Evil Minion

Spawning & Ready Button

Spawns and ready timers.  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a "ready" button after the spawn timer ran out instead of just spawning instantly?

• Yes
    • Depends (please specify)
    • No
  2. 2. Would you like a significant respawn timer?

3. 3. Would you like a high waiting time for excessive server-switching?

• Yes
    • Depends (please specify)
    • No

As we all know spawning often comes with a waiting time and thats probably a good thing. However long waiting times - even when justified - still got a problem: After the timer finally ran out you are instantly ejected into the world. Now if the timer in question was pretty long and unavoidable (e.g. a death timer) the player might not be ready in an instant. So the poor survivor ends up pummeled by zombies or other players and maybe dies again. Cue another timer.

So the idea is to let the time pass but don't respawn but wait for the player to get ready before so the survivor doesn't end up standing in the middle of nowhere.

there should be NO WAIT if you changed servers because a reset was about to kick you.  or if you were kicked from the last server.  the game should be able to recognize the difference.

if you left a perfectly good server and logged into another right away (again, the game should be able to know), the wait should be 5 minutes.  hell, make it 10 or 15 minutes.

Yes for 1 and 3

But there is no need to make people wait more than 30 seconds after they die. Especially in alpha where the most deadly things are stairs and ladders. 

Yes, often I come on and I need to quickly do something before I get in the zone.

A ready button would be awesome.

So when I am ready I can instantly pop in.

Also I think DayZ timers needs to take note of you joining different hives, like 1st and 3rd, also it needs to notice when you're joining the same server and when you've been kicked.

Logging out and then back in while in close proximity to someone may give you a disadvantage local noise like the loud loading gun sounds we used to have.

Edited by AP_Norris