Sign in to follow this  
Metalshreddin

Bury your stuff

Wouldn't it be kinda cool and handy if you could just grab a shovel and bury your stuff, set a marker on a piece of map and be able to dig it up if you die? This shpuld only work on the same server as you buried it, of course. Kinda like tents but not quite. If you have marked a map and anyone would find it thay could dig it up. Would be sweet, don't you think?

Edited by Metalshreddin

this has been suggested many many times already ;)

and a DEV(I think it was Dean. Not sure tho) somehow and somewhat confirmed, that this "could" be implemented, because buyring something would require an inventory, which can be used, after a certain animation/etc. is done.

Burying somehing would create a small "dirt-hill", so the only new "thing", which needs to be made, is a new model + the animation.

I would also like to add:

Buried items would degenerate over time "fairly quickly". If you out these items in a bag, backpack or yellow container, they would take less damage, but degenerate, too (a Tent should always be the "best" option to save gear and protect it from taking damage, IMO)

Edited by irishroy

YO HO! Can ye landlubber's find me buried treasure? Head to the center of Chernogorsk, and take ten paces towards the forked tree...

• Like 1