Sign in to follow this  
umberfive

That's how it should be! Or where it should go to.

So yesterday me and my brother-in-law wanted to go north. On our way there we got through Novy Sobor where everything was okay. Then we came to Stary Sobor and where hell broke loose. We did not shoot yet, but suddenly two zeds came running towards us. With the hit boxes not working properly, it was even hard to fight them off. Then suddenly we were surrounded by five to six zeds. Still not shooting. We had to run into a house, up the stairs into the upper floor where we had to block off the stairs and shoot the swarming zeds. Well, we still live. This is how the game should be, but with hit boxes working. Although the zeds still have a long way, I think they are on the right one. Also, when running into a house, close the door behind you. That should help more. What do you folks think? Are the zeds good, better than ever, annoying or bad?

• Like 1

Closing doors doesnt always help. If you are in military prison building and you have zeds after you, you will have a bad time. Closing doors wont cut it there.

i thougt there was already a topic about zeds..

hmmm cant find it... ok then:

looks like they use the fast respawn to simulate hordes of zeds.

if u shoot them they respawn instant with aggro.

if u axe them they respawn instant without aggro.

thats the key... dont shoot...

sure they can see you to far but its feels great atm. to sneak somewhere in kill the zeds silent and loot the area.

they need more senses, smelling and a noiseaggro system would be great. atm u can shoot behind a zed into the air and he dont react.

i like them.

the new animations are great.

Edited by quantum2k6

I really think its time they started thinking about making doors destructible. Closing a door on zombies is such a cop out IMO. They should be able to break through just like in L4D maybe when they get the new type of barricading in then the doors can be replaced with a model that can be broken.

Still needs a lot more of em aswell for my taste. Also the stealth elements from the mod need to come back....anyone remember crouch walking sideways because it was slightly quieter than going forwards :D

i thougt there was already a topic about zeds..

hmmm cant find it... ok then:

Yeah, you mean the post patch zombie thread. Couldn't find it either.

I just logged into the game after about a month break.  Shot the first zombie I saw, aggroed another or maybe it was newly spawned?  Either way, this continues until I apparently kill them all?  Meh... 1 after another is nothing special.   When they drop the hordes on us, that will be a good day!  Also to note that every single zombie I shot flopped to the ground and continued to slide into me, knocking me back, and then continued on his magical little slip and slide.  I probably shot close to 50 zombies.  Every one on a death slide.  *Drawn out sigh*  The "1 step forward, 2 steps back" approach is working as intended I guess. 

I am not sure what you mean when you mention the hitboxes, other than to say that aiming for the balls gave me pretty consistent headshots.  That gave me the giggles for some reason.  I also noticed red track pants for the first time.  And glow sticks.  Now give me a mirror ball and that zombie rave will happen!  Did I mention that I have the pristine pain killers?

None of my zombies ran through walls though, so that's a plus.  And my fps is stable at 60 with VSync on.

Cheers.