skandi007

How did you die the first time?

I just talked to a few friends about how we died the first time in DayZ, i found this conversation quite entertaining.

So i'm wondering, is there anyone on the forums willing to share their experiences about how they died the first time? Was it a bandit? A ladder? Bleeding Out? Or just accidental consumption of rotten food/disinfectant?

Before i wait for people to reply, here's my story:

I spawned on the coast, somewhere near Kamyshovo. Me having no experience in DayZ outside watching some Youtube videos. I first decided to loot some houses for basic food, clothing and maybe a weapon. I didn't find much outside of rotten food, but i did find some canned tuna which i immidiately ate, a few minutes later i found a hoodie, which even though was damaged, it felt like victory for me to find something. I proceeded to go in land and ended up in Staroye, where i found a basic backpack and a fireaxe, and to "show off" my trophy, i decided to go and kill the first zombie i see. But you know, at that point i barely even got used to the controls, so i made it out alive with enough blood in me to fill 3-4 glasses. In a house nearby i found some rags on a dead player, patched myself up, took his can of beans  :beans:  :thumbsup:  and headed to Guglovo.

Meanwhile when i was looting for a gun or something, i saw a group of well-armed players coming from the west, possibly Novy Sobor. My instinct told me i should get out of there as fast as possible, of course, before i even realised; I was sent back to the coast after a swift gunshot blowing my brains out... :o

So... How did you die at first? :D

after about 10 mins of running around as a chubby black guy I killed myself so I could respawn as myself (more or less).  we need more choices by the way.

I spawned north of Berezino (which I didn't know at this point) and went to the opposite direction until I encountered a ship wreck. So I decided to look around. Almost immediately I found a child briefcase and made by way upstairs picking up clothing and eating drinking the things I found. At the top I looked around and then went exploring the ship. What I found was some additional loot - and that the central part of the ship had no hitbox. So I fell to my untimely death.

My first death in standalone came from some clown mask wearing axe swinging maniac, was sorting my gear and this dude starts screaming and hacking away. Was truely funny because we were north of cherno and I fired a mosin shot and it was like the whole city erupted into one giant firefight. Joke was on him though, all I had was some rotten fruit and a few rounds for my mosin. After a short jog back to my body I found him shot in the clown mask, he was loaded with goodies so I robbed him and took my mosin back only to get sniped after taking 2 steps

My first death came from a zombie. I was new to the game right after the game released, didn't read no stinkin' wiki or watch tutorial videos so I jumped in with both feet. I didn't know you could rip off your shirt to bandage so I just died from blood loss in the streets of Cherno like the total newb I was. :D

Edited by haknslash
  • Like 1

Starved. I was not a new player (played the mod since the release), but this was during the first day of the standalone, and it was when can openers were rare as fuck, you couldn't open cans with anything BUT a can opener, and also there was no fresh fruit, nor canned tuna.

• Like 2

I joined a night server. Seeing nothing I blindly looked around for stuff running away from zombies. While fiddling with my fleshlight I was knocked out by a zombie and never woke up again.

• Like 2

I was on top of a construction site just minding my own business and a guy on the ground called out "friendly" .  I yelled back friendly as well and he came up.  He then proceded to chop me with his axe and the whole time we were running around in circles (me bleeding of course) and him swinging his axe at me he kept saying "I just want to be friends".  My first of many deaths in this game.

• Like 2

A friend of mine got me interested in the game, but I’d watched only a minute or two of an LP. We were on Skype and tried to find one another with our fresh spawns. I was somewhere near Dolina, he was way up North (now I think probably Svetlo). After running around in circles, scared as shit of the zeds and in general doing my best to win the Most Clueless Bambi award, we finally establish where we are and decide to meet on the coast. We’d been playing for 1,5 -2 hours by then. I run up somewhere in Nizhnoye or the lumber mill, he’s coming down to me and we know we’re super close now. I lay down in the grass and check up my online map. Alt+tabbing back, my char is punched senseless by a zed. Back then I had a problem switching between weapons, let alone actually strafe-circling and hitting something. So I go down once (unconscious), but after a moment I wake up. My friend sees me already in the distance at this moment. Soon afterwards I go down for the second time, as the offending zed is still near me. But I regain my senses again, just as my friend comes attacking, axe-drawn. Then I go down for the third and last time (still only unconscious, but this time for good), while my friends smashes into the zed. It took us more than 1,5 hours to meet and he was too late to save my sorry ass by less than 20 seconds. With no epi or defi, the only thing for him to do was to open my canned tuna and munch it over my dead body. :)

This made me fall in love with the game. Before that I thought DayZ could as well be called “Lootcraft”. But with my death I realized what a great storytelling potential dwells in this sandbox setting. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I ran around until i starved. There was nothing around. No buildings, no animals, nothing.  It was a very disappointing first impression.

I honestly don't remember. My first death on the Mod was to a hacker, he nuked the server. SA was most likely a zombie or falling off of something.

I was playing SA for 15min when a crazy bandit wearing clown mask appeared from nowhere and stared to chase me through Elektro with a baseball bat...I tried to talk some sense into him but we all know how those kind of situations end <_<

Was playing with my son. We were in a city on the coast, had a moderate amount of gear finally, including guns and some ammo, and had managed to finally meet up on the map. Yay!

We came barreling out of a building and there was a guy waiting for us on the other side of the road, crouched, partially behind cover.

He gunned us both down in the street.

Second time - even more geared up, we were on top of Devil's Castle, crouched, looking at maps and compass, discussing where to go.

We thought we were in a very out-of-the-way place, but were snuck up on, and gunned down again!

Whenever we are together on a server now, one of us always keeps watch.

I died after I got all looted up (or at least I thought so at the time...) I was running up and down the coast, no knowing where what was. 

Thought that everything had been looted, since the two cities I went through had all doors open and all the scraps were already in my mountain backpack.

This guy runs up to me and we have a nice conversation. We run down the tracks when a zombie runs up to us. I get out my axe, and start (trying) to hit it.

He takes out his shotgun and fires once, breaking my leg. I hear him say sorry when he fires again. "You are dead". :D

Ran on the train tracks near Prigorodki in the mod, pressed some random keys and ended up doing a salute stance. Got instantly shot in the head.

About two years ago.

Spawned near Solnichny - chased by Zombies east to the factory area where I fell off a ledge and broke both my legs. Miraculously escaped the zombies and crawled for what felt like hours over to three valleys looking for something I could use to make a splint... ended up doubling back to the coast where three zombies ate me.

• Like 1

My first death came from starvation as I was trying to figure out how to put the battery into my flashlight... not nearly as glamorous as some of you guys' stories xD

KoS while trying to discover a city, dunno which one, I was running around aimlessly