Forrelist

What new Rifles would you guys like to see?

Hi everyone,

With the recent additions of the CZ527 , AKM and AK101, I think we are making some nice progress into rifle based weapons. I believe Variety is a good thing, and prevents over saturation of one weapon (we see that the AKM has become the new M4, or leet weapon everyone wants), - thus increasing rarity and availablity.

What ones would you like to see in future updates? they don't necessarily need to meet the lore, but that may be for the best if the Devs are paying attention to these forums for ideas. So I'll begin:

Civillian Spawn:

• SMLE No.4 Mk.1 Lee Enfield (Rare, a nod to the DayZ mod 'dinner bell')
  • Mauser K98 ( These were captured in bulk by the end of WWII, The soviet reissues were shipped worldwide and could have ended up in the fictional Chernarus)

Military Spawn:

• SVD (Confirmed)
  • AN-94 (Perhaps issued to Gorka special Forces to make for Rarity?)

Helicopter Spawn:

• M16A4 (US/UN Crash)
  • L85A2 (British/UN Crash) - could have SUSAT attachment
  • AS-VAL (Soviet crash)

Feel free to add more suggestions. :)

Edited by Forrelist
  • Like 1

I would like to see more attachments for the m4's because I love decked out m4's

• Like 1

I would like to see more attachments for the m4's because I love decked out m4's

I hear that. I added M16A4 to the list, because in the mod the version with the ACOG scope was among my favourites to find. I'm not a big fan of Sniper systems, but having an M16 would make me very happy.

I'll be ultra happy if they add L115A3 with bipod, suppresor, burlap wrap, 100m-1km Scope, and of course with paint option.

It would be awesome if they had military plane crashes like an AN-26 loaded with higher end weapons and attachments.

- VKS subsonic 12.7x55 mm suppressed sniper rifle. 

- VHS-2 5.56x45 (made in Croatia)

- AK-12 

- RPG-32 (extra fun when cars are added)

Don't think Lee-Enfields or K-98Ks are very likely, considering the overall limitation on calibers, and .303 and 7.92x57mm aren't used in a whole lot of other guns. AN-94 would be interesting as a crashsite weapon, but 5.45x39mm isn't on board yet, so I don't know whether we could get it.

I'd like an AKMSU, which is a 7.62x39mm AKS-74U, at some point. That, or just the AKS-74U if they ever decide to add 5.45x39mm.

Oh, and an SVT-40 :)

Edited by Chaingunfighter

I don't think they'd add the Lee because it uses .303 which is pretty rare now a days in real life.  The K98 I think has been shown in past.

I'd like to see a M14/M1A as a rare spawn (Helis mostly).  There's a few military weapons I'd like to see such as the G36 and it's variants, but I'd mostly like to see more shotguns and rifles.  Possibly even a combo gun which is what the Blazer can be (7.62 and 12g)

• Like 1

G3

FN FAL

AK-74M

KAR 98k

VEPR

OTs-14 Groza (rare tomahawk throwin' Spetz Natz spawns)

G-36

L85 and Famas would be nice, but all the above are priorities.

M14 with the following attachments available:

Red Dot Sight

Long Range/Sniper Scope

Bipod

Compensator

Muzzle flash Suppressor

Variety of buttstocks

Variety of handguards

Paint camo/black/green

Grass camo

Grenade launchers and tear gas grenades.  Something like an M79 would be perfect.  I can imagine something like this being in the game as well, as a form of crowd control just before everything went to hell.  You could use something like this to clear a building of a group of hostiles or a sniper.  There are already gas masks in the game, this would give them a use as well.  It would also add another dimension to banditry, as they would no doubt favor using these on armed targets.

Also, if you add something like an M79, you can have smoke grenades, something this game could benefit from I think.  Having options like this would be great for when you want to disengage from a firefight, smoke a snipers position so you can move through his field of fire, or to obscure an offensive approach.

I am not a big fan of military weapons, because they change the dynamic drastically. Once you reach a certain point, it becomes standard operating procedure to KOS people for their gear, which in turn makes the people with those weapons also KOS to protect their gear. High end military type weapons, like PKP machine guns or an M24 rifle, are game changers. Everyone wants either a super accurate sniper rifle with a scope that can count how many hairs are in your nose from 500 yards, or a large caliber machine gun with massive barrier penetration and belted rounds.

Low-end civilian weaponry makes the game more interesting. Bolt action guns like the Mosin reduce your rate of fire and make every shot count (for the record, I believe the current Mosin accuracy is ridiculous and very different from the real world...), and the SKS gives you just enough rounds to cause some damage, but also get into trouble. Handguns should be relatively common, and if all you have is a handgun you're more likely to just use it for self defense instead of assaulting a compound.

So, that being said, these are the weapons I would like to see in game...

Lever action rifle in 357/38: Marlin 1894

Pump action shotgun: Remington 870, Mossberg 500

Semi-auto shotgun: not a tactical one, just a run of the mill duck hunting shotgun like a Mossberg 930 or Remington 1100/11-87

Survival over/under shotgun/rifle combo: Baikal MP94, 12 gauge + .223 Remington

Revolver, 22 Magnum, 7-shot: Taurus Tracker

Revolver, 38 special, 5-shot: Smith & Wesson J-frame

Single-shot hunting rifle: Ruger No.1 in 45-70 Government

Blackpowder muzzleloading rifles. This would make for some very interesting combat

Also we need to see more slugs in game for 12-gauge. There is no reason they should be super rare, it's a common hunting choice. I could see adding an accurate military-grade sniper rifle (like an M24, M40) if they reduced the accuracy of the Mosin by a lot, say 3-4 inches at 100 yards. I am not looking forward to the SVD in game, and I've already decided if I see one I'm going to carry it off into the woods and drop it forever.

Finally, the only military weapon I'd want to see added would be an Uzi. Pistol caliber sub-machine guns are vastly under represented in DayZ.

• Like 3

I don't think they'd add the Lee because it uses .303 which is pretty rare now a days in real life.  The K98 I think has been shown in past.

I'd like to see a M14/M1A as a rare spawn (Helis mostly).  There's a few military weapons I'd like to see such as the G36 and it's variants, but I'd mostly like to see more shotguns and rifles.  Possibly even a combo gun which is what the Blazer can be (7.62 and 12g)

How about an Ishapore Enfield? It's a bolt action Enfield in 7.62x51mm.

I am not a big fan of military weapons, because they change the dynamic drastically. Once you reach a certain point, it becomes standard operating procedure to KOS people for their gear, which in turn makes the people with those weapons also KOS to protect their gear. High end military type weapons, like PKP machine guns or an M24 rifle, are game changers. Everyone wants either a super accurate sniper rifle with a scope that can count how many hairs are in your nose from 500 yards, or a large caliber machine gun with massive barrier penetration and belted rounds.

Low-end civilian weaponry makes the game more interesting. Bolt action guns like the Mosin reduce your rate of fire and make every shot count (for the record, I believe the current Mosin accuracy is ridiculous and very different from the real world...), and the SKS gives you just enough rounds to cause some damage, but also get into trouble. Handguns should be relatively common, and if all you have is a handgun you're more likely to just use it for self defense instead of assaulting a compound.

So, that being said, these are the weapons I would like to see in game...

Lever action rifle in 357/38: Marlin 1894

Pump action shotgun: Remington 870, Mossberg 500

Semi-auto shotgun: not a tactical one, just a run of the mill duck hunting shotgun like a Mossberg 930 or Remington 1100/11-87

Survival over/under shotgun/rifle combo: Baikal MP94, 12 gauge + .223 Remington

Revolver, 22 Magnum, 7-shot: Taurus Tracker

Revolver, 38 special, 5-shot: Smith & Wesson J-frame

Single-shot hunting rifle: Ruger No.1 in 45-70 Government

Blackpowder muzzleloading rifles. This would make for some very interesting combat

Also we need to see more slugs in game for 12-gauge. There is no reason they should be super rare, it's a common hunting choice. I could see adding an accurate military-grade sniper rifle (like an M24, M40) if they reduced the accuracy of the Mosin by a lot, say 3-4 inches at 100 yards. I am not looking forward to the SVD in game, and I've already decided if I see one I'm going to carry it off into the woods and drop it forever.

Finally, the only military weapon I'd want to see added would be an Uzi. Pistol caliber sub-machine guns are vastly under represented in DayZ.

Adding a bunch of civilian weapons just means people will seek out and kill others for the best civilian weapon...

I think, currently, there's a pretty good balance of civilian vs military.

We don't currently have any LMG's, no DMR's, and no full fledged sniper rifles. Hence, those are the 3 things I'd like to see.. Keep adding civilian weapons, but don't NOT add military weapons.

For LMG -> I like the Saw.. Fires 5.56, 200 rounds, fast ROF, decent accuracy, capable of mounting a bipod and RDS..

For DMR -> M14 as I stated above.

For sniper rifle -> The Dragunov is on it's way.. can't wait.

Edited by Etherimp

A Winchester Model 70 tropical rifle in .458 Win Mag (Elephant gun) with a 3x to 9x Leupold scope.  :P  

GN14_4_14.jpg

BOOM! You're dead.

Note: I want a tweed Jacket with leather reinforced elbows and a recoil pad as well.

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1

Generally want non military and vintage guns added. Kar98's, hunting and varmint rifles.

But if they're keeping the M4, then adding the M16 as an alternate spawn at crashsites would be good and fulfil the DMR demand with its single/burst restriction.

As mentioned the SVD would also be good, it should be the only way to acquire the PSO-1 too, choosing to then scrap the SVD and equip on a AK would be the users choice.

When they introduce vehicles i'd like to see a non-scoped PTRS added too for balance, but you'd need to be prone to use it. 

The SVD is done as far as I know. Quote from Chris Torchia: "I'm holding SVD until we get a working version of central loot since it would quickly become 'that gun every leet sniper wants'. Peter and I agree that sniper rifles are of the devil and need to be quite rare."

Expect it to make it's way into the game during the next months ;) But it probably will be rare as f**k, which is a good thing.

Do I even what... Search? this is not a suggestion thread like the one you linked. Plus it is just general 'weapons'.

And just look at the amount of replies to this topic. One post from me would just be one post from me.

At this point, a PK chambered in 7.62x51. I'd also like to see the addition of gun mounted grenade launchers and improvised grenades soon.

SCREW RIFLES!

WE NEED SQUIRRELS WITH ROCKET LAUNCHERS!

thumb-funny-animals-with-guns-pictures-2

XD

• Like 2

Split of the 7.62mm ammo into:

• 7.62x54mmR (slightly stronger)
    • AVS-36
    • Mosin
    • PKM
    • Pecheneg
    • SVD
    • SVT-38/40
    • SVU
    • Uk vz .59
    • Winchester Model 1895
  • .308 Winchester (slightly less recoil)
    • Blaze 95*
    • FN FAL
    • FN MAG
    • HK G3
    • Longhorn*
    • M14
    • M24
    • M39
    • MG3

I included more weapons than we will probably get but I wouldn't be sad if we could see them all.

*Might stay 7.62x54mmR as you can easily handwave variants here.

• Like 1