Sign in to follow this  
muzzlehead

Hacker or Bug?

Recently I have thrown weapons when trying to perform another task while the weapon was in my hands.  The weapon disappears after I throw it,  I have tried to find it on the ground and waited several minutes to see if the server makes it pop back on the ground.

It does not happen often, which makes me suspicious that it may not be a bug.

My question is:  is it a bug that anyone else has experienced or is this a new hack on the experimental servers?

I reported it as a bug but I am now suspicious it is a hack.

I've heard it was a new hack, and I think it's true because I've never experienced it in experimental before, and I spend most of my DayZ time in experimental. Although avoiding most "hotspots" and not doing much PVP, thus why I think it's not a bug, but possibly a new hack.

I would think it's a bug; I can't really think of the benefit this would be to a hacker, other than disarming you before trying to kill you. Has anyone tried to kill you after this has happened?

I thought it might be a hack since the weapon vanishes... I figured it might be a new way for them to steal your gear.  I have noticed though in the First Person View I often also have problems with crouching and crawling if I am holding onto to something.  I sorta pop back up instead of going into the crouch.  If I switch to third person then I crouch/lay just fine

Did this bug show on experimental? It sucks it was ignored and pushed to stable. I lost a lrs scoped mosin to it and then a decked out AKM.

I was refering to experimental.... I guess it is an older bug if it is also on stable

Oh its definitely on stable. We have lost tons of stuff due to it. Im fine with it since its alpha afterall.

Im sure it will get fixed.

• Like 1