QUAZIMOFO

Lost my rifle TWICE now

Having your weapon drawn and then going prone and rolling automatically results in throwing your weapon. My weapon got thrown and disappeared into the ground TWICE now from this. Alpha'd!

You mean looking through the sights when you say weapon drawn, right?

Because I've rolled around a few times and never noticed this behaviour but I can't remember whether I was looking through the sights or not ...

• Like 1

can someone explain what "drawn" mean and i would be glad to give an answer

• Like 1

Just simply holding it in your hands when you prone and roll.

Have you downloaded 0.48 for Experimental ?

If you have version 0.48 loaded, and you play Standard (0.47) there are a number of strange movement glitches ATM.

- when I tried to drink from a lake I threw myself prone in the water and stood up again with arms in the handcuff position (no handcuffs) and couldn't get out.. sighting down the gun which I could now equip held behind my back showed me the ground .. only cure was to log out and back. No fun.

If you have version 0.48 running, use Steam Library to "opt out of betas" and Steam will revert you back to 0.47 in 1 minute, then various movement glitches go away.

Maybe yours too.

If you have this problem on Experimental - or you have it on Stable when you have 0.47 loaded

(version number shows in the top right corner when you start DayZ)

then maybe it is a real bug.

Check bug reports, put in a report.

xx

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

The sadist that put the throw key (G) next to the action key (F) by default needs to be tarred and feathered.

• Like 3

The sadist that put the throw key (G) next to the action key (F) by default needs to be tarred and feathered.

It isn't that though.  I have been standing around talking with not a finger on my keyboard and my character spontaneously throws his magnum which ends up falling through the floor... The same floor that my friends mosin was inexplicably thrown into some 10 minutes before.

This happened in experimental, and it is NOT user error.

• Like 3

It isn't that though.  I have been standing around talking with not a finger on my keyboard and my character spontaneously throws his magnum which ends up falling through the floor... The same floor that my friends mosin was inexplicably thrown into some 10 minutes before.

Haha, I know.

Just haven't seen anyone comment on the throwing before and wanted to vent my rage.

It is the same sadist who changed the inventory button from G to I in arma 3 and caused hundreds if not thousands of friendly fire incidents.

• Like 1

It is the same sadist who changed the inventory button from G to I in arma 3 and caused hundreds if not thousands of friendly fire incidents.

arma 3 and dayZ have a lot of strange and quirky differences between them

LEAST OF WHICH IS BI ARMA3 FORUMS WHERE I CANT POST A TROUBLESHOOTING THREAD

cough

I will never understand why most people don't change out their controls.

• Like 2

I will never understand why most people don't change out their controls.

Well, for one, I usually like to play with a controller. So, there's that. But, since controller support is bugged/removed... I've got to use a keyboard and mouse like the rest of you guttersnipes.

And secondly, once I get used to a particular setup, it's hard (and in some cases, not worth it) to re-learn a control scheme. If I were to remap the F key (which is the action key) then I'd be mashing the F key out of habit for a few days regardless.

Either way, simply because it's customizable doesn't mean it's not a bonehead place to put it by default! :D

Edited by Katana67

I've never played experimental and wasnt in 1st person, so it has nothing to do with that.

It's only happened to me when I am prone around rocks and I get to an area that makes me automatically stand up because of the slope.  

Well, for one, I usually like to play with a controller. So, there's that. But, since controller support is bugged/removed... I've got to use a keyboard and mouse like the rest of you guttersnipes.

And secondly, once I get used to a particular setup, it's hard (and in some cases, not worth it) to re-learn a control scheme. If I were to remap the F key (which is the action key) then I'd be mashing the F key out of habit for a few days regardless.

Either way, simply because it's customizable doesn't mean it's not a bonehead place to put it by default! :D

As a guttersnipe i am stuck in my ways, normally before i even enter a game i hit the settings and adjust my keys accordingly to the keys i have been using in every fps pew pew game since forever. Instant comfort :)

• Like 1

I've never played experimental and wasnt in 1st person, so it has nothing to do with that.

what if i told you that its a bug and you ought to use the bugtracker ?

Wait what? You would really play Arma games on gamepad? I mean the infantry part, not vehicles ofc.

If so then you never cease to amaze me Katana67.

Wait what? You would really play Arma games on gamepad? I mean the infantry part, not vehicles ofc.

If so then you never cease to amaze me Katana67.

Not would, I do. I also play with a controller, keyboard, and mouse... at the same time. Get on my level. Anywho...

Yeah, I play on a bed... with my 46" television as a monitor.

Controllers are more comfortable for me, and I've never really felt "in need" of a keyboard/mouse since I started playing ARMA II and DayZ respectively.

Folks say that controllers can't handle ARMA/DayZ's "complex control scheme." Welp, sorry to say to everybody... but they can. In the vanilla mod, the only things I really needed were to map the lean keys and the inventory key (which I totally could've done, with 5+ buttons unused on my controller and Xpadder). And even then, I got by just fine.

Add in function keys, double clicks, hold functions, and a controller can more than accommodate the demands of DayZ.

Not would, I do. I also play with a controller, keyboard, and mouse... at the same time. Get on my level. Anywho...

Yeah, I play on a bed... with my 46" television as a monitor.

Controllers are more comfortable for me, and I've never really felt "in need" of a keyboard/mouse since I started playing ARMA II and DayZ respectively.

Folks say that controllers can't handle ARMA/DayZ's "complex control scheme." Welp, sorry to say to everybody... but they can. In the vanilla mod, the only things I really needed were to map the lean keys and the inventory key (which I totally could've done, with 5+ buttons unused on my controller and Xpadder). And even then, I got by just fine.

Add in function keys, double clicks, hold functions, and a controller can more than accommodate the demands of DayZ.

Even having spent dozens hours of playing FPS'es on Xbox, before I sold it, I could never appreciate clunkyness of gamepads vs precision of quality gaming mouse.

I guess it also depends on how much you care about the outcome of gun fight.

Only positive thing I see about gamepads is that your wrists are not under such stress and that you can sit on couch and pretend you play on console.

Every time I see console players arguing about how their gamepads are better for FPS games I cringe.

Not saying it is what you are saying here though.

Haha, read this and pressed G while standing in a barn because just to see West of Vybor.

Threw away a perfectly good AKM and i have no idea where in god's name it went. 

Even having spent dozens hours of playing FPS'es on Xbox, before I sold it, I could never appreciate clunkyness of gamepads vs precision of quality gaming mouse.

I guess it also depends on how much you care about the outcome of gun fight.

Only positive thing I see about gamepads is that your wrists are not under such stress and that you can sit on couch and pretend you play on console.

Every time I see console players arguing about how their gamepads are better for FPS games I cringe.

Not saying it is what you are saying here though.

Well luckily, DayZ is not really a shooter which demands full-on twitchy accuracy. So, I don't ever feel disadvantaged when going up against folks with KBM.

to the OP this has happened to me twice now as well

would the devs please add tar and feathers  B)

Well luckily, DayZ is not really a shooter which demands full-on twitchy accuracy. So, I don't ever feel disadvantaged when going up against folks with KBM.

Fair enough.

Personally I would not trade accuracy of keyboard+mouse for convenience of sitting on couch with gamepad.

On the other hand if my wrists get bad from playing, gamepad might be my last option (out of necessity though).

Just sayin'.