TheBalfrog (DayZ)

Horribly designed place, no suicide button?

Having recently returned to DayZ from the days of falling through stairs or being reset if you ran too fast, I was told that alot of the bugs had been fixed, having spawned somewhere "Typobo", I ran around trying to loot, found someone, ran into a bigger town I cannot locate a name for on DayZ db, then this happened (pics related). my legs were broken, I didn't die, and there are no players or zombies in sight or in chat to end my suffering (On a 32/40 pop server, and with server hopping delays I can't just keep hopping until I die).

I remember seeing a suicide option in the early trailers for the stand alone, and having been literally stuck in this predicament it seems stupid to not add one, I am now unable to play until one of my friends recognizes the pictures and saves me, as waiting for thirst or hunger to set in isn't my idea of fun.

Any help much appreciated, but this is stupid, and for my now 2nd hour into coming back it isn't a good start.

post-184265-0-80176800-1407190074_thumb.

post-184265-0-62562400-1407190080_thumb.

you call this place a bad place? you can crawl to silo thing next to you and climb it and jump from that silo. problem solved.

I agree, for 2 reasons:

A: it shows it in the trailer, so obviously it should be in the game.

B: I have suffered the same situation your in, luckily I found a zombie and crawled to it and let it kill me. They need to do something.

you call this place a bad place? you can crawl to silo thing next to you and climb it and jump from that silo. problem solved.

He's stuck in between  the walls on all sides, he can't get out from anywhere, isn't it obvious?

Edited by EchoZeero

As already stated, just logged into a 39/40 and no one was around to kill me, my legs are broken so restricted to crawling, and you cann't get out of there, how it didn't kill me I don't know, I don't get why the bar at the bottom is even there, it isn't decoratively nice or needed, why is there no respawn button with broken legs?

It seems as if DayZ knew how to and ignored all the parts of the game that could be fixed to not annoy the players.

Just contact DayZ-Support and ask them to get your charachter unstuck.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/191410-dayz-support-stuck-characters/

Tried this, came back with, "your account is protected, you are not allowed to access this until the account protection is lifted"

It's honestly enfuriating, I can do nothing, why are mods so inactive on this forum? Trying to actually play the game and I cannot, still no one close enough to hear/read my messages.

You know you can have sticks now almost anywhere right? go to the nearest tree, chop it down and make "thirds", ....do carry them at all times (along with rags or bandages) in order to craft an splint...you will need it for this situation or when shot.....

Morphine does the trick also.  This is the end of the world!!!! you should be prepared!  ;)

You know you can have sticks now almost anywhere right? go to the nearest tree, chop it down and make "thirds", ....do carry them at all times (along with rags or bandages) in order to craft an splint...you will need it for this situation or when shot.....

Morphine does the trick also.  This is the end of the world!!!! you should be prepared!  ;)

As stated I hadn't really learnt any of this new stuff, don't think i'd seen an axe either otherwise I would of looted it, I don't mind the fact the game is quite complex, it just seems in this situation it seems like a genuine trap, the fact my guy can roll an infinite distance with 2 broken legs but can't scale a few inch ledge seems stupid, aswell as the fact you can suffer horrendous crippling breaks with no painkillers and not really have any sort of bleeding or passing out is beyond me.

Just want the devs to know there are some places in the game like this one which is horribly designed.

I agree, for 2 reasons:

A: it shows it in the trailer, so obviously it should be in the game.

B: I have suffered the same situation your in, luckily I found a zombie and crawled to it and let it kill me. They need to do something.

Just because it's in the trailer doesn't mean it will be in the game for a while. The suicide thing you saw was just animation trickery for the sake of the video. Actually implementing it in to the game would be very tricky and is not really integral to the alpha way of feature implementation.