Sign in to follow this  
RSharpie

Death flys

One of the things that made the mod creapy and added to game play was the flys around dead plyers. You either knew thats where you died and some one had been at your corpse or you could watch the copse for collegues comming back. It was a little detail but it added loads of atmosphere.

Just an observation.

Edited by RSharpie
  • Like 4

Yeah I liked the flies. Though in real life I don't think every dead corpse would have flies around it so maybe they could give it like a 70% chance that there will be flies around it. 

Indeed, also it was an instant hearth rate pump! You know there was danger, even worse, you did not knew whether the danger was close or not.

For me it was walking on my tones as soon as I heard the flies.

Now in the standalone, I still get a little paranoid when I see a dead body, but the flies gave way more build up, way more tension, because you could hear them, coming closer and closer, not yet knowing where the body was.

• Like 1

Yeah I liked the flies. Though in real life I don't think every dead corpse would have flies around it so maybe they could give it like a 70% chance that there will be flies around it. 

Well every dead body will get flies after an amount of time, so maybe they could add different amount of flies the longer a player is dead, so players could guess how long the body has been deceased?

It always made me incredibly paranoid when I heard flies, which added an extra dimension to paranoia when in big cities like Berezino or Svet. But I remember camping and the constant sound of flies building around us sort of got into my head.

Alternatively it'd be neat for carrion birds to fly above a corpse after a little bit. You see some birds circling in the distance and you know something's dead over there.

• Like 2

When they some how make dead bodies persitent for say 4 hrs then maybe add the flies after say 2 hrs so you know the body has been there for sometime

We also need that thought feed in the corner to give you messages like "It smells like rotten meat" or "I smell spent gun powder".

Thats a really good idea mate. It would add suspense if the body had the aroma of gun shots, as it hints to possible player population.

I think being able to tell the time of death briefly would also help in figuring out how they died and when to make connections to possible threats in the area.

Good idea, but for now desync is our go-to warning for hostiles!

Since we are talking about what happens to dead bodies, what about zeds eating corpses? (Or pretending with an animation) Would be scary to hear that sound behind the corner in the city

• Like 1