Ryan_OK

Need help with PVP, Good players only!

Ok so I play on this server alot, not doing PVP that much because I help new players, and there is this guy, who is always killing everyone, he's good but before the fight even starts I am taken out of it, they always get me first, today I was picking up a fresh spawn, and the guy logged on and shot my heli down straight away. I need help with PVP, Don't even know where to start, if people want to play on the server they can, message me on this and we can talk, team up with me and kill this bastard please!

You mentioned you have a heli?  I assume this is in DayZ Mod then?

If so, the best recommendation I can give you is simply go and play the base game Arma 2: OA for awhile, maybe the wasteland mod as well.  It's the same combat engine, and you don't get set back an hour every time you die.

I could throw out a bunch of BS tips and tricks, but really when it comes down to it, it's just practice.

PvP in DayZ mod is about situational awareness. This isn't a game where you just run around as fast as you can and see who has the quickest reaction times. It's about patience, it's about understanding the situation you're in, and the most likely things that will happen.

If you want to become better at PvP then you need to go PvP so you can learn the following:

- line of sight

- angle of attack

- judging distances

- weapons and what they can and cannot do

- learn the weapons

- weapon damages

- weapon damages at range

- zombie agro sensitivity

- zombie spawn range

- how zombies move

- how zombies can give you away

- your preferred gear setup