Sign in to follow this  
Nario (DayZ)

So I have been searching for weeks for a mag for a 1911. I have been to the airbases on several occasions, large cities and military bases. This has become my holy grail. It gives me the drive to keep roaming the vast areas. So if it does exists and I happen upon one then what? Has my journey come to a close? This makes me think of what it means to have rare items and longevity of this game, which I think is a good thing. So once you can gear up and stay alive so fast you nothing else to do it begins the hunt for these items that you have not come across. Many people have seen and not seen a few things here and there, but for your one coveted item the hunt gets into your blood.

Keep the hunt strong,

Nario  

• Like 2

find em all the time in the construction site in berezino, good place to look man

• Like 4

finding rare loot is one of the main reasons I play. Still on the hunt for an mp5k.

I've had a 1911 + mag at one point but now i stick with the fnx cuz i can add a sight, suppressor and flashlight.

• Like 2

finding rare loot is one of the main reasons I play. Still on the hunt for an mp5k.

I've had a 1911 + mag at one point but now i stick with the fnx cuz i can add a sight, suppressor and flashlight.

That is one tricked out firearm you have there. But I guess Im old school and have an infatuation with the 1911. My perfect build would be the 1911 accompanied with a sawed-off shutgun, you know just in case.

Haven't seen any spawning in the latest build, they were not too crazy to find before.

check the tops and seats of patrol cars.

It really seems like the loot tables somehow are set to spawn a ton of AK mags in lieu of many of the others right now.

You won't find ammo for your 1911 easily.

http://dayzdb.com/map#2.060.059;item=.45ACP%2025%20Rounds

The devs removed the FNX45, mags for it, and reduced the possible .45 ACP spawns. Daym shame.

I keep finding .45 ACP ammo boxes in experimental servers but haven't found any FNX at all. I thought they were only at heli crashes like the M4, grenades, flashbang, combat knives and a few other items only spawning at those heli crashes.

2jal21f.jpg

Edited by Odin Lowe

I recommend finding lots with broken cars and searching the both the cars and the area surrounding them. Remember to check the beds of the pickups.

And hey, it is a 1911 after all, the only true use you have of it is is shooting yourself in the face

I found a 1911, 50 rounds and two minutes later a mag on my second spawn (ever) yestersay...i suppose i was too casual hoping that SA would be different vibes and all. I can clap and point at things after all! Now to my fresh eyes magazines are obviously rarer than I remember so when i found one I thought forturne must be favoring this spawn....

Turns out casually peering into Balota AF from the Kememka main road with a pair of binos as about as good an idea as it was in the mod.

And thats how i lost your precious mag and plenty of ammo to boot. I did have a blast in running through Zeleongorsk though...that mag mico is SO sweet. It made the run tremendously dull ultramarathon from gorka>devils>nwa>vybo>push>sosn>zelno well worth it

Edited by Trizzo

Personally prefer the FNX, but I have a 1911 atm with a single clip - found in a police station.

Also yesterday found one of those "rare as hens teeth" Mosin slider/clip things (What's the correct term for those?) - also in police station.

The 1911 used to spawn in Fire Stations quite regularly, but that might have changed with the last update.

As rare as the magazines may be, the engraved 1911 is not as rare as it used to be any more :)

k9j1h1.jpg

Lol if you want the holy grail then look for the PM 73 RAK :D :D

forget the 1911, real men use the longhorn.

(we then get killed by zombies due to reload times)

• Like 1

Yeah found 2 engraved 1911 but no mags. Longhorn sucks ass big time. Found mp5k but threw it away (didnt have mag, takes lot of space and I found AKM)

But yeah, pistol mags are rarest fucking thing right now

The devs removed the FNX45, mags for it, and reduced the possible .45 ACP spawns. Daym shame.

Are you sure they removed it and didn't move it to crash sites instead? At least I kept mine until some guy shot me and ruined it. Anyway that pistol was too strong compared to the others and deserved some kind of nerf (though I would liked to have its sway increased and its dexterity reduced). So making it rare is probably a right decision.

The Longhorn is great. I use it as a fill in for a scoped Mosin. This way I can carry my SKS and have the Longhorn for ranged shots.

I've put down 2 players at range so far, takes a few hits though.

Yup, the Longhorn is awesome (if you use it for what it was designed to do, i.e., hunt or snipe. It is not a combat weapon and the scope can be used like binocs)

I don't think this is the case. I just found a mag yesterday and I had the gun a few days before that. So I'm holding onto the mag in hopes of finding the gun soon. At the moment I have a 1911 and one loaded mag (thank God!). I like 1911's better but the eight extra shots the FNX45 holds makes it a better choice then the 1911. I also have a .357 Python so I can handle anything that comes my way at the moment (not counting my two assault rifles and my two axes).

It really seems like the loot tables somehow are set to spawn a ton of AK mags in lieu of many of the others right now.

NWAF, I found about 100 of them in the last week and probably 10 75rd drum mags too, as well as multiple AK101 mags and ammo for both.  The 7.62x39 and mags are much more common than the AK101 mags and ammo though, I'd say about a ratio of 10 to 4-ish.  I literally had about 500 rds of 7.62x39 the other day and kept about 2 or 3 30 rd mags and one drum mag, I had a sweet AKM too all pimped out.  All from a few visits to NWAF,  it was crazy.  I've never seen so many mags and ammo, it was ridiculous.

Edited by Finchtastic

The other day I found a 1911 and an engraved 1911 lying next to each other in a construction site. I had actually found a mag earlier that day but had dropped it somewhere.

Personally prefer the FNX, but I have a 1911 atm with a single clip - found in a police station.

Also yesterday found one of those "rare as hens teeth" Mosin slider/clip things (What's the correct term for those?) - also in police station.

Just called a 5rnd clip. I've only found one of these in my entire Dayz career D:

http://dayzdb.com/item/584-5rnd-clip

2014-08-20_00002.jpg

Edited by PythagorasHP