Forrelist

"Loot: Some guns spawn with ammo now " anyone seen this?

Basically, this was in the last stable patch notes.

I was hoping this would solve the issue with many of the current weapons being useless and redundant because they do not spawn with a magazine (mostly pistols and the CR527) Civillian magazine spawns have slightly helped the issue, but not a whole lot. So I was hoping that the above patch note would be more frequent.

In the 20 or so hours I have put in since the last stable update, I have never seen this once. My question, is if anyone actually HAS seen it?

Do the weapons spawn with a magazine, or just a small amount of ammo nearby? is it actually working?

• Like 1

Never seen it happen.

This is unfortunate, though. Much more subtle solutions (i.e. just making certain magazines more common) than shoving them next to their respective weapons to make weapon utilization all the more inconsequential. Hopefully it's just ammunition, and not full magazines. That still sucks, but it's better (as you don't automatically get a fully-functioning weapon with just the ammunition).

Never really had an issue finding ammunition for anything. Only thing people seem to complain about is finding magazines for as-of-yet not balanced weapons.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

Usually when i find a weapon theres some ammo for it around in the same building. But this is not always the case.

Lies. I've not seen it. It'll happen though, it's clearly intended to.

• Like 2

In my opinion, weapons should have a chance of spawning with (empty) magazines, not just piles of ammo. I hope they are talking about mags and not bullets.

Edited by scriptfactory
  • Like 2

Why would you store a weapon next to an empty mag? It doesn't make any sense.

I have not seen it or heard of it happening either, apparently one of the issues is that the system they have to spawn loot right now doesn't allow a weapon to spawn with a magazine in it.

But when that gets hardcoded into the engine blah blah blah the usual.

I just meant the mags shouldn't always be filled. A few years into a post-apocalyptic scenario you would be more likely to find empty mags than filled ones, I guess.

• Like 1

Maybe because the weapon was not stored when it was dropped. You have to remember, that this is a world where a zombie-apocalypse was taking place. Use your imgaination. When you find an AK101 in the hallway of a barracks-building with an empty mag beside it, maybe a soldier was defending the hallway against z's and got overwhelmed because his mag was empty? We have to improvise the lore the devs are failing to convey (because they have more important things to do).

I hope they add all the corpses and body bags from the mod again....

• Like 2

Maybe because this is a game, too, and I personally find it more rewarding/unforgiving to have to find magazine, ammunition, and weapon separately.

Rather than having my M4A1 served up to me with a freshly loaded or unloaded magazine. So I can just immediately and without consequence, go around hosing folks for funsies!

Rarity and consequence are compounded by how many variables are added to the formula.

Ammunition (1) + Magazine (1) + Weapon (1) = Fully-functioning weapon (3).

Ammunition/Magazine (2) + Weapon (1) = Fully-functioning weapon (3).

Fewer steps = less investment of time/effort/risk. People want to talk about the actual processes of the game being streamlined? This is simplified streamlining, definition of.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

I have empty mags next to my guns. The only mags I keep loaded are for my home defense/CCW weapons.

• Like 1

CERTAIN weapons should spawn with magazines, CERTAIN weapons should spawn with filled magazines, and CERTAIN weapons shouldn't ever spawn with ammo or magazines. 

It's not about "realism" (I hate when people use that word or use it to justify things in this game) It's about "Can this player find simultaneously too much power in a single place in a single moment." I think that firearms should be, like...at least 10-20% harder to find anyway. Every time I play a game half the players I see are dressed up like they're on their way to a Blackwater Security Consulting job interview.

The Rags Opinion! 

1) Military Grade Weapons - AKM and AK101 spawns should NOT spawn with magazines in them, not should they spawn with ammunition inside of magazines inside of them. Since AKM's and AK101 rifles spawn in Jeeps, which can be found all over the map, it would be too easy not only to find an automatic rifle, but to find a magazine and 30-75 bullets for them all at once. 

"But Rags, wut abbot mah realizm?" See final paragraph. 

2) Handguns - All handguns should spawn with AT LEAST a magazine inside of them, preferrably with no ammo. Finding a handgun and a matching magazine is very hard to do, and since most of these handguns are of a residential kind, at least having to find the ammunition is a acceptable trade-off between their damage potential and their 

3) Residential Firearms - SKS and Mosin spawns should not come with ammunition inside of them. Ammunition is easy enough to find as it is. CR Carbines should spawn with empty magazines half the time, since by the time you normally find both a magazine for one and the carbine itself, you've found something else better. Which would be...let me see...basically anything else. The Shotgun shouldn't spawn with ammo. Again...shotgun ammo is everywhere. Look between the couch cushions. You'll find, like...eleven. 

4) Axes should not spawn with ammunition. Trust me on this one. 

Basically, what I think it should come down to is that there's this balance that should be maintained between EASE OF ACCESS and POTENTIAL FOR SHIT TO GO DOWN. You should find a HAPPY MEDIUM where finding ammunition and weaponry takes some degree of searching and risk for other players to see you unless you're like...patient. 

This is all my opinion here, and this is all based on how I've seen things spawn and be available as of my time in the .48 Stable state of the game. This opinion may definitely shift as more updates occur in the game. Now add Bears, Bohemia. Big ones. With lasers.

• Like 3

-snip-

I don't agree with some of what you said, and I agree with some that you said.

We need more people like you around these forums. Stay a while. The colored text is a treat.

• Like 1

Found a cr527 in novo police station loaded with mag. Possible that it was dropped, but unlikely. Of course I was killed minutes later.

I was just playing on experimental where I found a sporter chambered with 1 round. Did it spawn with 1 in the chamber or did someone drop? I don't know.

Believe it or not I found a pristine M4 with all of the attachments in a house on the edge of town. I forget if there was a mag in the gun but it didn't matter, as luck would have it I had 30 round C-mag in my backpack! :)

I don't agree with some of what you said, and I agree with some that you said.

We need more people like you around these forums. Stay a while. The colored text is a treat.

iCd4lyj.png?1

• Like 1

Found a cr527 in novo police station loaded with mag. Possible that it was dropped, but unlikely. Of course I was killed minutes later.

Considering how apparently unpopular the CZ527 is with many people, I can see someone having found something they liked better in the police station and just switched.

Considering how apparently unpopular the CZ527 is with many people, I can see someone having found something they liked better in the police station and just switched.

It's unpopular because you have a better chance of finding Jesus Christ's high school football jersey than the carbine, a magazine, and rounds for it.

• Like 2

I've founded some loaded pistols, but it's hard to say if they were dropped or not.

I've found guns with mags spawned basically on top of them, rather than in them which I think is more likely what the patch notes meant.

It's sorta rare but I do believe it's happening.

I found a 1911 in the jail, then I found the mag in another room in the jail, so yeah, guns are spawning near mags now, which is good. Searching for mags is ridiculous.

That was probably me (with the mag, not the killing) ... I sometimes find magazines, keep them and when I find the weapon, I don't want them anymore ... =P

CZ527 will be fine rifle when it can attach scope and mag will spawn in civilian buildings.....and when loot is balanced.