Sebastian211

Fix the zombies seriously!

So i'm really getting annoyed at this game by mostly one single thing which is how zombies are after the update. I have died numerous of times by zombies isn't it bad enough that we have to deal with bandits on every server. Lets get started with them First - Speed : The zombies speed has increased by ALOT, and because of this you can barley out run them anymore and they will not stop running either so lets say your geared up and you have a M4 but no ammo this little zombie see's you from 3 miles away and starts running towards you it finally catches  you and hits you and you start bleeding you can bandage yourself but the zombie still stays on you, and so you go into a two story building and what do you know zombies can now go up stairs! What happens? Well your stuck bandaging yourself the zombie comes in and kills you BOOM maybe about 1-3 hours wasted because of one little zombie.  >:(

Second - Vision : Well like I said in my little story above ^^ they could see you from FAR distances and its unbelievable takes away the fun from the game.

Third - Strength : This has been a big deal for me mostly because some times I have gone knocked out by zombies with one hit, (SOMETIMES) but usually I bleed like crazy or all my stuff gets ruined. 

That's basically all the things that have ruined my experience with this game also with this I have been bored of playing it so i wont be playing this until they fix this game.  <_<

post-161494-0-92452000-1408133497_thumb.

Nice first ever rage post.

In before graveyard.

All known, all sucky issues.

"Alpher"

• Like 1

The zombies in a zombie game ruined your experience? Perhaps you are here for the wrong reasons. I for one am glad the zombies are a threat.  They are a bit glitchy, but you fail to mention all of those (hitboxes, still some nav issues, etc) anyways.  Why don't you try killing them before bandaging, or locking them into a room?

• Like 2

I would like zombies  sight to be based on movement speed and lighting, if you are walking/crouching they should have to be within 5-10 feet of you.

I also would like about 100x more zombies in the more popular towns, because right now in the SA I love it how a single gunshot brings every one of those mothertruckingpeepeesuckers to the shooter.

• Like 2

either way the devs are kind of screwed. If they make zeds pushovers then people complain. If they make them deadly then people complain.

In my opinion, Zeds should be a serious and deadly threat. So what if you lost 3 hours of work because a zed killed you? It's the point of the game! Imagine if Aliens: Isolation got turned back by Beta testers, saying: Sorry man, the Alien is just too freaking strong! Maybe if you made it so it runs slower then the player...

Or if the developers of SCP Control Breach were to make SCPs slower and less aggressive. It would ruin the scary atmosphere completely (going off topic, SCP Containment Breach is a great Indy free to play survival horror game. Lots of bugs if you are on certain systems, but then again we all play DayZ).

the Zeds are supposed to be hard. If they weren't then it wouldn't make sense as a zombie game. Your safest bet is to avoid zeds all together, which isn't too hard as long as you're lucky enough to see them from behind. Plus keep in mind that certain features which will allow you to fight zeds better haven't been implemented yet. When we have barricading, climbing, vehicles, makeshift weapons etc. fighting zeds will still be hard (I hope) but will allow us to learn to survive better in what will (hopefully) be a great game.

• Like 3

The zombies in a zombie game ruined your experience? Perhaps you are here for the wrong reasons. I for one am glad the zombies are a threat.  They are a bit glitchy, but you fail to mention all of those (hitboxes, still some nav issues, etc) anyways.  Why don't you try killing them before bandaging, or locking them into a room?

There is being a threat (Which i also do like) and simply being broke which they are atm. They still can run through some walls and doors, they spawn with aggro on you if you are killing them with anything, they hit you when they are dead and they hit you when they are not even near you.

The threat from zombies has been ramped up artificially to the game's detriment, in my opinion. A single zombie shouldn't be able to ruin all of my gear in one hit. The issue is compounded by how glitchy they are in general and by the "haha, you can't use your weapon now" bug. It's frustrating, but it's also alpha. I'm glad to see the OP, while maybe a little whiney, is wisely choosing to stop playing the game until these issues are fixed. That's what I'm doing for now. I was hoping that the recent update would have fixed the "in 'rare' cases players are unable to attack" bug, but (unless I'm mistaken) they haven't, so I'll be waiting another few days.

So i'm really getting annoyed at this game by mostly one single thing which is how zombies are after the update. I have died numerous of times by zombies isn't it bad enough that we have to deal with bandits on every server. Lets get started with them First - Speed : The zombies speed has increased by ALOT, and because of this you can barley out run them anymore and they will not stop running either so lets say your geared up and you have a M4 but no ammo this little zombie see's you from 3 miles away and starts running towards you it finally catches  you and hits you and you start bleeding you can bandage yourself but the zombie still stays on you, and so you go into a two story building and what do you know zombies can now go up stairs! What happens? Well your stuck bandaging yourself the zombie comes in and kills you BOOM maybe about 1-3 hours wasted because of one little zombie.  > :(

Second - Vision : Well like I said in my little story above ^^ they could see you from FAR distances and its unbelievable takes away the fun from the game.

Third - Strength : This has been a big deal for me mostly because some times I have gone knocked out by zombies with one hit, (SOMETIMES) but usually I bleed like crazy or all my stuff gets ruined. 

That's basically all the things that have ruined my experience with this game also with this I have been bored of playing it so i wont be playing this until they fix this game.  <_<

First of all, I'm really glad that you can't run away from zombies, because otherwise the game would be pointless and we could re-name it into "run away from zombies"!

In my opinion you just don't know how to play the game, sorry. You kill the zombie FIRST, then you bandage yourself. After some time you should have learned how to kill a zombie with a close combat weapon (or even with your bare hands), then you can survive without ammo. What you did is like pumping air into a tire that has a hole... fix the hole then you can pump air into it, seems logical right?

BTW, with the new update you can hide in a house and close the door or trap a zombie inside a house, so you don't even need to fight it anymore.

I would like zombies  sight to be based on movement speed and lighting, if you are walking/crouching they should have to be within 5-10 feet of you.

I also would like about 100x more zombies in the more popular towns, because right now in the SA I love it how a single gunshot brings every one of those mothertruckingpeepeesuckers to the shooter.

I must disagree with you here.  5-10 feet?  How "dumb" do you want the zombies to be?  But you want 100x more so it's O.K. because they won't aggro to you unless you literally bump into them.  

At ~100m I think they should notice you if you are upright(~25-50m if crouching) and begin walking towards you, maybe a light jog.  At ~50m, maybe then they smell you or their zombie senses start tingling and they realize you aren't part of their crew.  Now they're running at your blood-filled meatbag.  Shrieks break out and the rest of the posse is alerted that dinner is near.  And yes, I also would like 100x more of them, but would settle for 50x.

Anywho...

either way the devs are kind of screwed. If they make zeds pushovers then people complain. If they make them deadly then people complain.

Theres an easy fix for this tbh.

Do what ever the f*** they want with the game, give us they're vision of what DayZ is and stop catering to the masses.

To many good games have gone down the drain because they try to please the crowd.

Let BI do what they want to do, f*** people's opinion and buy the game if you want to :) Easy....

Theres plenty of other zombie survival games out there, who will go down the drain eventually, because they try to please everybody.

I really wish more companies would have balls and create a product they want to play, and not a product that will make as many people "happy" as possible, because its an illusion.

Yes its all about the money, and that makes it even more sick tbh.

• Like 1

I agree with the OP.  Right now, the biggest issue with zombies is that once you kill one, it immediately respawns and somehow is able to retrack you again, like a Terminator.  It doesn't make much sense being attacked by the same identical zombie again and again.  And the fact that they can spot you miles away doesn't help.

I've opened a bugreport/feature suggestion for this, feel free to vote it up or down: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=15499

thought the speed was to fast before... it isnt just take your time and dont shoot too much and it is fine.

thought they were too strong before... they are not. if they were not so glitchy they would not always hit you. not to mention if they added zombie infection one hit would kill you not just make you bleed.

i think all they really need to do with the zombies is fix the glitches. stop them from walking through doors (crawlers). make it so they actually have to be close enough to hit you to hit you. and make it so after they die they dont get one last hit in. also it would be nice if they all fell down when u killed them. the ones that keep moving are really a hassle.

i think any other issues i have had are from my computer lagging so thats my problem.

a timer on zombie respawn might be a good idea aswell. instead of respawning right after kill maybe 2 mins instead. that would give you enough time to move on so you are not killing the same zombie multiple times. if you are staying put then its your own fault

You guys should do some more searching and reading. Rocket has already said that the zombies are incomplete until:

A. Navmesh is completed.

B. Server Optimization/64 bit servers.

C. AI.

D. Collision Detection.

E. Zombie animations is completed.

Which they are working on. Also Rocket has also in one of his interviews said that they are working on a new AI and re-spawning system. In which he said if you clear an area or a town the zombies would stop spawning in that area and instead spawn around and outside the area you cleared. He didn't go into details on the mechanics or how they are going to do it. But I believe once they have it implemented it'll be great. Again like everyone has said, please stop complaining because it is Alpha. Instead of complaining, report it and give constructive criticism. Be patient and you will see it fixed. Patience is a virtue. :)

• Like 2

A never ending zombie hoard enveloped me last night.

No running, no Rambo, no hope.

I smiled when I died.

"There'sa data wipe a'comin'. I can feel it in my BONES."

I don't think zombie damage should be nerfed but I do think the damage to the gear should be nerfed since in reality they are dead so they shouldn't be able to destroy your gear so easily.

otherwise so far this game is great regardless of the glitchyness.

Edited by trankin

Old post but sure doesn't matter, the zombies are shockingly over powered. They seem to have telescopes for eyes when considering they are dead so their eyes would be mush...shouldn't be able to see you miles away. 

They can still run through walls, hit you when your in the middle of a building with all the doors locked. I have yet to be able to kill them with anything other than an axe or gun, the speed of them again is over the top. They aren't professional sprinters so ive no idea how they can keep up with an alive person running at full speed constantly, there has to be something done.

And another amazing thing (sarcastic) they can now breath underwater which can be seen from the pic I attached, I said ill lose them by swimming around the corner but not a chance.

I really want to love this game but its a very long way away from a finished product.

post-189185-0-26487800-1415295831_thumb.

post-189185-0-17987900-1415295834_thumb.

OP......

MELEE WEAPONS MAN! :)

Anyways as im sure has been said, the zombies are a WIP they will probs get better then worse then better then worse for a long time to come. They aren't at the stage of development yet for polishing things up (increasing zombie count, fixing bugs ect) maily because its only about halfway through projected development time. What you are testing now is a stage most games go through, but consumers rarely see. When they hit beta and decide they have all features in, then they can start applying fixes, confident that they are adding no new feature later that could potentially break the fix....doubling the work as the fix needs doing again. Remember this game technically isn't even slated to be complete till almost 2016. That estimate dosent even factor in the overwhelming success they experienced with the alpha leading to massive expansion of there plans.

Now as for you zombie problem.....you don't need bullets to deal with zombies. In fact don't even use bullets on zeds when you do have them. If you get into that habit now then when numbers do go up, and they start behaving properly a single shot in a big town should e enough to get you killed. Get into the habit early of melee for zombies....guns for players. That way when zeds do improve you will be slicing through cities stealthily looting, while the nabs that found there first pistol and decided to "test it out" become zombie food :D

Edited by Karmaterror