thefinn

Dynamic Reloading of Rifles, Shotgun, Pistols etc..

So you pick up a Mosin and load 5 bullets in, you shoot 1 bullet and need to unload all the bullets before reloading all 5 bullets again.

At any time I should be able to press 'r' and load in a single shot.

Same deal with shotguns, blazes etc..

The speed loaders advantage should be a much shorter reload time of course, but it shouldn't be IMPOSSIBLE to press 'r' to reload without them.

Edited by AussieHunter
  • Like 5

Granted i feel if I shoot 4 out of 5 shots i should just be able to put 4 in from the stack but I don't believe players should have the ability to reload with "R" with out a clip, the whole point of the clip or magazine to be proper is to be the quick reload giving you the ability to simply press "R" other wise you have to dig through your items to find your ammo to load the magazine ... imagine real life if you will ( funny how you have to imagine real life ... kinda weird lol ), I can simply grab a pre loaded mag at any time and quickly get it loaded ( this would represent pressing "R" ) but with out I would have to open my pack or dig through my pocket to find my rounds and load them one by one taking a major increase in load time. DayZ is not much different besides the fact that its a game and the fact that they make you go through your inventory to load as a down side to having no clip .... so as you can gather I feel they shouldn't change this feature because there should always be a down side to not having the items you need to give you something to hunt for, have that feeling of success when you do find it and that dread when you die after because the adventure you took came to an end.

• Like 3

Alpha

Which is why we are here, to make suggestions that may be added into the alpha build. Some people actually contribute to this game, so please take your pointless comments elsewhere.
  • Like 2

Hm, I would like R to be stuck to people that have clips, speedloaders and magazines.

But, I think with every gun we should be able to have a load order and we should have the option of loading one more round, or reload fully.

So I can have custom mixed load orders.

Alpha

This is the suggestion forum, after 369 posts I think you can find some of the rant threads to troll can't you ?

While I do agree that you shouldn't be able to press 'R' to reload (except with speed loaders), I feel like they should eventually fix the animations. The correct amount of ammo being loaded into the gun, the clip/mag actually being in your hand when reloading, etc...

• Like 1

We also shouldn't be ejecting a shell after loading the Mosin, but that's the animation as it is right now. Really, it should be chambered as soon as you close the bolt after loading the internal magazine.

Granted i feel if I shoot 4 out of 5 shots i should just be able to put 4 in from the stack but I don't believe players should have the ability to reload with "R" with out a clip, the whole point of the clip or magazine to be proper is to be the quick reload giving you the ability to simply press "R" other wise you have to dig through your items to find your ammo to load the magazine ... imagine real life if you will ( funny how you have to imagine real life ... kinda weird lol ), I can simply grab a pre loaded mag at any time and quickly get it loaded ( this would represent pressing "R" ) but with out I would have to open my pack or dig through my pocket to find my rounds and load them one by one taking a major increase in load time. DayZ is not much different besides the fact that its a game and the fact that they make you go through your inventory to load as a down side to having no clip .... so as you can gather I feel they shouldn't change this feature because there should always be a down side to not having the items you need to give you something to hunt for, have that feeling of success when you do find it and that dread when you die after because the adventure you took came to an end.

Nothign stoping us from keeping the loose bullets in a pouch for easy acess

Nothign stoping us from keeping the loose bullets in a pouch for easy acess

True keeping rounds in a pouch is something people normally do but still for a hand loaded weapon (none magazine feed for those who don't know) you'd still have to dig in the pouch, grab a hand full of rounds and load them one by one most likely dropping one or two, this itself is like opening your inventory and dragging them to your weapon minus the dropping aspect.

No magazine or round clip = longer reloading time = opening inventory to put rounds in the weapon ... all makes sense besides not being able to feed 3 rounds in a Mosin after 2 were fired which i do feel needs to be fixed.

True keeping rounds in a pouch is something people normally do but still for a hand loaded weapon (none magazine feed for those who don't know) you'd still have to dig in the pouch, grab a hand full of rounds and load them one by one most likely dropping one or two, this itself is like opening your inventory and dragging them to your weapon minus the dropping aspect.

No magazine or round clip = longer reloading time = opening inventory to put rounds in the weapon ... all makes sense besides not being able to feed 3 rounds in a Mosin after 2 were fired which i do feel needs to be fixed.

There should be no reason to open the inventory if the rounds are stored in a vest or pocket slot, haveing the reload be slower im fine with, hell if you dont have a speed loader or striper clip you should only reload one round per reload atempt

There should be no reason to open the inventory if the rounds are stored in a vest or pocket slot, haveing the reload be slower im fine with, hell if you dont have a speed loader or striper clip you should only reload one round per reload atempt

"R" should never be used on anything other then a magazine or clip but thats just my opinion, to me it makes round clips much more sought out and desirable but if you make "R" a quick key reload even at one round per press then those clips arn't really needed as much. 

"R" should never be used on anything other then a magazine or clip but thats just my opinion, to me it makes round clips much more sought out and desirable but if you make "R" a quick key reload even at one round per press then those clips arn't really needed as much. 

This is inconsequent, either R for reloading, be it a magazine or a single bullet, or no R. Yes, clips/mags/speedloaders are used to allow faster reloading. They still are in bags, vests or backpacks just like the bullets. Ppl here want the game to be authentic/realistic, that's all I hear all the time. So let's look at this from a realistic point.

1. You have to open your bag or whatever (go into inventory)

2. Load (drag mags or bullet stag to gun)

3. wait for the animation to finish

(4. close your bag or risk loosing stuff, let's just ignore that)

The question should be why we even can reload mags with R. It's a convenience. We also have a quickslot bar, it's useful - or will be, when it will finally work. There is no difference between reloading a bullet or a mag. The advantages of mags should be handled ingame through reload time.

Reloading could take as long as it does now, if no mags are used just add one bullet. Loading a Mosin would take 5 times as long as it does now without a clip. If the user input works well, the reloading could continue automatically and interrupted with "cancel current action", but that would only be a convenience again. Like reloading with R or the quickslot bar.

Edited by bautschi