Sign in to follow this  
PythagorasHP

Helicopter crash differences

Hey guys,

Been reading the forums for some time and I keep running into posts where people confuse the variable helicopter crashes that spawn on server restart with the ones that are always in the same spot that spawn with the map. Below you will see the picture of both helicopters and what I know about them so far. Hopefully this will educate some people so that they'd stop confusing the crashes... cause it's pretty annoying.

Variable helicopter crash
Only 3 of these spawn with every server restart

Their spawn locations are random and if you click http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Helicopter_Crash_Sites you can see the possible spawn locations for the crashes.

These crashes are the only spots where the coveted M4s and its accessories can be found (Other than off of hacker/duper dead bodies).

These crashes are also the only location where you can find grenades and flash bangs. (See above)

Other various military gear (IE: Combat knives, ballistic helmets, FNX pistols and mags, etc.) also spawn here.

2014-08-18_00007.jpg

Persistent helicopter crash

There are also only 3 of these crash sites in the map.

They are not variable and will always spawn in the same spot with every server restart.

As of 0.48 stable these sites do not spawn any loot or gear.

2014-08-20_00001.jpg

Hopefully this helped some people.

• Like 5

Thanks for the post, it should help some newbs.

I hope they fix the spawns in the next patch. Been meaning to test that SMERSH vest.

• Like 1

I hope they take off the persistent helicopters. Make it all dynamic. It'll make Dayz more immersive.  It'll also make it so people actually have to go look and find a crash site then knowing where it is and gearing up. Might be why they took the loot off the persistent ones. You never know. 

Once the persistent helicopters start spawning loot, there's going to be mad server hoppers trying to find that SMERSH vest.

... and I'll be waiting in the bushes for them to hop onto my server :3

Found a grenade in the Persistent Helicopter Crash site yesterday.

Wait...  Thats the only spot to find an M4?  Besides hackers and dupers?  What if I go to a crash site, then novod, then get killed by a bambi with a pipe wrench in the tower and he takes my M4?  Im a hacker now?  According to you I would be anyway.  What a poor choice of wording.  Now ill feel bad if I ever find an M4, because ill surely become a hacker.

i found an M4 in a crash site in the NW airfield, if that makes me a hacker, then great, i still have it and found all the stuff to put on it so what? 

I heard you find a SMERSH VEST in these heli crashes that ain't smokin