stielhandgranate

Potental sawed off-able weapon: M79

Snip

The thing is if the Devs implement ArmA mechanics, Grenade rounds will be finicky. 40mm grenades for M203/M320/M79 are low velocity rounds that can be affected by wind and takes practice to master the leaf sights. The mod had 40mm HEDP, but it was rare, you never had more than two lethal rounds. They are a certainty as the models are complete. As far as hand grenades being a high hazard in game, I've yet to see them be used to effect in combat.

Edited by Dale Gribble
  • Like 1

The thing is if the Devs implement ArmA mechanics, Grenade rounds will be finicky. 40mm grenades for M203/M320/M79 are low velocity rounds that can be affected by wind and takes practice to master the leaf sights. The mod had 40mm HEDP, but it was rare, you never had more than two lethal rounds. They are a certainty as the models are complete. As far as hand grenades being a high hazard in game, I've yet to see them be used to effect in combat.

Well, you might be right, and I might just be overreacting, but the one time I get killed by an HE nade I'm going to be incredibly pissed off. :L

And to be fair, most people that use 40mm GLs or GLs in general are way too close for wind and gravity to have too much effect on its velocity.  

Edited by nettles
  • Like 1

There are certain things in the gamefiles, which are not released, and may make it into the game (there's a sawn off Blaze 95, M249-LMG, MG4, I believe. The Ruger 10/22 can equip a LRS, according to the gamefiles somehow)

I came in here mainly to propose a sawed of Blaze, a sawed of Mosin is all fun and giggles, but the 2 bullets from the Blaze would make it really interesting for breaching. That Mosin reloading...

Well, you might be right, and I might just be overreacting, but the one time I get killed by an HE nade I'm going to be incredibly pissed off. :L

And to be fair, most people that use 40mm GLs or GLs in general are way too close for wind and gravity to have too much effect on its velocity.  

Well thats the good part. If you use a 40mm grenade too close it won't detonate. Its a safety feature to prevent harm to the grenadier. It needs something like 12~15 rotations of the grenade in flight to prime. It will take a lot of effort to master a grenade launcher, practice that will turn off the COD crowd.

• Like 1

What I'm implying is that children that play this game will easily get hold of these GLs and spray grenades (Woah maybe I need to slow down and explain that is hyperbole, lest you take me seriously) all over the map like we're playing CoD or BF.  Especially if they're as common as any other attachment for any other gun. Which they will likely be.

If you had a grenade launcher then you would obviously use it and it will likely be helo crashsite only so i wouldn't worry to much.

If you had a grenade launcher then you would obviously use it and it will likely be helo crashsite only so i wouldn't worry to much.

I might use a GL attachment if tear gas was a common enough round to find so I could keep 2 in my bag for special occasions.  I have no problem finding rare items at heli crashes, which spawn in pretty consistent areas (so far I've been finding 2 or 3 at a time in the heartlands).

I might use a GL attachment if tear gas was a common enough round to find so I could keep 2 in my bag for special occasions.  I have no problem finding rare items at heli crashes, which spawn in pretty consistent areas (so far I've been finding 2 or 3 at a time in the heartlands).

i'd keep a HE round for vehicles or fighters behind cover.

Hope they are done properly.

Best Grenade launcher I have ever seen in a game was Arma 2 ACE mod.

Ace had sharpnel shoot out of the grenades and explosions in the game sometimes a 40mm would land 30 feet away and still injure a player after the sharpnel shot out and hit him sometimes it would land 4 feet away and I would come out unscathed since nothing hit me.

The explosion effect was also subdued and realistic.

ElementaryMilkyAmazondolphin.gif

• Like 1

Hope they are done properly.

Best Grenade launcher I have ever seen in a game was Arma 2 ACE mod.

Ace had sharpnel shoot out of the grenades and explosions in the game sometimes a 40mm would land 30 feet away and still injure a player after the sharpnel shot out and hit him sometimes it would land 4 feet away and I would come out unscathed since nothing hit me.

The explosion effect was also subdued and realistic.

props on the high quality gif.  I hope explosions are realistic in the shrapnel respect instead of it being an even sphere of effect,

props on the high quality gif.  I hope explosions are realistic in the shrapnel respect instead of it being an even sphere of effect,

Usually emulating real sharpnel is a costly thing performance wise but Dayz is different .

Unlike arma there will rarely if ever be a situation where tons of explosions are going on in the games world so Dayz has a chance to accurately try to simulate explosions and their deadly sharpnel.

• Like 1

NOOB TUBE!!!

We really don't need a grenade launcher from America now. RPG's would be cool though.

Edited by Jhunt7507

NOOB TUBE!!!

We really don't need a grenade launcher from America now. RPG's would be cool though.

I would love RPG-7s, but M203s are confirmed and they both utilize the same ammunition. The M79 has the advantage that it can be sawed off like the Mosin Nagant and double barrel shotgun.

Hmmm... dunno about this one... but in all honesty I dont think I would mind seeing this.. but imagine how much it would spawn with all the screwed up spawn rates... it would be such a shit fight so I think ill just say NAY...leave something like this for later down the line

Hmmm... dunno about this one... but in all honesty I dont think I would mind seeing this.. but imagine how much it would spawn with all the screwed up spawn rates... it would be such a shit fight so I think ill just say NAY...leave something like this for later down the line

I think it's safe to say that nothing like this would be implemented now... hell, why do you think there are M203 and GP-25 models in the files that aren't being used yet? Partially because they are attachment-based weapons, but mainly because loot centralization doesn't exist, and we have wild spawn rates.

Plus; it's a grenade launcher, and only certain buildings seem to be affected by the largely increased spawn rates, so you wouldn't exactly be seeing them everywhere (assuming they were heli crashsite spawns.)

I would love RPG-7s, but M203s are confirmed and they both utilize the same ammunition. The M79 has the advantage that it can be sawed off like the Mosin Nagant and double barrel shotgun.

Sawing off the M79 would be a lot less practical than the IZH-43 or even Mosin, because a regular M79 should be able to fit in your backpack anyway.

Granted, you would take up a much smaller degree of space, but it's not like the M79 is some CQB weapon, and you'd suffer with incredibly reduced aiming, accuracy, and increased recoil, but I guess it is a possibility. However, yeah, the M79 is more practical than the RPG-7 to implement on a development perspective because they both use the same 40mm rounds.

NOOB TUBE!!!

RPG-7s and M79s are two completely different kinds of weapons; there's no reason why we can't have both.

I would think that a more suitable choice for a grenade launcher in DayZ would be this:

RGM_Kastet.jpg

A standalone version of the GP series Grenade Launchers commonly seen on AK pattern rifles. I could see it spawning in police and military Zones although you'd only find explosives ammunition in Miltary areas

I would think that a more suitable choice for a grenade launcher in DayZ would be this:

A standalone version of the GP series Grenade Launchers commonly seen on AK pattern rifles. I could see it spawning in police and military Zones although you'd only find explosives ammunition in Miltary areas

The RGM-40 is only really used by the Russian Ministry of Interior Defense. M79s are used far more often in Europe.

Granted, I see no reason why we can't have both... one as a heli crashsite spawn and the other as a police/military building spawn, but whatever.

Oh, and this can't be sawed off.

I don't understand why people are pretending that the devs haven't already released the in-game models for not one, but two grenade launchers for standalone. It is a matter of time before they are in game. There were grenade launchers in the mod and they were hardly game-breaking. Also the M79 hasn't been completely withdrawn from US military service. The imgae in OP is from a book about the Bin Laden raid.

Also they are very good for lake fishing and easy to hide if you are a poacher

but noisy

Also they are very good for lake fishing and easy to hide if you are a poacher

but noisy

You'd be surprised how bad an actual grenade launcher would perform... 40mm HEDP isn't too powerful compared to many other explosives. and add that to the fact that it's detonating in the water, you'll have a surprisingly weak explosion. Granted, it'll still kill all of the fish for quite a few feet, but 40mm rounds only detonate after traveling a certain distance, so you'd have to actively know where the fish were and be able to make an accurate enough shot to hit the group.

It'd be fairly pointless, and definitely a waste of an HE grenade for how rare they (probably) will be.

There's also buckshot shells and .22 adapters for these...

Dunno if the engine would allow it, the same thing happened with the Blaze Double Rifle, it can use a different ammo type in each barrel but since the engine wont allow that it just uses one.

Dunno if the engine would allow it, the same thing happened with the Blaze Double Rifle, it can use a different ammo type in each barrel but since the engine wont allow that it just uses one.

.22 could act like a shotgun with not so much spread.

Could also have different firing point for each .22 like I'm assuming double barrel shotgun and blaze do.

You'd be surprised how bad an actual grenade launcher would perform... 40mm HEDP isn't too powerful compared to many other explosives. and add that to the fact that it's detonating in the water, you'll have a surprisingly weak explosion. Granted, it'll still kill all of the fish for quite a few feet, but 40mm rounds only detonate after traveling a certain distance, so you'd have to actively know where the fish were and be able to make an accurate enough shot to hit the group.

It'd be fairly pointless, and definitely a waste of an HE grenade for how rare they (probably) will be.

Yes. Guess you're right - so its back to old fashioned grenade fishing. Would be nice if you could lob a grenade into a lake, harbor, or river and have five or seven dead fish float to the top; would be worth the grenade.

But this will not happen in DayZ - "dynamite fishing" is very severely frowned on by authorities everywhere as a terribly serious bad antisocial criminal behavior, so it can't be included in DayZ even if players wanted it. You can't encourage that kind of selfish practical activity in a game.

Shooting folk with automatic military weapons is OK though, so things even out.

Edited by pilgrim