Sign in to follow this  
roger___rutten@live.nl

Add a zombie kill counter?

i there a way you can implement some sort of zombie kill counter? so we can keep track how many zombies we kill in a life span?

also, is there a way the get a kill feed? too see how killed how, and who died (by zombie or suicide). this would also help get rid of frustration when you see 'you are dead' but didn't hear a shot or see anyone. then you can see in the killfeed that you were shot and killed by a player.

reason for these two things,

today i died at NWAF inside a barn where i was scouting the field with 2 of my friends. no one saw anyone or anything, and never heared a shot. and suddenly i was dead. they never saw or encountered a player or even a zombie after that. my guess it was a bug, but you can imagine the frustration.

reason for the zombie kill counter, up to the above described incident i survived for almost a week (24 game hours) and had killed many zombies along the way. but found a few moments where i had nothing to do and my inventory was full with 3 pistols, food and ammo for a month...... i think it would be cool to go on a zombie hunt and try to get as many zombie kills as possible.. would be cool to have the server keep scores.

ideas and comments on this? 

*edit* tried to move to suggestion page.. but can't move this.. so copied it.

Edited by rodgaa
  • Like 2

Forget the zombie kill counter, what we need is a player kill counter:P

N900Nbx.jpg?1

The LAST thing this game needs at any point is for people to have statistics to track how many people they have killed. You think KoS is bad now? Oh, brother, hell hath no fury like a gamer playing for the sake of his precious stats

Think about how much better Battlefield would be if K/D was not tracked at all! Imagine how much more people would play the Objectives! DayZ would be the same way...once you start tracking how many other people you kill (Translation for jerkbags...How many other people you 'pwn') then the amount of killing on sight with no player interaction at all will skyrocket. 

DayZ is NOT about killing other players!

DayZ is an experience, a journey without a destination, a world where every spawn is a new adventure and a thousand strange and heart-pounding things can happen! This isn't Call of Duty, where anybody that isn't you needs a bullet to the bridge of his nose. 

• Like 8

God save us from the stats monsters!!!!

You want kill counters go to a game that has a use for them. I would hate to see that sort of thing in this game and agree fully with Rags on this one.

Yes sometimes it would be nice to know who or what killed you, but, thats part of the game.

• Like 2

N900Nbx.jpg?1

The LAST thing this game needs at any point is for people to have statistics to track how many people they have killed. You think KoS is bad now? Oh, brother, hell hath no fury like a gamer playing for the sake of his precious stats

Think about how much better Battlefield would be if K/D was not tracked at all! Imagine how much more people would play the Objectives! DayZ would be the same way...once you start tracking how many other people you kill (Translation for jerkbags...How many other people you 'pwn') then the amount of killing on sight with no player interaction at all will skyrocket. 

DayZ is an experience, a journey without a destination, a world where every spawn is a new adventure and a thousand strange and heart-pounding things can happen! This isn't Call of Duty, where anybody that isn't you needs a bullet to the bridge of his nose. 

Yeah, your right, I was just kidding:P

I wouldn't mind a zombie kill counter nearly as much as I hate the idea of a player kill counter. What I'd really like to see is just a tally of how long you survived. That should give player stat hunters some positive incentive in line with the game's aim.

Get a pen and some paper (In-game or in real life, makes no difference, even though game is what I was referencing to), then check every confirmed kill. You need to be more creative.

Edited by Sutinen

Get a pen and some paper (In-game or in real life, makes no difference, even though game is what I was referencing to), then check every confirmed kill. You need to be more creative.

Like Sutinen said. Get some paper in-game and a pen then just keep a tally of how many you kill. In the future they'll improve on it, but it works. Hopefully they'll implement a diary of some sort where you can keep track of it yourself. More realistic. Also NO! No counters or anything. It's a realistic survival game. If you die in real life you don't have a log of how you died or know why you died. Your dead...LOL It's frustrating not knowing, but that's what makes Dayz, Dayz. 

i get all your points about not wanting to make this a competative game like bf with k/d rate driven players. but a zombie kill counter looks harmless to all your arguments..

and i also get your argument about it being a realistic game and all. but everyone uses that argument only when it suits them. would you like to buy a new copy of the game when you die? because it's realistic, in real life if you die, you don't respawn.

once again. i get all your arguments, but i still believe a zombie kill counter would't harm your gameplay would it?

i get all your points about not wanting to make this a competative game like bf with k/d rate driven players. but a zombie kill counter looks harmless to all your arguments..

and i also get your argument about it being a realistic game and all. but everyone uses that argument only when it suits them. would you like to buy a new copy of the game when you die? because it's realistic, in real life if you die, you don't respawn.

once again. i get all your arguments, but i still believe a zombie kill counter would't harm your gameplay would it?

It's not about "hurting gameplay". DayZ owes a great deal of it's enjoyability because the things that you do aren't tracked by some computer, telling you how many zombies you killed or how many times you farted in Pustoshka. 

N900Nbx.jpg?1

"DayZ is NOT about killing other players!"

Although i agree that there should not be a player kill counter, DayZ is a survival game therefore when you are playing it you can do what ever you want so if you do want to kill every player you see that is up to you. DayZ is about what ever you want it to be about

Edited by iBattleVet

Why do people want stats? They're just numbers, they mean nothing. You did something a lot of times, that's all you need to know

• Like 1

Why do people want stats? They're just numbers, they mean nothing. You did something a lot of times, that's all you need to know

Its nice to keep track of things