Sign in to follow this  
MrMikeAZ (DayZ)

Cannot walk diagonally

Hello,

I have a movement issue. It's extremely annoying personally and makes combat/sneaking very inconvienent. First off. I want to say that I have custom keys setup. Instead of WASD, I use ESDF. I have rebound most all keys I have.

My issue is when I walk slowly(shift=walk + esdf=forward, left, back, right) on a foward and right diagonal(Shift + E +F), I only walk forward or right. It will not go on the diagonal. Doing this on the left side works properly. In fact, I can regular move as well as fast run move in both diagonal directions(forward + Left or forward + right) with no issue. It is only walking where I cannot move diagonally to the upper right. This issue persists whether I am standing, crouching or crawling if I am using the shift key.

Now, what I find odd, is if I am walking forward(e), and I hit the right key(f) I still move forward, but not right. Now if I keep holding the right(f) key and let go of the forward key(e) I will start moving right. And if I hit the forward key now, I still only move right, but once again, if I keep holding forward, and let go of the right key, I move forward.

I have reviewed all of my key combos and nothing is conflicting with that I can see. I have died and respawned a quite a few times also thinking it was an old char on new patch conflict, no luck. This started about 2 patches ago and I was hoping the last patch would fix it, but it did not.

what makes it worse, is uninstalling and reinstalling did not resolve this.

Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by MrMikeAZ