Sign in to follow this  
nettles

There Are no Vegetables in DayZ.

Doesn't that make you uncomfortable?

Peppers, zucchinis, tomatoes, kiwis, apples, oranges, and bananas are all fruit.  Beans are legumes and potatoes are tubers.   You've never eaten a vegetable in DayZ.

Edited by nettles
  • Like 1

Didn't bother me so far, tbh. BUT I guess that there will be some new plants when horticulture comes in, probably vegetables, too.

• Like 1

come back to the mod if your missing your veg, theres cans of peas and even corn to be scoffed there!

I did come back to the mod, but it just seemed so cartoony and unrealistic I couldn't handle it anymore. :c

I had 1500 hours on ArmA II just from DayZ mod, and now I can't even bear the thought of playing it. 

strictly speaking, a vegetable is anything that's not basically a swollen ovary.

Potatoes are vegetables, despite their being swollen stems/tubers.

I've also heard some distinguish between fruit and vegetable as being perennials/annuals, but i think that's a bit incorrect, as many annuals also bear 'fruits' (e.g: melons).

But using the above distinction, that should make pumpkins a fruit... this is all rather confusing and blowing my culinary vs botanical knowledge out of the water.

tomayto tomato potayto potao :o

but then you've got wierd shit like the US supreme court mandating all tomatoes to be called veg for tax purposes... strange.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomato#Fruit_or_vegetable.3F

wait... why are we talking about this? 

GIVE ME YOUR BEANS SCUM!

*swings axe wildly*

Edited by q.S Sachiel
  • Like 1

Game needs carrots so I can tempt the Runny Babitts and do away with thin rimmed glasses once and for all !

• Like 1

Peppers, zucchinis, tomatoes, kiwis, apples, oranges, and bananas are all fruit.  Beans are legumes and potatoes are tubers.   You've never eaten a vegetable in DayZ.

No, its just that the word "vegetable" makes no real sense. Its just an arbitray collection of plant parts that can be eaten. For example "fruit" and "vegetable" are not mutually exclusive.

• Like 1

No, its just that the word "vegetable" makes no real sense. Its just an arbitray collection of plant parts that can be eaten. For example "fruit" and "vegetable" are not mutually exclusive.

Sir.  Have you heard the word?

OOOOMUMUMUMAMAMAU MUMUMUMAO MAO

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRWH

bird bird bird the bird is the word i say the

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRWH

oh...

you were talking about jesus :(

Z40cVcS.jpg

edit: strange censor on first line. 

Edited by q.S Sachiel

I've never eaten a vegetable outside of DayZ either, so it doesn't bother me.

I exist entirely on pizza, Monster Munch and Fanta.

• Like 1

Doesn't that make you uncomfortable?

..//..

What were you hoping for ?

witty conjecture.

OOOOMUMUMUMAMAMAU MUMUMUMAO MAO

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRWH

bird bird bird the bird is the word i say the

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRWH

oh...

you were talking about jesus :(

edit: strange censor on first line. 

I'll spare you the Family Guy reference. You seem to get it.

I shot a guy & he became a vegetable. Didn't eat him though.

We need cannibalism.

I shot a guy & he became a vegetable. Didn't eat him though.

We need cannibalism.

Don't forget to peel them.

• Like 1

witty conjecture.

You get witty conjecture from vegetables ?

Where do you live, dude ?

Well DayZ seems lacking in the dairy department as well. Beggers can't be choosers in the apocalypse.... I'm still looking for that last Twinkie.

You get witty conjecture from vegetables ?

Where do you live, dude ?

You weren't specific; you asked what I expected and I took that to mean 'what did you expect from other forum users when you made this topic?'

alternatively, 

Edited by nettles

Well DayZ seems lacking in the dairy department as well. Beggers can't be choosers in the apocalypse.... I'm still looking for that last Twinkie.

There's bagged milk, but it's powder.  You can't drag it into a bottle of water yet, but you should be able to.  Also, you should be able to combine it with peaches to make peaches and cream~

I want to make a nice hotpot or bubble and squeak. I'll check down the supermarket in berinzino tonight on my way home from some murdering.

There's bagged milk, but it's powder.  You can't drag it into a bottle of water yet, but you should be able to.  Also, you should be able to combine it with peaches to make peaches and cream~

Oh yeah, powdered milk! You can eat that stuff! Although come to think of it I've not looted any in quite some time. Hmmm...

You weren't specific; you asked what I expected and I took that to mean 'what did you expect from other forum users when you made this topic?'

An unusually shaped vegetable

( Eggplant Mutant [aubergine] )

"these may attract attention by reason of their amusing appearance, often because they resemble a body part such as the buttocks or genitalia"

I don't get this photo: can someone explain ?

j58fp1.jpg

<< Vegetable: The word vegetable was first recorded in English in the early 15th century from Old French, and was in origin applied to any plant. This is still the sense of the adjective "vegetable" in biological context. The word is taken from Medieval Latin vegetabilis "growing, flourishing" (i.e. of a plant), a semantic change from a Late Latin meaning "to be enlivening, quickening", a derivation of the verb vegetare "enliven", which is derived from vegetus "to be alive, active" (related to vigor), in reference to the process of a plant growing.

In 1767, the meaning of the term "vegetable" was specified to mean "plant cultivated for food, edible herb or root." The year 1955 noted the first use of the shortened, slang term "veggie". As an adjective, the word vegetable is used in scientific and technical contexts with a different and much broader meaning, namely of "related to plants" in general, edible or not - as in vegetable matter, vegetable kingdom, vegetable origin, etc. The meaning of "vegetable" as "plant grown for food" was not established until the 18th century. >>

Edited by pilgrim

That's a good point.

Cows and goats are in the game - we should be able to milk them. Maybe even the pigs? Not the deer, though, or the rabbits. Or the zombies.

And eggs from chickens!

• Like 2

There are plenty of vegetables around the lands of Chernaurus; we just tend to call them "russians"

• Like 1

I'm just saying, we have no vegetables.  Technically.  I'm not trying to disparage the plants we can eat now, but I would like to have some sort of veggies.