Forrelist

What new Rifles would you guys like to see?

For DMR -> M14 as I stated above.

For sniper rifle -> The Dragunov is on it's way.. can't wait.

Just a minor gripe, the SVD is basically a DMR. It's not really accurate to categorize it as a "sniper rifle."

• Like 1

You clearly forgot to tell them, because you know what SVD stands for?

Snayperskaya Vintovka sistem'y Dragunova

Or

Dragunov Sniper rifle system

Edited by foxdie_01

Thats because to the time the SVD was introduced there was no such thing as "Designated Marksman Rifle". Arguably every DMR is a "SVD clone" just like MOBA's are "DotA clones".

• Like 1

Thats because to the time the SVD was introduced there was no such thing as "Designated Marksman Rifle". Arguably every DMR is a "SVD clone" just like MOBA's are "DotA clones".

Pretty much this.

While there were semi-auto sniper rifles prior to the design of the SVD in the late 50s, such as the M1D Garand and Tokarev SVT-40, their usage was in the same role as those rifles of the non-sniper variety. WWII battles were fought from longer ranges, and scoped versions of those rifles were very rare. Then in the 50s, with the adoption of medium caliber assult rifles (AK-47, for example), military commanders around the world started looking at support weapons for close- to medium-range battles. Thus, the SVD was created as a support-class weapon, not as an accurized sniper rifle. The rifle was referred to as a sniper rifle simply because they didn't know what else to call it at the time.

Consider that an SVD is considered in-spec and working up to par if it shoots a 6cm (2.3") group at 200 meters, and the effective range of an SVD is between 400-600 meters, while the effective range of a dedicated sniper rifle like the US Marine Corps M40 is 1000-1400 meters.

I want an anti tank rifle. Like the ww2 ones. So when we can chain up zombies you can line them up and fire a single round through 12 of them.

The anti tank rifle would be rare in game since with one You could shoot barricaded players.

Just a minor gripe, the SVD is basically a DMR. It's not really accurate to categorize it as a "sniper rifle."

The mosin isn't accurate aswell and it's considered the only sniper rifle. M4 should be 100 times more accurate.

The mosin isn't accurate aswell and it's considered the only sniper rifle. M4 should be 100 times more accurate.

He's talking in the real world, the only reason the Mosin is used as the only sniper rifle (for now) is that it's the only weapon with the LRS and thus more capable downrange. Once more dedicated platforms come out, the Mosin will probably be more of a general support rifle, rather than dedicated sniper.

• Like 1

The Mosins accuracy really isn't as bad as people think, if its in good shape and the sights aren't messed up they do just fine. However i agree with the M4 part, it's a tack pusher in real life, it should be one in game. It makes no sense that the AK's are more accurate.

There are weapon suggestion threads out there. But for funsies!

Mk 17

SCAR-with-SEAL-in-Afghanist.jpg

Some kinda' FAL...

fal_para.jpg

Some kinda' G3...

G3-sg1-1.jpg

Some kinda' AR-10...

W6giKOyIMF8-uEevDPkssuCpV95MbD1iKME5iuRN

• Like 2

The Mosins accuracy really isn't as bad as people think, if its in good shape and the sights aren't messed up they do just fine. However i agree with the M4 part, it's a tack pusher in real life, it should be one in game. It makes no sense that the AK's are more accurate.

Technically Mosins are inaccurate but the problem is Mosins are more accurate than most people can shoot them for.

Using real technical data you will all find that Mosins are indeed far less accurate than nearly any new production bolt and semi rifle.

A 5 inch group at 100 yards might mean a hit every time but at 1000 yards it just means alot of potential misses especially with wind being added.

They've said they're holding off the SVD until the central loot economy thing is fully implemented, so they can limit them because "sniper rifles are op" or some shit.  I'm having trouble finding the quote, I'm nearly positive it was Chris Torchia, perhaps it was in his video with sacriel though I thought it was in writing some where.

• Like 1

They've said they're holding off the SVD until the central loot economy thing is fully implemented, so they can limit them because "sniper rifles are op" or some shit.  I'm having trouble finding the quote, I'm nearly positive it was Chris Torchia, perhaps it was in his video with sacriel though I thought it was in writing some where.

This seems to suggest that the SVD would be on the high end of the spectrum of firearms as it should be I can see it being really deadly.

Will be interesting if they also add the m4 and ak 101 to this.

Yeah, it was Torchia.

Yeah, to be frank, I'm not entirely sure the SVD warrants being regulated. Or at least, I think it should be on the low-end of the regulated scale. The only reason that I personally (especially given the fact that the only optic it has available currently is a 4x, and the fact that it has a very humble 10-round magazine) would want it to be regulated, is if its main selling point was that it can use relatively common 7.62x54R.

That and I think there's still a lot of use in the respawning loot system for many items, such as the SVD. Just making these things rarer, but still respawning, would work for the majority of items.

I'd imagine that within the loot management system, they'll be able to tweak the overall numbers of individual weapons/items allowed on the hive at any given time. So you could theoretically have something like 100 SVDs available on the hive at any given time, and only 20 Mk 11s.

This is another assumption that people make with regard to the loot management system. People think that if something's controlled/limited/regulated, it will automatically become hyper-rare. They could have the limit be 1000 or 10 PKMs on the hive. And they can vary the overall availability of different individual items/weapons. It's less about the fact that it's regulated/limited, and more about what numbers they assign to each weapon.

There's also a point in both systems (i.e. hive-managed and respawning loot) whereby you have the same exact likelihood of encountering an item. Doesn't matter if the respawn rate is set at 5% or you've got a 5% chance of coming across a regulated weapon at any given time. You've still got a 5% chance of encountering said weapon.

Sorry for the overly-edited post, but I keep getting ideas. Hopefully, they'll approach loot in a multi-faceted way. So that you've got so-called "regular" loot respawning at civilian locations, some sort of "mid-range" loot respawning at high-value (but fixed) locations like barracks, tents, and police stations... then the dynamically respawning loot at helicopter crashes, and finally the regulated loot which doesn't respawn (which could spawn anywhere they wish as it doesn't have to be location-specific).

In bullet-form

1. Low-end loot

- Respawns

- Spawns at fixed residential buildings

- Hunting rifles, shotguns, etc. (weapons which are viable, but mainly because they're relatively easy to supply)

2. Mid-range loot (this category could also be divided into two, with one set of "police" gear spawning at the more numerous police stations and a set of "military" gear spawning at the more sparse military locations)

- Respawns

- Spawns at fixed high-value buildings like police stations/barracks/jails

- Submachine guns, pistols, semi-automatic shotguns, certain assault rifles, etc.

3. High-end loot

- Respawns

- Spawns at dynamic helicopter crashes

- Certain other assault rifles, certain battle rifles/DMRs, certain bolt-action sniper rifles, etc.

4. Hyper-rare loot

- Regulated

- Spawns at wherever deemed appropriate (could be fixed high-value buildings, could be dynamic events like helicopter crashes, or both)

- GPMGs/LMGs, most other bolt-action sniper rifles, most other battle rifles/DMRs, most unique/party-piece loot, advantageous gear (NVGs, high-magnification optics, etc.)

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 4

Technically Mosins are inaccurate

Mine and my shooting disagree.

Mine and my shooting disagree.

What? Your mosin can overcome desync? Its impossible to shoot moving players since last two patches due to increased desync.

I don't think they'd add the Lee because it uses .303 which is pretty rare now a days in real life.  The K98 I think has been shown in past.

I'd like to see a M14/M1A as a rare spawn (Helis mostly).  There's a few military weapons I'd like to see such as the G36 and it's variants, but I'd mostly like to see more shotguns and rifles.  Possibly even a combo gun which is what the Blazer can be (7.62 and 12g)

ya the british .303 is very rare. when we want to shoot my cousins lee enfield we have to cut down casings and make our own ammunition, because its easier and quicker than trying to locate some thats for sale. as for rifles id like to see added to the game, id really like to see the h&k 416, since its pretty much as good as assault rifles are going to get until someone figures out how to start making rail/coil guns or laser rifles. for civilian rifles, i dont really care which they add because they are not as much fun.

Edited by hellcat420

What? Your mosin can overcome desync? Its impossible to shoot moving players since last two patches due to increased desync.

One of us is confused. He mentioned actual shooting so I was lead to believe he meant the real rifle.

I would like to 2nd the svt 40 and other old mill surp weapons, The svt 40 would fill a nice role for early players and uses the same ammo as the mosen (It would make a good budget svd) and if mouted with a bayonet could funtion as a melee weapon.

I would also like to see the ppsh 41 and the tt-33 pistol, They both share ammo and could be expected to be found in old millitary depo's.

Edited by unmovingtarget

I would like to 2nd the svt 40 and other old mill surp weapons, The svt 40 would fill a nice role for early players and uses the same ammo as the mosen (It would make a good budget svd) and if mouted with a bayonet could funtion as a melee weapon.

I would also like to see the ppsh 41 and the tt-33 pistol, They both share ammo and could be expected to be found in old millitary depo's.

SVT 40 the perfect battle rifle to add. Good mid tier Battle rifle. SVD being the ultra high end/ DMR battle rifle.

• Like 1

Personally, I'm a fan of more civilian guns (bigger variety) like the 303, 308.. maybe a few more modern hunting style rifles... Maybe I'm just all AK'd out this patch ;)

SVT 40 the perfect battle rifle to add. Good mid tier Battle rifle. SVD being the ultra high end/ DMR battle rifle.

While it would, it's too similar to the SKS aesthetically, I'd like the g3 to be added before the SVT-40, or the CETME sporter. 

AN-94 with it's default firing mode being the 2-shot burst. It's essentially a medium to long-range, highly accurate double-tap. This, or it's fictional analogue, was my weapon of love during the entire S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series but really shined in Call of Pripyat.

Edited by Ebrim

AN-94 with it's default firing mode being the 2-shot burst. It's essentially a medium to long-range, highly accurate double-tap. This, or it's fictional analogue, was my weapon of love during the entire S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series but really shined in Call of Pripyat.

Oh yes, good old Stalker and Call of Pripyat.

I finished them both without resorting to using NATO weapons :-).

For a long time I used that custom AK74 from Strelok's hideout.

In Pripyat, I think I used AN-94 for the last quarter of game. 

I so wish Stalker games had coop even if for 2 players. Being able to explore all those blood sucker infested bunkers, desolate villages and all that with buddy, that would be something wondrous!

• Like 2