, I posted that link and it still never clued in  :rolleyes: .  

and who gave you the link ?

You may want to not opt in to experimental branch. This is by its own definition an unstable branch that we use to experiment. It is not somewhere you should go looking to have an enjoyable play experience.

Some times the build will have serious issues, some times the servers will be limited, or not even available.

If you want up-time, or the most enjoyable play experience from a development build I strongly encourage you not to switch your client away from the default branch.

YO Hicks! :P

Thanks for taking part in these forum discussions. Please don't get fed up with flamers and such cause even if they seem to be the loudest, the majority of us understands the way alpha works and we really appreciate any info or clearification you guys can give us.

keep up the good work

regards,

your fanboy robophant :P

Edited by robophant
  • Like 1

Please don't get fed up with flamers

Hardly any flaming in here. Just people voicing their concerns on experimental being unexperimental.

• Like 2

Hardly any flaming in here. Just people voicing their concerns on experimental being unexperimental.

yea you are right... i failed :(

don't feed me to the zeds pls

*runs away crying*

As I said before, this branch is by its own definition "Unstable". It at no point has been "unexperimental" - In simplest terms, the purpose of experimental branch is for the development team to experiment with builds in a larger userbase than our internal QA.

Sometimes that results in us finding issues we cannot catch internally, sometimes that means we can verify fixes on issues with very low repro rates.

The branch exists for load/volume/stress testing. Those who go through the process of manually opting into this branch (its not super visible - by design) and dealing with whatever issues the current build on it may have, get to sometimes see content and systems not quite ready for prime time. However, that does not mean that is the branches purpose.

• Like 8

Well, they fixed a whole buncha servers this morning - and it is the weekend.  YAAAAAY, overtime at Bohemia!  :D

Thanks ever so much, guys.

Z

I'm glad the servers are getting some attention. What I don't understand is the supposed reason they weren't working: connection issues. If that was the case, why were they all down so frequently, for so long, and during their normal work hours as well? If it's as simple as resetting a connection, why did it take so long for somebody to respond to all the complaining? If it were me, I would be hovering over that reset button every 12 hours or so just so I don't have to hear people complain  :P

Edited by Tatanko

I noticed that the issue with meele weapons switching to something else might NOT be related to any specific combination of items but to the serverload... On almost empty servers, every melee action and also every item change goes very smoothly (without lag or delay) whereas it seems on a full server different inputs getting delayed and in a way seem to queuing up until it comes to an unintentional switch of items.

I'm not sure though because i keep crashing a lot but i did try to reproduce this issue shortly after server restarts when most players have not connected yet and everything worked just fine

Edited by robophant

Did anyone found a crash site this patch? Excluding the two static ones ofcourse!

For ppl who are deaf-mute for instance typing is the only way to communicate, so its probably NOT an exaggeration if he calls that a discrimination.

If I am honest I used typing in DayZ Mod a lot and liked it very much. And I am sure that the activated Side/Global Channels were one of the main reasons why Private Hive Servers became so popular and favored besides other advantages like no ghosting/no loot transfer or less duping because of admins monitoring.

I don't see any reasonable cause to limit the direct chat except if it leads to network problems/more lags atm.

I just don't understand this obsession that this game have with mics, people have been using both for way over a decade.. some people use mics, other people use typing.. every game have both options because EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. Now this guys are going to "impose" a rule that no one wants ? Anyone will think that BI just started making games... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Got kicked out of server for using text in direct chat. ''Violation of group chat rules'' Are you fucking kidding me? Now i cant even join back.

LAME.

Bug reports or you have no right to complain.

Typing shouldn't be a problem as it only shows to close range people, just like voice chat, I have no idea personally what causes the group chat message thing but bleh.

Edited by a_ruttle

If it is "just" a game... why give a shit if people use a mic or not ? I don't think i am the one that is "overreacting". :rolleyes:

For ppl who are deaf-mute for instance typing is the only way to communicate, so its probably NOT an exaggeration if he calls that a discrimination.

And if I am honest I used typing in DayZ Mod a lot and liked it very much. And I am sure that the activated Side/Global Channels were one of the main reasons why Private Hive Servers became so popular and favored besides other advantages like no ghosting/no loot transfer or less duping because of admins monitoring.

I don't see any reasonable cause to limit the direct chat except if it leads to network problems/more lags atm.

well, usually i would just say: Hey, it's alpha! And even more, it's experimental!

But in your guyses case, i am not sure...

...aww, what the heck: IT'S ALPHA! IT'S EXPERIMENTAL!

The reasonable cause to limit the direct chat lies in at least one of the upper mentioned statements. Choose wisely!

seriously, did it come to your mind that it might be a bug/work in progress/unintentional error/weekend dabslashness?

just calm down everybody and switch to stable

Edited by robophant

And there's like no working experimental servers running at the moment? > :(

Oh dear, please pay someone to remote acces the servers at weekends and put the servers back up.

EDIT. ok there's the private ones. ;)

Edited by Seitan

seriously, did it come to your mind that it might be a bug/work in progress/unintentional error/weekend dabslashness?

No, cause its going on since a few months and I tell you why it seems like an intentional thing. They raised the limit from firstly 3 warnings to 5 warnings and meanwhile even to 8 warnings till you get kicked.

And what you have said sounds a bit like "if you are for instance deaf-mute please just stay away from experimental". Though I am sure you didn't meant it this way. 

Edited by Sharplooter

No, cause its going on since month and I tell you why it seems like an intentional thing. They raised the limit from firstly 3 warning to 5 warning and meanwhile even to 8 warnings till you get kicked.

mmmkay, never noticed that 'cause I use a mic (which is super tactical because that way nobody can see your name )

Still, who are we to question the way of BI? We are ANTS, thats what we are! AAANTS!

But honestly, I think direct chat is a leftover from old arma and may not fit into rockets dream of a really good dayz experience. Either that, or it has technical reasons of some sort...

Whatever it is, it is the least important thing in this game and not even worth thinking about it.

Edited by robophant
  • Like 1

Anyway.. counted to teen few times, chewed my stress ball... i think i'm ok now...

Going back on topic... it is a bug that bans people if they use the text chat to often.

Are any of the new guns in yet that were listed awhile back such as the new pump shotgun? Been looking but i have not come across anything as of yet.

Keep the personal insults and derailing to a minimum, folks.

Topic cleaned.

By the way:

If you're being kicked for typing in chat it's not got to do with DayZ. This is being caused by BEC, which is responsible for scheduled Server-Messages and -Restarts.

It's a simple misconfiguration of a third-party-program and has literally nothing to do with DayZ.

It's not a bug, it's not a feature. And it will change soon enough. No need to get angry about it - you guys seriously need to think for atleast half a second before posting.

Edited by kichilron
Aunt Edit.
  • Like 2

Keep the personal insults and derailing to a minimum, folks.

Topic cleaned.

By the way:

If you're being kicked for typing in chat it's not got to do with DayZ. This is being caused by BEC, which is responsible for scheduled Server-Messages and -Restarts.

It's a simple misconfiguration of a third-party-program and has literally nothing to do with DayZ.

It's not a bug, it's not a feature. And it will change soon enough. No need to get angry about it - you guys seriously need to think for atleast half a second before posting.

Damn mate... you cleaning always involve hiding about 95% of my post...

If anyone with the powers see this, it would be a good time to fix most of the experimental servers remotley. Their stuck again so none can join them.

Ok back to topic, someone else did note in 0.49 that you sometimes don't get out of breath at all when you run with a main weapon? This is even faster than running with empty arms. Additional it happend yet that I could catch my breath while running with a weapon. That should be a bug and the "lucky" one who get this bug randomly has an advantage while a chase. 

Edited by Sharplooter