Sign in to follow this  
svisketyggeren

Server restarts

Is there are particular good reason why most servers restart every 2-4 hours?

Asking because I found a server that restarted ever 12 hours...which effectively made the whole suvival aspect of dayz meaningful again. I actually had to look hard for food...and not just carefree reach out my hand and grab a can of beans cos they are everywhere on most servers.

GSP's will automatically restart servers at 4hrs, some at 2hrs(so I've heard). There are no "official" stable servers that go beyond a 4hr restart.

The server you speak of, I suspect is not a server that is connected to the public hive or is in fact legit.

GSP's will automatically restart servers at 4hrs, some at 2hrs(so I've heard). There are no "official" stable servers that go beyond a 4hr restart.

The server you speak of, I suspect is not a server that is connected to the public hive or is in fact legit.

Ah ok...it just said 12 hour restart in the server description. Maybe it was a coincident that food was scarce during my playsession.

Player-owned servers can set restart times, so I've heard. I have never seen a 12h reset server that was actually legit, though. A lot of them are bluffs.

Yes you can set the restarts but they cannot go beyond what the GSP actually sets the automatic restarts for. So if they auto restart at 4hrs, you can set the server to restart at say 3hrs, but an hour later the server will still restart automatically.