Lord_Schoko

So how would you like dogs in the game?

Sounds like a concept for an "endgame" feature. Its reasonable to meet feral dogs who just happened to lose their owners to zombification and might be trained in one way or the other. Now you will still need to convince them to trust you and stay with you. I don't think you will be able to train them yourself (would be awesome but requires an equally awesome AI and the resources to run it) so your dog would most likely respond to situation according to its former training.

A former guard dog for example might be told to protect an area or person (and probably bark a lot) while a hunting dog might be told to find game (and probably stay quiet most of the time). I think in order to keep the dogs trust you would need to treat it well and feed it or else it will just walk away or attack you. In return it might help you fighting zombies or other players (or just run away in fear). However, as an "endgame" feature getting and keeping a dog might be pretty hard.

Search Results

Your search for the term dogs returned 178 results

I want Dogs, in fact I had dogs working (credit to Big Daddy) long before the Mod and they were nearly implemented into the DayZ Mod, sit, go to, attack were some of the commands possible.

As punishment for not using the Search Function you will now watch my (very old and boring) DogZ video...

• Like 1

Lets hope dogs are somehow part of the endgame. I reject the argument that the dog would get you killed from barking. You can train a dog to keep its trap shut, hide right along side you, etc. I think it's a great idea.

NO! I can see it now... Being handcuffed and then being forced to watch my beloved Spot get executed as I'm force fed a rotten zucchini rectally.

I'm not ready for that kind of real... I'm not ready.