Sign in to follow this  
LeeVanSpliff

Character just reset

It seems like this happens most frequently after a server restart. CONFIRMED!

A player looses connection due to a server restart. He then rejoins the server, only to find he's a fresh spawn.

Another forum poster says if you join a different server before jumping back to the restarted one, your character will not be reset. I haven't tested this yet, but probably will soon.

That worked for me.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 1

^ Great! Now that I know this happened for multiple people, this could very well be a work around.

I have had my char reset after joining a new server, even looked around a bit, logged off , joined a server I knew was stable and "Poof!" my char is back to normal..

Happened a quite a few times when I first started playing, hopping servers to test ping and such..

My two cents anyway..

(off topic) I need coffee to be ingame plzkthx  /yawn

TuT

Tired few gamingdeluxe servers today, each time started fresh. Seems legit

Gameserver.co.uk do have my old char and save it, seems like it choice of working servers is become more and more limited. 

Edited by General Zod

Yeah, just happened to our whole crew again....

We were all on steam, and there was no amount of tinkering that could fix this. This time it was on a first person server. This sounds like a very important thing to fix, our group has decided not to play until this is resolved.

I really hope they can do that soon.

EDIT: Here's a link to the problem in the DayZ tracker. Vote it up to make it known.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=15588

FYI: This bug appears closed, and all other similar grouped under this ticket: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=78 . Be sure to up vote that one. Though its a ticket going back last year, I hope they realize this is a new problem since yesterdays patch, and this has been done for organizational purposes.

• Like 1

this has just happened to me and a friend whilst playing tonight, server did its 4hr restart , we both were well kitted and searching for a tent in the woods, after we log back in i'm still in the woods with all my kit and my friend is back next to the sea as a new spawn,  this has happened 3 times now  and its a bit meh knowing you've worked hard to kit up and go on a mission to only have your self reset after you leave the server or it reboots

this has just happened to me and a friend whilst playing tonight, server did its 4hr restart , we both were well kitted and searching for a tent in the woods, after we log back in i'm still in the woods with all my kit and my friend is back next to the sea as a new spawn,  this has happened 3 times now  and its a bit meh knowing you've worked hard to kit up and go on a mission to only have your self reset after you leave the server or it reboots

That is your problem right there.

You did not work hard - you played a game for some time.

If you really see it as work you do - you should wait for release since then thos bugs will be (hopefully) less

That is your problem right there.

You did not work hard - you played a game for some time.

If you really see it as work you do - you should wait for release since then thos bugs will be (hopefully) less

I'm trying to create a top 10 of the very best things this post adds to the discussion, but I simply cannot make up my mind.

work was the wrong choice of words, however that still doesn't negate the fact that the game keeps resetting players randomly on reboots or server joins.

Work: sustained physical or mental effort to overcome obstacles and achieve an objective or result. If we all want to be word police then there you go, add to the discussion for Pete's sake.... 

On topic, I haven't been hit by the reset bug recently. It seems almost to be random. We've found sticking to one or two servers lowers the amount of resets we've had.

My advice until a fix is to find a home server or two, ones you can switch back and forth to incase of a reset anyways. It's working, mostly, for our group of 8.

• Like 1

This just happened to me last night. Mega frustrating as I just got done fully gearing up and was ready for some action, then the server reset without warning. I quickly disconnected as soon as I saw the "no message received" warning and re-logged when server restarted, but I was back to a fresh respawn on the southeast coast... which is the furthest location from any military loot!!! :( I ran halfway towards Balota and then called it a day... I need to keep running today. This thing is becoming a running simulator!! :D

Edited by SolitudeMG
  • Like 1

Great....just happened again.  No server reset warning.  Server resets (and 45 minutes later it's still not back up...Gameservers must be a horrible host) and I join another server only to be a new spawn and being attacked by a zombie before I'm even fully spawned.

very frustrating...

• Like 1

Do not join a server that has just restartet.

Wait until at least a minute gametime has passed.

So if a server restarts and server start timer is set to 10:00.

You will see the server in the list again listing the time as 08:00 - DO NOT JOIN

Sometimes it will switch to 09:20 - DO NOT JOIN

The it will arrive at 10:00 - DO NOT JOIN

when it says 10:01 - join the server

TL;DR

Only join servers that have uneven time in the server browser (10:01, 14:35) that way you can be nearly 100% sure that the server did not just

restart and the connection with the hive will be given so no reset.

• Like 1

Same problem, 3x on third person, 1x on first person servers. After reseting servers it delete my character. I dont know what is the problem.

such bullshit, I found my long range scope wanted to get some action and BAM..even had an MP5 and now I'm a fresh spawn wtf!

such bullshit, I found my long range scope wanted to get some action and BAM..even had an MP5 and now I'm a fresh spawn wtf!

Oh poor you, would you like a lollipop ? What favour ? Strawberry or deal with it ?

Oh poor you, would you like a lollipop ? What favour ? Strawberry or deal with it ?

ummm ermahgerd no sorry I don't swing that way thanks for the offer though. Anyway got back on and where I spawned found 2 LRS scopes another mp5 and magazine this time haha

ummm ermahgerd no sorry I don't swing that way thanks for the offer though.

I don't know what turns you on but I actually was offering you just a lollipop. You know a type of candy.