Sign in to follow this  
BlakkM9

AK 101 multiple fire modes?

I just found an AK 101 and i wonder if you can toggle the fire mode, but i dont want to waste ammo :/

I know that you can toggle to semi automatic by pushing "T" with the M4 but not with the AKM. Anyone tried that with the AK 101 so far?

BlakkM9

Selectable fire modes is something we definitely want to spend some time looking into (the proper implementation of it) for DayZ. So, it will definitely happen. Right now however, it is a bit of a pain - as the UI does not indicate it, and neither does the model.

• Like 6

So basically the AK's are full auto only because the the implementation used in the M4A1, Blaze and Shotgun was not satisfying? What about changing fire mode similar to the action key (t>scroll>t or t>scroll>f) and showing the state via inventory ("Inspect") just as done with the syringe.

Edited by Evil Minion

To summarize, Ak's (101 and AKM) have no fire mode toggle as of yet, nor does the Mp5 despite visible toggle selectors on the sides of the guns, but your best bet is to learn quickly the amount of pressure and time of pressure applied to your mouse button to know how to fire off single shots.

Yes I do find for now that the mouse click is pretty responsive for 1 or 3 round bursts or full auto.

Selectable fire modes is something we definitely want to spend some time looking into (the proper implementation of it) for DayZ. So, it will definitely happen. Right now however, it is a bit of a pain - as the UI does not indicate it, and neither does the model.

I'd really like looking at the selector to see the firemode. As it is now, the MP5 for example is on safe.