hillshift

Climbing out of larger windows

I think it would enhance the game to add the ability for certain windows to be used as exits from structures. Yes, Ideally on the first floor.

Rationale:

So if I'm stuck in a house surrounded by zombies, a secondary window exit would probably be something I would do if it would give me a chance to escape.  There are certainly plenty of windows that are large enough to escape from as well already in the game. It could be somewhat similar to the fence stepping animation, but of course for a window.  Also, there could be risk of a minor bleed due to glass cutting you.  This would add to the realism, open up more tactical and escape options, and hopefully wouldn't be a huge chore to add to the game.  

Edited by hillshift
  • Like 1

So many parts of me want to say no to this, but I can't deny the fact that it may be a neat way to switch up some hold-up situations.

I think the only way for this to work is to also have a window break with a semi-loud sound to make it an even trade-off for your quick escape.

It doesn't even have to end there, though. Second story windows would also be interesting for escape attempts. Perhaps we could also use rope to create a way down from windows on higher floors.

I think the only way for this to work is to also have a window break with a semi-loud sound to make it an even trade-off for your quick escape.

Or you can just jump through it, but the glass will cause bleeding.

As much as I support it I can only think of how many ways this will fuck over the engine, reversing gravity and turning all firestations into giant human-eating mechas piloted by deer

For what it's worth, you can jump out the window of the small cabin building.

P7TXlLl.jpg

Go in through the front door, take a left into the bedroom, & climb out the big window right above the bed in there.

It's great if you're ever being chased.

Let your pursuers follow you in there, hop out the window & leave them in a "da fuq just happen¿" state of mind  :)

• Like 1