Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Dubrovka

Different types of "Helicopter chrashsites"

Hi there,

last year i had the idea of different types of "helicopter crashsites". I dont mean different styles of helicopters with military loot, what I suggest are maybe little survivor bases in the woods, where you can find camping stuff or civilian loot. Two tents and a fireplace or something which spawns on different locations after serverrestart. Or some lost relief items dropped by an helicopter. Or, or, or...

So what do you mean, is that an good idea to give some variety to the Heli crashsites?

What types would you wish to see in the game?

• Like 3

I'm not actually against this idea, sounds pretty decent honestly. Campsites, heli crashes and random supply drops do tend to make sense just so long they don't go the direction the mod did in making it a mission deal. Hopefully one day we can occasionally see the crash or drop happen in the moment if we are lucky to be in the right spot as well.  

We have randomly paced police cars.

I like the idea of camps, maybe houses can randomly appear boarded up and torn apart, it could have helpful survival items inside.

Crashed supply trucks, fuel, food, medicine, ammo, random junk.

Random horror scenes, gored up corpses, a roaming horde, phantom traps.

• Like 2

We have randomly paced police cars.

I like the idea of camps, maybe houses can randomly appear boarded up and torn apart, it could have helpful survival items inside.

Crashed supply trucks, fuel, food, medicine, ammo, random junk.

Random horror scenes, gored up corpses, a roaming horde, phantom traps.

Yeah dude thats what I mean! I think it would give the travelling aspect of the game a new direction :)

Thanks for your input.

The policecars are very good beginning. But they are always in citys or near policestations (correct me if I´m wrong).

I like the Idea of random horror scenes alot!

@Redstar for shure I never want to implement missions like in Wasteland or the Mod. Just different types of random spawn scenes, not just helicopters and cars.

Edited by imun

I would really love to se more of those semi-random locations. Crash sites and police cars are a good start.

Different NATO crashes should be possible without impacting gameplay too much as they would still drop the same supply resources (especially ammo and STANAG magazines) but may provide different clothes and weapons - Britsh helicopters would provide Bristh gear, US helicopters would provide US gear etc.

Having other helicopters like Russian ones would be a little more complicated as you would either passively reduce the amount of NATO supplies (5.56mm rounds, .308 Winchester rounds if added) - replacing a NATO helicopter with a Russian one - or increase the overall prevalence of crash site gear - addig additional helicopter crashes.

Some things already existing that could be randomized are:

• crashed UAZ's
  • crashed trucks
  • crashed cars in general
  • wells
  • trees
  • berry bushes

And some buildings could be mixed as well as they share the same exterior design (e.g. the two-storey houses with the double doors at center of the long side).

Good ideas but for me crashing airplanes would be too much. I mean I have a hard time figuring out why the US military crashes their choppers into Chenarus every now and then.

UNLESS, the whole world is infected then that would make sense. On the other hand, theres already a lot of other stuff that doesnt make sense. 

But I really like the randomly boarded houses / barricades and maybe even the camps, like said it would actually make the exploration fun and the useless areas would get some love.

Crashed Airplanes. C-17 crashsites that are enterable. 747 wrecks that become a maze of aircraft parts with hazards like fire.

This would be great!!! But it shouldnt spawn to often, maybe every third serverstart, and there can be loot for repairing helicopters or something other rare..

I would love to see medical vehicle crashes aswell.

I think its safe to assume, with the outbreak, there would be alot of medical response teams driving around and crashing :)

Perhaps a medical chopper, ambulances and other vehicles with low or high amount of medical gear in them.