Barney626

Unable to get on any servers, tried everything!

Hi guys, i just bought arma 2 to play dayz yesterday but have been unable to get into any servers. 

I have used everything from Dayzcommander, Dayzlauncher and the CCG client but all have the same result. If i try to join a server regardless of whether it has Epoch/overwatch or not i get into an Arma screen with a list of players and  'multiplayer setup' at the top. The whole screen is very laggy (fps) and it tries to download 'mission files' or 'retrieve data'. this has a progress bar that gets less than half way then stops. I then 'lose connection to the host' or some error which kicks me to the Arma menu.

I have tried disabling UpNp on both my computer and router, disabling antivirus programs and trying different launchers. I have no idea why this happens as my Ping is shown as about 30ish in the launcher and the menu (in arma). Sometimes my entire internet crashes and won't come back up for a few minutes after.

This really sucks as the only reason i got arma 2 was for dayz. I have seen others with slightly similar problems but i never saw solutions. If anyone has ANYTHING that could help i would greatly appreciate it! 

Thanks for any help guys

~Barney626

Try this.

Launch ArmA 2 OA manually.

Enable the desired mod in the expansions menu.

Let the game relaunch.

Find a server with the desired mod in the ArmA server browser.

Join.

Edited by (TMW) Barney

Hi, thanks for the reply. 

I just had a change in behaviour in dayz launcher, instead of lagging out it now does what is shown in this video:

He fixed it by using Dayzlauncher... so that won't work for me as i am having this in dayzlauncher

Is there another fix?

Edited by Barney626

Had similar problem. I had to delete BattleEye and manually update it.

I haven't seen any errors for battleye but i will try. I can only see 32bit windows downloads for battleye is that the right thing? 

Is there a simple video on how to re-install, I'm kinda new to Arma 2...

Edited by Barney626

Anyone else able to help me? Sucks that i bought arma 2 just for the dayz mod and can't even play dayz on it... 

It's hard to see with the poor resolution.

If you see the tanks at the beginning, it's bad. That's mean that dayz mod is not loaded.

It's hard to see with the poor resolution.

If you see the tanks at the beginning, it's bad. That's mean that dayz mod is not loaded.

I do see the tanks, I guess that fits as it says 'ready to play' but when i 'verify files' for the dayz mod it says it needs to download it again. But when i try to do that I'm getting 1 or 2 KB/s  -_- Apart from Anti-virus any idea why i'm getting such an awful Download speed? 

the download speed is fucking annoying ive got the same problem with the speed of the download. and i cant get into the game because commander ses its directory isnt correct for

ARMAOA its fucking bullshit

Don't use dayz commander, it does not work properly with Steam.

Just go to Steam, once you downloaded ArmA2 and ArmA2 OA, then you can download the game "DayZ Mod", it's free on Steam.

You can browse the DayZ mod servers once you launched DayZ Mod, via the common ArmA multiplayer GUI.

• Like 1