Sign in to follow this  
d.walker43

The most important meal of the day! (dayz suggestion)

Hi guys, I found some powdered milk and then some cereal and realized something. Why cant we add water to the powdered milk, (like the in-game description says) and then add the milk to cereal? these items are both somewhat uncommon, so it would be fun to try to collect the items to make cereal. Maybe even other foods to eventually, such as collecting the ingredients for smores over the fire. Or some biscuits and gravy in the morning. The possibilities are endless. It would add another thing for people to do, you could sit around the fire with your friends eating cereal or other foods you cooked/made. Kind of a pointless idea, but it would be fun if it were implemented later. start with cereal, add more stuff later. Thanks for reading!

post-211615-0-23604400-1408243599_thumb.

post-211615-0-25115900-1408243613_thumb.

• Like 8

I'd like a large helping of Murder-Os before setting out.

• Like 4

I'd like to see more of this 'dynamism' for foods.  Adding water to milk to hydrate you rather than energize you with the dry stuff, and of course making cereal is a good idea.  (Would we need a bowl too?)  Or even simple stuff like heating up your spaghetti or beans and it gives you more energy or something.  Since fruit is a pretty shitty food source, it would be cool to slice up some bananas and apples, throw in some peaches and make a fruit salad that is actually worth eating, energy wise.

I'd like to see more of this 'dynamism' for foods.  Adding water to milk to hydrate you rather than energize you with the dry stuff, and of course making cereal is a good idea.  (Would we need a bowl too?)  Or even simple stuff like heating up your spaghetti or beans and it gives you more energy or something.  Since fruit is a pretty shitty food source, it would be cool to slice up some bananas and apples, throw in some peaches and make a fruit salad that is actually worth eating, energy wise.

No need for a bowl, just use the bag the cereal comes in or use the cooking pot.  I always did like the idea of chopping up my potatoes adding some zucchini and venison to a frying pan and seeing what comes out.  With a side of beans and peaches for dessert, naturally. 

We need vacuum packed crackers/hardtack also so we can mix that with the peaches and powdered milk for field expediant peach cobbler.  

If there are Chickens in game then where are the eggs?  That means we need canned corned beef hash too.

Edited by Barnabus

It would be nice if they started something like this, rather than just find food, eat it. combining foods like vegetables and meat, to make a proper lunch that will fill you, but also keep you busy getting ingredients.

It would be nice if they started something like this, rather than just find food, eat it. combining foods like vegetables and meat, to make a proper lunch that will fill you, but also keep you busy getting ingredients.

Wouldn't that make the game even less appealing to new players? It was hard enough to find food and drinks in the first place when we all started on this, let alone having to know every recipe for specific foods!

-,Jor

Wouldn't that make the game even less appealing to new players? It was hard enough to find food and drinks in the first place when we all started on this, let alone having to know every recipe for specific foods!

-,Jor

You could still eat the ingredients (which at the moment, fruits/veggies besides zucchini are a waste a time), but creating a meal would provide a far superior energy gain.

• Like 1

-,Jor

It is a post apocalyptic setting, finding food should be hard. I have been playing this game since january, never really had problems finding food as long as you move away from the coast. Especially now, food is way too easy to come by.

It is a post apocalyptic setting, finding food should be hard. I have been playing this game since january, never really had problems finding food as long as you move away from the coast. Especially now, food is way too easy to come by.

I'm sure this will be changed as we near the final product.  No reason to have testers constantly dying of starvation and dehydration when we are more valuable alive.

I'm sure this will be changed as we near the final product.  No reason to have testers constantly dying of starvation and dehydration when we are more valuable alive.

Then they better remove pvp haha. I havent died from starvation or dehydration yet.

You could still eat the ingredients (which at the moment, fruits/veggies besides zucchini are a waste a time), but creating a meal would provide a far superior energy gain.

I see where you're coming from now, i misunderstood :P

Not even at the first few spawns? 

-,Jor

what i find more than a little silly is you cant cook a potato ... really ? you can put meat in a pot , but no tatos ? how about carrots ? onions ? how am i supposed to make a proper hunters stew ? B)

I see where you're coming from now, i misunderstood :P

Not even at the first few spawns? 

-,Jor

Well i started playing mid january, not sure what it was like before that, but never died or came close to dying from food or starvation because i always moved inland away from coast