d.walker43

change the grey screen when you have low blood

Hi guys, I just got mauled by like 3 zombies as a fresh spawn so I had to fend them off with a pitchfork. I lost enough blood that I have the black and white screen. I think this needs to be changed, or at least modified. Instead of taking away color, it should take away something else. Or simply give you messages in the corner. I say this because playing on the grey graphics simply isn't even fun. It makes the game feel clunkier then it already is, and ruins the experience. I have 2 possible solutions to this, tell me what you think below.

1: simply make it like hungry/thirsty is now, add messages in the corner, and as you get lower on blood start to walk slower, screen maybe get a little blurry, and so on until eventual death/unconsciousness.

2: Still have the grey screen, but be able to give yourself blood or have it heal overtime. Have a way to fix the grey screen requiring only you and some medical supplies.

Anyway, theres my thoughts. You have any feedback post below. Criticism is appreciated too, but don't be belligerent about it. Thanks!

you can heal over time. just get enough food and water into you and wait like 5-10 minutes. Plus the gray screen is kind of realistic as you get hit multiple times and loss of blood, you're gonna feel tired and your vision will blur on you.

• Like 4

I like it the way it is, I think they should scrap the whole text box in the bottom left and make visual and audio indicators only.

• Like 1

you can heal over time. just get enough food and water into you and wait like 5-10 minutes. Plus the gray screen is kind of realistic as you get hit multiple times and loss of blood, you're gonna feel tired and your vision will blur on you.

Really? I was not aware of this. Guess I don't get the grey screen often enough to know. Thanks for the info.

If a forum mod could delete this thread, that would be good. I was unaware that it already heals by itself so these ideas are irrelevant. Thanks!

• Like 1

I agree its just  Jim dandy the way it is so I say don't fix it if it isn't broken. Besides that you shouldn't have time to have a 'bad player experience' from a graying out screen, you should instantly go into an escape, avoid, eat and drink mode until you are in a safe place, stuffed, and the color returns after a few minutes. And in any case if you have a gray screen the next hit will very likely cause you to take a dirt nap until you re-spawn. You should stay in a stuffed condition as often as possible to build up reserve strength that will ward off a gray screen and make recovery from a beating faster. A good plan is to eat as you go and stay on a see-food diet of pure gluttony. I carry most of the food I find in my gut and maintain only a small reserve in my pack for those times when I do get clobbered a bit. And don't be afraid to shoot up an EPI pen as it will reduce the shock damage you have taken to ZERO instantly. But you will still have to eat and drink a-plenty to build your blood supply.      

Edited by Xbow

Now, out of curiousity since so many people (not pokin at anyone) say this is realistic, how many of you have had severe blood loss? I was hog hunting and got stabbed by a boar hog. I shot him with the 45 I carry, and I called my buddy who was hunting a few miles down the road. I remember walking, and you know how when you rub your eyes, everything is black and slowly fades in? Thats what I remember, and dizziness as well. I remember being put into the cab of the truck, and waking up with 53 stitches in my thigh and abdomen.

But I like the grey screen now, cause really, who wants to play a game experiencing what I stated?

Now, out of curiousity since so many people (not pokin at anyone) say this is realistic, how many of you have had severe blood loss? I was hog hunting and got stabbed by a boar hog. I shot him with the 45 I carry, and I called my buddy who was hunting a few miles down the road. I remember walking, and you know how when you rub your eyes, everything is black and slowly fades in? Thats what I remember, and dizziness as well. I remember being put into the cab of the truck, and waking up with 53 stitches in my thigh and abdomen.

But I like the grey screen now, cause really, who wants to play a game experiencing what I stated?

i recently stabbed my wrist (on accident) and on the way to the hospital everything was really bright white

nearly passed out but when i got to the hospital everything was getting less white and stuff

If a forum mod could delete this thread, that would be good. I was unaware that it already heals by itself so these ideas are irrelevant. Thanks!

If you whish to call the Moderation Staff, typing a simple post will get you nowhere, you must Report the post or Topic, this will alert the Moderators.

The same if a Member is being offensive or posting unacceptable content.

We do not delete Topics without good cause.

i recently stabbed my wrist (on accident) and on the way to the hospital everything was really bright white

nearly passed out but when i got to the hospital everything was getting less white and stuff

Eeew, you emo freak XD

I guess in real life, it depends on the person or blood loss. I was bleeding really bad, and had to walk about a mile to the road. It hurt like a bitch, so I guess I was blacking out from the pain as well.

If you whish to call the Moderation Staff, typing a simple post will get you nowhere, you must Report the post or Topic, this will alert the Moderators.

The same if a Member is being offensive or posting unacceptable content.

We do not delete Topics without good cause.

K, Ill do that.

I guess my "good cause" for wishing it to be deleted was that I was unaware the feature I was suggesting was already in the game.

Eeew, you emo freak XD

I guess in real life, it depends on the person or blood loss. I was bleeding really bad, and had to walk about a mile to the road. It hurt like a bitch, so I guess I was blacking out from the pain as well.

i said it was an accident, my knife slipped while i was cutting my pants

i said it was an accident, my knife slipped while i was cutting my pants

I know, I was pullin your leg. Hence the XD

Won't the game be more difficult in future? Saying "just eat lots of food and drink lots of water" is fine and dandy, but when food becomes rarer and water sources contain disease I think playing DayZ in monochrome will become a whole lot more common.