Sign in to follow this  
gaminggrowl

Maunsell seaforts [and others]

Well helleuw, DayZ community!

My name's Jorrit, and i've been playing DayZ SA for a while now. Looking trough forums, talking to other players, got me to the same conclusion as many others on this forum: what about some new, interesting locations/loot sites? The ship north of Berezino is great, and the building in Novo was spot-on too, but most of the new towns use the same repetitive stock-houses. This isn't a bad thing at all, and making custom houses over and over would be impossible, but outside the towns i haven't had many new or fun experiences, climbing into stranded ships etcetera. 

Now, here are some idea's i've been thinking of which could be a good addition to the map. Any suggestions, please leave them here and i'll add them later. 

Please share opinions and idea's below!

Water/ocean structures:

1: The Maunsell seaforts:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maunsell_Forts

669943326_8580f882fc.jpg

Built in WWII by the British, these forts would make for a great militairy lootspawn off the coast. These forts were originally built here to defend against German submarines, 

but soon lost their purpose when the war was over. These forts would make a great addition to the map, as there is a huge ocean which. as of now, is unused (i am aware 

of the future plans as for adding an island to the southern part of the map). Can't believe noone suggested this one before!

1.1: Oil rigs:

Everyone knows what an oil rig is! Industrial loot, sidearm weapons are to be found here.

*Credit goes out to degude

2: Random boats:

dyn002_original_528_396_jpeg_2658049_2f9

Have a couple abandoned, non-controllable boats spawn in on every server restart, at random locations. Similar to heli crash sites, but on water! Loot tables could 

pretty much contain anything!

*Credit goes out to degude

Wasteland structures:

1: Abandoned amusement parks:

tumblr_m9e7ufQkeL1qzhc38o1_500.jpg

Although suggested numerous times on this forum, i just had to include this one. The PVP would be bizarre, and the loot could go from clothing to food, with less

weaponry. *Even though it seems cool, an amusement park wouldn't really fit the Chernarussian countryside, and wouldn't really add all that much to the map itself.

Forest structures:

1: Logging camp

1991583_orig.jpg

Having a couple bigger woodchucker's settlements would be a nice way to fill up the forest withouth actually filling or deleting it. Industrial loot, mostly.

2: Camp sites/log cabins:

Again, a nice way to fill up the forest and empty stretches of nothing, making the forests a more appealing place to visit. The log cabins could spawn some civillian guns, the 

camp sites provide a free bonfire and possibly some food.

*Credit goes out to d.walker43

*Although i have used the 'search forum' function, i haven't had the time to do so extensively, therefore i am not sure this is a unique topic!

Edited by Redv3rse

I like the carusel, but the other thing i a unique "building" which only exists in england (like you said).

For the "unused ocean"; maybe something like an oil rig or floating boats which appear like the helicopters.

Well helleuw, DayZ community!

My name's Jorrit, and i've been playing DayZ SA for a while now. Looking trough forums, talking to other players, got me to the same conclusion as many others on this forum: what about some new, interesting locations/loot sites? The ship north of Berezino is great, and the building in Novo was spot-on too, but most of the new towns use the same repetitive stock-houses. This isn't a bad thing at all, and making custom houses over and over would be impossible, but outside the towns i haven't had many new or fun experiences, climbing into stranded ships etcetera. 

Hi, I like all of your ideas a lot, especially the amusement park one. Also really liked the idea of more islands/forts in the ocean. I thought of another I would like to add to the list. Have campgrounds, they would be good to use up some of the vast wilderness in the game at the moment. They would spawn lots of camping/outdoor equipment, probably some decent axes and such too. Once they implement vehicles, this would be the place to find driveable RV's and motorhomes.

Again, good job on your list, great ideas.

I like the carusel, but the other thing i a unique "building" which only exists in england (like you said).

For the "unused ocean"; maybe something like an oil rig or floating boats which appear like the helicopters.

Oil rigs, added!

Hi, I like all of your ideas a lot, especially the amusement park one. Also really liked the idea of more islands/forts in the ocean. I thought of another I would like to add to the list. Have campgrounds, they would be good to use up some of the vast wilderness in the game at the moment. They would spawn lots of camping/outdoor equipment, probably some decent axes and such too. Once they implement vehicles, this would be the place to find driveable RV's and motorhomes.

Again, good job on your list, great ideas.

I'll make a couple sub-sections, these are good ideas! Thank you guys^^

-,Jor

The only problem with the seafort idea is that they would be of little practical use to a country like Chernarus. During WW2, Chernarus was part of the Soviet Union, and Soviet naval warfare against Germany was fairly limited, and it really only occurred in the far North, not around where Chernarus is likely situated. Likewise, the Soviets didn't focus on naval defense, but rather trying to eliminate German fleets, and forts like this were only purposed in the Western Theatre (and only in a very few specific example).

No doubt it would be cool to see, but there's no real plausible reason for them being there. Oil rigs and derelict ships, on the other hand, are a very good idea.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

The only problem with the seafort idea is that they would be of little practical use to a country like Chernarus. During WW2, Chernarus was part of the Soviet Union, and Soviet naval warfare against Germany was fairly limited, and it really only occurred in the far North, not around where Chernarus is likely situated. Likewise, the Soviets didn't focus on naval defense, but rather trying to eliminate German fleets, and forts like this were only purposed in the Western Theatre (and only in a very few specific example).

No doubt it would be cool to see, but there's no real plausible reason for them being there. Oil rigs and derelict ships, on the other hand, are a very good idea.

I'm not all that into the WWII, but what you're saying makes an awful lot of sense. Even though gameplay > realism for me, and the devs mostly, a huge-ass fort would be hard to explain. 

-,Jor

I'm not all that into the WWII, but what you're saying makes an awful lot of sense. Even though gameplay > realism for me, and the devs mostly, a huge-ass fort would be hard to explain.

-,Jor

I'm the same way, but normally something has to make at least a tad bit of sense for me, or at least be somewhat explainable, but I can't really see why these would ever be built.

They'd still be cool and I'm not opposed to them, at all, but I'd rather the devs spend more time on something more sensible like an oil rig, which could also spawn high valued gear - since you could argue that the military would repurpose them or use the oil.