Sign in to follow this  
Helix2000

invisible zombies

THE STORY:

i was in zelenogorsk, near the hospital, when my internet went down. when i relogged, onto the same server, i was being swarmed by invisible zombies. from the sound of it, there were at least 3-4. i ran to what i considered the safest building in the town (the police station) and got onto the top floor, closing all the doors behind me. i was a little worried because the crawling zombies can still walk through the walls, but i survived and began feeding up and bandaging. i got hit once and died.

i do not know what other people think of this, or if it has even been experienced by the rest of the player base, but i consider this to be game breaking (and more importantly, a pain in the arse)

so, has anyone else experienced this because everything I respawn, i am getting mobbed by these demons from hell

thanks

-helix

This happened to me to and it sure was annoying. Relogging fixed it for me though. For the moment.

I think the issue involves the player being desynced against the server.

In short, you are not seeing or doing what the server thinks you are doing.

So instead of running on an open field (which is happening on your screen) you are instead continuously running into a wall, smack center of Zombie Town, on the servers side of things.

So what is happening is that your character is getting hit in the face by zombies standing right next to you server side, while you on the client side, are no where near them. And since the server always wins in client/server conflicts, you get chewed up by "invisible" zombies.

This is something I have seen happen quite a few times when playing with friends and able to verify by finding their silly arses stuck on something server side while their client shows nothing wrong.

Relog. Seems to be some massive ping fluctuation since the latest experimental, had invisi zeds and terrible desync all yesterday, local servers where i normally have 30-70 were jumping into 800-1200.

• Like 1

Click click motherfucker.

I like Hetstaine's post.

Only clothed people get that popular <3