haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

I preferred the slow stairs from before. I actually killed a guy the other day in part because of the new stair speed. Because most people in the game run around like impatient teenagers, he was half-way up the stairs before he realized that there was a guy at the top pointing a gun at him...

Probably something that stands between is great.

Before if you were doing the stairs while aiming you were too slow...now going down and up the stairs with weapons off is fast as a nosferatu.

It's really hard to kill a zombie in 0.49 in melee battle with a crossbar or normal axe (not the firefighter axe). That's annoying, but it's okay for me.

But I was chased by a zombie and ran into the firestation in Cernaya Polana. I ran upstairs to the second floor and thought I was safe, but the zombie hit me through the floor. After that I glitched in the floor and was stuck. Two zombie climbed up the ladder to the second floor, hit me while I was stuck in the ground and then I died... nice. :(

stairs @ slow speed are stupid, guy camping top. you got no show except wait. at least now i can storm him and he knows it.

great work. keep it up. 

also. the melee working great. love the swinging sounds of the fists =D feels alive again

Edited by R0B3RTF1SH3R

Well, I did not find it there, some one must have dropped it OR it really did spawn at a Zil Truck in the junkyard at Cernaya Polana.  It was by the right rear tire set.

Did you go check what I was saying? I was not BSing you about almost all vehicles spawning stuff now.  There is one other vehicle type besides the BMP not spawning anything and those are the busted up HMMWV's.  Even the Tanks at Balota Tent City spawn stuff now.

I know the busted LAV at the Zelenogorsk military station spawns stuff, and I actually did start looking at the Pipe in Bed Pickup Trucks, and I found some boots. I know the Humvees don't spawn anything at the moment...but do the red cars with the luggage rack spawn stuff? I can't remember finding anything next to them. Maybe I just don't remember it. 

SNIP

Any Ideas

Listen, I have seen some posts that people are having issues with the new build like you, crashing, they have yet to find a hotfix, so I guess your best bet is to just wait for a while man.

I really hope they wipe experimental when they wipe stable too. Finding all these loot mountains just sucks the joy out of the scavenging part of the game. Everything feels dirty and tainted. :(

To the people having difficulty with melee: For one, you'll probably have more success on low pop servers due to general lag being less of a problem. Secondly, I suspect many people rely almost entirely on the axe for melee. I'd suggest trying a screwdriver or bayonet. The aiming with these weapons is incredibly straight-forward, it's like a punch but with reach and a whole lot more damage (particularly with bayo). With a headshot you will either kill a zombie outright or at the very least put them on the ground and unless there are 3 or 4 around you, that's basically the same thing as dead. Another bonus with the bayonet is that if you have the appropriate combination (with Mosin or SKS) you can "store" them on the weapon meaning it takes up no inventory space.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 1

When it lands I'm going to do my touchdown dance, a little Victor Cruz style salsa and hold up two middle fingers to all the item duping clans and holders of glitched M4 mags. I'm literally going to prance around screaming "F you, F you, F you, LOL @ U!" And then I'm going to log in to a new world where some of the most annoying exploits are finally gone, we'll see a LOT less of clans of 6 dudes totally kitted out identically roaming the lands, it'll actually take WORK to gear up and people will generally be a lot less agressive. I'll never have to run towards Novo and hear 200+ consecutive M4 shots (a clear sign to run the opposite direction so as to not deal with a glitched unlimited M4 mag).

• Like 2

When it lands I'm going to do my touchdown dance, a little Victor Cruz style salsa and hold up two middle fingers to all the item duping clans and holders of glitched M4 mags. I'm literally going to prance around screaming "F you, F you, F you, LOL @ U!" And then I'm going to log in to a new world where some of the most annoying exploits are finally gone, we'll see a LOT less of clans of 6 dudes totally kitted out identically roaming the lands, it'll actually take WORK to gear up and people will generally be a lot less agressive. I'll never have to run towards Novo and hear 200+ consecutive M4 shots (a clear sign to run the opposite direction so as to not deal with a glitched unlimited M4 mag).

I like the optimism but I give it like a week tops before some one figures out a new dupe.

Hopefully it does wipe the infinite ammo mags at least, if it's true that there's no new way to create them and the existing ones are all dupes.  That alone is worth the wipe imo.  It'll still be roving groups of identical kitted out guys though, just with duped "legit" gear instead.

In any case, I am looking forward to a fresh start!  As well as persistence actually working properly hopefully.  I'm pretty skeptical all around though, but it's all a process to work out the kinks.

• Like 1

So duped items bother you, but the new hack that teleports all 40 players as naked bambis does bother you?

My point is, hitting the delete button on our characters will not stop all the professional paid hacks that are ruining the game. They need to stop all hacks, not just delete duped items.

So duped items bother you, but the new hack that teleports all 40 players as naked bambis does bother you?

My point is, hitting the delete button on our characters will not stop all the professional paid hacks that are ruining the game. They need to stop all hacks, not just delete duped items.

Where in his post does he say hacks don't bother him?

This reasoning makes no sense.  So they shouldn't try to fix duping because there's hacks?  They can't do everything at once, why not do what they can when they can?  Are you serious?

• Like 1

I thought it was going to happen yesterday, so got up the firetower in cernaya polana and let every know I was there with my mosin, so come and kill me! It was fun, got me about 7 dudes...one actually managed to get up on the tower with me and punch me while I was sniping another dude...

Just before the servers went down, I committed suicide racked with the guilt of killing all those people...now I find out I could have kept my gear for a week...oh well, time to gear up again!!

Where in his post does he say hacks don't bother him?

This reasoning makes no sense. So they shouldn't try to fix duping because there's hacks? They can't do everything at once, why not do what they can when they can? Are you serious?

Maybe I misunderstood him. But to me he was thrilled that deleting infinite mags will solve all of our problems. I really believe that they will not address any hacks for a long time. They will only delete the hive and current gear. In their defense, the rebuilding of the engine perhaps makes working on current hacks pointless.

But, i think so much money is being made that the demand for dayz hacks will aways cause new ones. Its like dayz game set the tone to hackers that its ok to hack the shit out of dayz since 2012. So even if the final release is harder to hack, the hackers will take it as a challenge. If Only we could punch out all the kids that buy hacks with moms credit cards.

I like the optimism but I give it like a week tops before some one figures out a new dupe.

Today, that I'm aware of, there is only 1 well known exploit that results in a duped avatar and which if killed and looted results in duped items. That I'm aware of, there's not multiple approaches for duping items. So no, that doesn't worry me, it's garbage/weak log out log in code that allowed the item dupe to begin with.

Of course that bothers me (as Bororm indicated). The .49 build and wipe only really help the item duping exploit issue and glitched items/mags. It doesn't address everything, but it's a major step. Just think of how much less agressive people will be without clans to item dupe you back to full kits and without unlimited M4 mags coming out the wazoo... the world will be a better place.

Because devs only ever work on stopping one hack and never, ever work on stopping any others ever. Ever.

Do you even read what you type or do you just vomit the first thing you think and hit submit?

Edited by Grindstone
  • Like 2

Today, that I'm aware of, there is only 1 well known exploit that results in a duped avatar and which if killed and looted results in duped items. That I'm aware of, there's not multiple approaches for duping items. So no, that doesn't worry me, it's garbage/weak log out log in code that allowed the item dupe to begin with.

There's duping involved with persistence as well, and I know my friends and I have unintentionally duped items just switching out gear.  I wouldn't know how to reproduce any of it, but these are the things people figure out.

One of the devs said there are 9 methods being fixed

We maybe are able to remove all 9 duplication techniques by tomorrow.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2f8wwu/when_is_persistent_set_to_hit_stable/ck6zcvx

The one you mention is definitely one of the most common I think, and ridiculous in its simplicity, but there's multiple ways and I'm sure more will pop up.  Again though, at least they're trying and it will help even if only temporarily.  The other thing is that as I mentioned, they've stated the creation process for the infinite ammo mags was fixed, which would presumably mean all the current ones are dupes left over, in which case a wipe will fix that.  Let's hope any ways.

I know the busted LAV at the Zelenogorsk military station spawns stuff, and I actually did start looking at the Pipe in Bed Pickup Trucks, and I found some boots. I know the Humvees don't spawn anything at the moment...but do the red cars with the luggage rack spawn stuff? I can't remember finding anything next to them. Maybe I just don't remember it.

Sometimes they do, just not as often as the others, even the minivans will spawn stuff occasionally, as does the new truck model at sevrograd railway station (found Wellies and a can opener in that one). The LAV you speak of is a BRDM recon vehicle at almost everyone of those I've found an SKS and once a 101. In front of the officer tent at NWAF is a small group of vehicles in concertina, almost no one ever looks there. I always find good stuff there. Edited by Barnabus

Let's hope any ways.

That's what I'm banking on. I'm skeptical at times, but I'm betting my dollar on the eradication of the endless ammo M4 mags. Keeping my fingers crossed!

So the patch will delete items and make the game hack-free heaven for the next 2 hours. Then hackers will get geared again and the cycle starts again?

Because devs only ever work on stopping one hack and never, ever work on stopping any others ever. Ever.

Do you even read what you type or do you just vomit the first thing you think and hit submit?

I like your signature. Made me giggle. Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but zombies bodies now have clipping after you've kill them (for a short while) - suddenly having your movement blocked by a corpse can make combat a little cumbersome when versing more than one zed. Just something to keep in mind.

Im pretty sure before .49 pops up there probably going to add things in experimental first like the fireman gear, MASKA, new back pack and some other stuff i have yet to see on experimental patch before its pushed to stable.

While the benefits of patch .49 are good ( and personally i am loving the patch in experimental ) it does have a few added bugs in it (nothing game breaking but it depends what you call game breaking) Ones i have noticed chem lights not lighting up and sticking in the air when thrown, fire place sets when put down seem to float a little above the ground some of the damaged textures not being visible at first ( log off and on and you see its damaged)

Havent played in 2 days though maybe they have fixed these and others i am sure people have found. I just wouldnt want them to push to stable and get the flood of OH MY GOD its so bugged..