Sign in to follow this  
schuno

Where are all the zombies?

So I've probably played for 4 hours or so over the last three days and still have not seen a SINGLE ZOMBIE.  What am I doing wrong?  I have a good amount of gear now, but still just wandering around with the occasional interaction with a person (seen 2 total, both nice).  ARE THERE NO ZOMBIES TO KILL?!  I've been on several different servers, both daytime and nighttime but NOTHING.

Any suggestions?

Hmmm, go out into the open field and fire a gun off near Grishno. I didn't see many when I first started earlier, I'd love to have that problem again, earlier today I was jumped by three at once in some village. Ran like 2k to get rid of them and still had to kill one.

Sorry I'll follow up with another question - how do you know the name of the town you are in?

Hmmm, go out into the open field and fire a gun off near Grishno. I didn't see many when I first started earlier, I'd love to have that problem again, earlier today I was jumped by three at once in some village. Ran like 2k to get rid of them and still had to kill one.

Sorry I'll follow up with another question - how do you know the name of the town you are in?

Also eventually, if you use the dayzdb map, you will remember it later on

Seriously you can't find zombies? xD

You can find out the name of the town you're in by looking for street signs. They're in cyrillic but you can check them on http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus

Thanks for the link.

But yes, seriously I cannot find any.  It's almost the point where I think something is wrong because I've been to 3 or so towns now and nothing.  It's pretty boring just walking around eating canned tuna with nothing to do...

You did not meet any zombies because I decided to relax and do something really easy. So I went to kill them all with my axe.

Where are you? The big city in the north with this huge tower (Novodmitrovsk)? Because there are no zombies in this city right now.

I logged in last night with a fresh spawn, (somehow lost my character). I ran around for a bit and didn't see a single zombie anywhere. Also, there was practically NO loot. I found a single can of tuna and that was it. No rotten fruit, portable stoves, shoes, or any of the other junk loot that I normally see all over the place.

This morning I log on with the same character on a different server. I run to Novo and I don't see a single zombie there either. I run into the tower and I find a LITTLE bit of loot there but nothing worth noting. I then procede to loot all the buildings in that immediate area and there is hardly anything. All the doors were closed so I don't think it was looted prior to my arrival.

There was just literally no gear anywhere.

My experience since I bought the game the other day is similar to this.  While I have found 2 guns I haven't yet found any ammo for them, but no signs of people/zombies.  

I logged in last night with a fresh spawn, (somehow lost my character). I ran around for a bit and didn't see a single zombie anywhere. Also, there was practically NO loot. I found a single can of tuna and that was it. No rotten fruit, portable stoves, shoes, or any of the other junk loot that I normally see all over the place.

This morning I log on with the same character on a different server. I run to Novo and I don't see a single zombie there either. I run into the tower and I find a LITTLE bit of loot there but nothing worth noting. I then procede to loot all the buildings in that immediate area and there is hardly anything. All the doors were closed so I don't think it was looted prior to my arrival.

There was just literally no gear anywhere.

I run to Novo and I don't see a single zombie there either.

As Minion stated right above you, there are no zombies in Novo. Not one. Nowhere.

As Minion stated right above you, there are no zombies in Novo. Not one. Nowhere.

Are there certain towns that notoriously have more zombies in them?  Now that I was given that interactive map I can navigate myself there, thanks

Well... any bigger town really. Try Chernogorsk, Elektrosavodsk, Zelenogorsk, try the airfields (and get shot in the process)

They're invisible now.

?? I wouldn't be surprised if you're serious...

They're invisible now.

A myth that is probably untrue. There are some phenomena that could be linked to this:

• It seems like movement in buildings and around obstacles gets your hitbox stuck in a place while you more on. Zombies will attack the hitbox you left behind damaging you in the process. Thats probably caused by desync.
  • Sometimes when inside buildings (usually upper floors) you will suddenly take damage as if you fell down from some height. The damage itself seems to heal instantly but it leaves your gear (shoes, pants and anything inside) ruined and might break your leg or cause pain. I call it the "leg breaking bug" - and its not related to zombies because no zombie will go invisible then break your legs with a well aimed strike and then leave you alone.
  • Sound are bugged and quite often you won't hear the sound of someone shooting (they will hear themselves though) so you might have the impression you just randomly took damage or died. You did not - you were sniped but the sound just did not play. Thats actually pretty gamebreaking as it makes it really hard to fight back or even realize someone in the area is shooting.

So it's probably not much help to you but I can read Cyrillic, so I just read the name of the town as I wander in. Most towns have an "entering" and "exiting" sign with the name.

Edited by Ebrim

Any suggestions?

Aye. Loot a town. Any town.

Then while you're leaving said town, look over your shoulders. All the way on the other side of the town, waaaaay up on the high grounds out in the fields, you should see four or five pixels flailing angrily while rushing towards you. That's your zombie.

• Like 1

A myth that is probably untrue. There are some phenomena that could be linked to this:

• It seems like movement in buildings and around obstacles gets your hitbox stuck in a place while you more on. Zombies will attack the hitbox you left behind damaging you in the process. Thats probably caused by desync.
  • Sometimes when inside buildings (usually upper floors) you will suddenly take damage as if you fell down from some height. The damage itself seems to heal instantly but it leaves your gear (shoes, pants and anything inside) ruined and might break your leg or cause pain. I call it the "leg breaking bug" - and its not related to zombies because no zombie will go invisible then break your legs with a well aimed strike and then leave you alone.
  • Sound are bugged and quite often you won't hear the sound of someone shooting (they will hear themselves though) so you might have the impression you just randomly took damage or died. You did not - you were sniped but the sound just did not play. Thats actually pretty gamebreaking as it makes it really hard to fight back or even realize someone in the area is shooting.

Here's what happened and its not untrue: I logged into a server just outside of Berezino. There were nasty people there so i ran away and logged out. Logged into another server and immediately heard Zombie noises, even before I could even see anything. When I got in there were no zombies but lots of noises. it sounded like there were at least three or four zombies around me. I didn't get hit though so I ignored it and alked for a bit and then crouched to spy into town. All of a sudden I take a hit from an invisible zombie so I run away and stop to patch myself up. While I'm bandaging I take a hit again. I'm in the middle of nowhere so nobodys hitting me through walls, theres nobody shooting or anything, its clearly the invisible zeds hitting me. I don't care for it so log out and enter the server I was previously on. I spawn and bandage myself and almost immediately invisible zombies start screaming. I run away and after a while I meet another player. He's resently spawned and swdish(like me) so I tell him to watch out for invisible zombies chasing me. he clearly thinks I'm a loon but then gets hit and starts bleeding. I try to help him but he runs away and the invisible zombies chase after him. I run to the hospital at upper Berezino and when i get there I hear zombie sounds again but see nothing. I go to the roof and wait for a while. An invisible zombie screams and hits me so I log out. 

After an hour or so i log in again on the same server and no more invisible zombies.

some noises have been bugged and playing globally for a few patches now, don't know if they've fixed it yet. So I would often here zeds yelling and having nothing around me. Also rabbits used to make zed noises. I stay on the west side of the map and see zeds all  the time.

Here's what happened and its not untrue: I logged into a server just outside of Berezino. There were nasty people there so i ran away and logged out. Logged into another server

Maybe it was a new punishment for server hopping?

Edited by hellcane
  • Like 1

Right here I guess, chasing my newspawn buddy out of Solnichniy.

Fz4tfiE.jpg

Walk into Chapaevsk and kill one zombie with your firearm. My friends and I like to go there if we have a bit of extra ammo and feel like having a good time, if not a tense one. Good place to test your marksmanship if you aren't super into shooting players when you don't need to.