arvinzd

Chambering rounds using "R" key,

Chambering suggestions   

15 members have voted

1. 1. do you want to ammo,mags,rounds only able to reload /chamber if it's put in your cloth and allow you to chambering by using "r" key?

• yes,i want it to more realistic and fun for future updates, (Chambering weapon will now have more chance in combat)
    • no,i liked how. uthentic it is already,and tensed by it (overly dominated by certain weapons
  2. 2. do you like idea to press series of key(at least 2) to reload weapon?

• yes,it's a good challenge
    • no,too complex

This has been suggested by another user in general discussion which is not the correct sub forum.

So a lot of you thinks,beside load magazine,.

Chambering round /load ammo(like sks) only through inventory tab,is tensing you up, so its not really easy to do,make.things harder.

While it does make me dont want to bring sporter 22 or carbine unless i got the mags

But It's not realistic at all. Why?

Because it's easy to chamber rounds in real life,IF THE AMMO IS IN YOUR POCKET

What am i suggesting?

I think player should be able to chamber round and load ammo using the r key like magazines

BUT only if you put the ammo or round in your clothes not on your backpack.

EDIT :

(i really disaggree that players are allowed to orgazine things in their BACKPACK while marathoning, but it's not the point on this thread,i gonna make another one)

This thread will do:http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/202421-view-backpack-contents/?hl=backpack

Like pants and jacket, make sense right?

And of course you will have a delay animation to Chambering each rounds,

And the combat system keep balanced.

And chamber a round like in sporter have to be much shorter delay than loading ammo in sks.

And the people who had mags

Will still have the advantage with even shorther delay than Chambering 1 round.

It will not make game easier than before.

But it will make playing sporter and carbine much less pain the ass,people use it more

And will make sks reloading system balanced not too easy with 10 round each time we load

VOTE IF YOU LIKE , peace

Edited by arvinzd
  • Like 4

This game needs less shortcuts, in my opinion.  You made a good point about how people can instantly reload from their backpack- that should definitely be addressed.  Personally, I don't think having a single key reload would be a good idea. I might be willing to compromise with having a series of keys needing to be pressed, since that requires a little focus.  Since the slide is back, you'd really only need to hit one key to fumble in your pockets for a round, one key to jam it in, and one to release the slide.  Overly complex, maybe even a little too realistic, but really it's not that much of a hassle to chamber a round through the GUI.

• Like 2

No.

I actually like how difficult it is to use the bolt-action. In fact, I wish NO weapon used the R key for anything. You should be forced to open your inventory, find another magazine, and put it in your gun. It promotes good inventory management and discourages spam-firing. It also means that when you think your enemy is reloading, it's more significant than a 4 second pause in their gunfire.

• Like 5

No.

I actually like how difficult it is to use the bolt-action. In fact, I wish NO weapon used the R key for anything. You should be forced to open your inventory, find another magazine, and put it in your gun. It promotes good inventory management and discourages spam-firing. It also means that when you think your enemy is reloading, it's more significant than a 4 second pause in their gunfire.

Spam-firing?

Sporter 22 and carbine are supposed to be "you called" "spam" firing weapon,

And with the delay animation it's still won't be "spam" firing weapon no matter what,unless(again) you have the mags.

And not only ammo/rounds that supposed to be in your clothes pocket,to allow load ammo using "r" key,mags too,and by then people must have cloth that can contain 2 rows size items to fit a mags even 2 mags

And beside all of that,

You do understand that in dayz, mags and even ammo are kinda hard to find?

And do you realize this is a a still early developing alpha zombie survival game?

Once zombie behaviour more intelligent, and new infusion engine implemented,that allows many players and zombies hordes in the server.

Zombie will become crucial part of this game,zombie will be more responsive when a bullet is shot.there will be more players so that loot items will logically be more scarce.

We will think twice before we even shot,not to mention spam firing.

If you have the ammo to spam-firing after all the engine change, intelligent zombies. I will be surprised

And talking about "it supposed to be hard and need caution and focus" thing

sometimes its hard to get both, good Size cloth and mags.

Now clothes are much more vulnerable to be ruined by zombies and currently rain.

So your playstyle will be much more cautious, since reload only be able do if you put it in your clothes, and that clothes of yours that contain ammo and mag will be easily ruined by the 2 things i mentioned.

Don't get me wrong I do like the current reloading system.

Its fun to load the ammmo to your shotguns or double rifle, felt great, i understand.

But there are downsides

-Sporter and carbine(any low damage weapos that only chamber a round)are rarely used because of this.Unless you got the mags and its very rare

-People who found only the correct ammo and weapons of sporter 4 times (i did)

Will be finally forced to bring this weapon cause got tons of ammo of it

With only a low damaged shot per use.

You will brought the hostile impression when you carry sporter,but easily beaten,when in combat situation

You will simply run after you take a shot

-Your way seems unrealistic, taking ammo from backpacks while running.not realistic.

There is another way to promote good inventory management system,see this thread

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/202421-view-backpack-contents/?hl=backpack

And make sure you read latest 5 posts on the last page.

This will even more promote good, realistic inventory managing

Than what you said

Edited by arvinzd

This game needs less shortcuts, in my opinion. You made a good point about how people can instantly reload from their backpack- that should definitely be addressed. Personally, I don't think having a single key reload would be a good idea. I might be willing to compromise with having a series of keys needing to be pressed, since that requires a little focus. Since the slide is back, you'd really only need to hit one key to fumble in your pockets for a round, one key to jam it in, and one to release the slide. Overly complex, maybe even a little too realistic, but really it's not that much of a hassle to chamber a round through the GUI.

The gui covers up the screen too much that is my problem.

Good idea too.

Maybe "r" key is load ammo

The "t" key for eject(if there is still an ammo inside/mags) and for opening the chamber!

Recap:

You first need to press "t" to open up your ammo chamber then press "r" to load the ammo!, still fun and not overly realistic

The "t" key is just an example.but it's The closest one to "r"

It's kinda weird though

But what do you think?

Edited by arvinzd

I agree that swapping clips and re-chambering a single round should have some manner of parity to make it possible for players lacking clips to fire more than one shot in a fight before being forced to run away. Whether that should mean making clip-swapping harder or round-chambering easier is an argument with valid points on both sides.

No.

Totally with you, I enjoy being able to hit R once I have an assault rifle with a few mags, but I would certainly not miss it. I can remember being shot at with a mosin, dodged 5 shots and took that chance to rush the shooter, Axed him. Just today, me and a mate cornered a guy in the B-town pub after he shot at us. After he'd fired 2 shots form his blaze, I rushed with the axe and my mate gunned him down as he tried to run from me. I'm paranoid about being caught reloading, to the point that I'll swap out a mag with only 2 less rounds in it during a lull in a tense fight. Just so that I know I'm ready with a full mag.

The gui covers up the screen too much that is my problem.

You want more realism but on the other hand you think it wouldn't be difficult to find one particular bullet in the lower left pocket of your trouser without looking at it (which resembles the gui)?

You want more realism but on the other hand you think it wouldn't be difficult to find one particular bullet in the lower left pocket of your trouser without looking at it (which resembles the gui)?

I have expected this response ;)

Please check the link i gave especially the last 5 post on the last page.

there's a why i didn't want to check the inventory tab (backpack)while combat,except it's a long range fight covered by building.

And yes,the gui covers up too much vision,

Unlike real life we can just see surrounding without looking my ammo in pocket,cause i already organize it.

(you should definitely check the link i gave if you didn't understand)

It should have been reloading though if you want to debate when we can't see surrounding ,but this thread is not about it, and i don't mind if when im reloading I still can see surrounding

ohh and why u cant chamber the single round then manually? if its no diffrence why starting this post? whats next reloadbuttons for magazines or stripes?

this game dont need any UIs or magic reload buttons. the combat ui syste is fine

ohh and why u cant chamber the single round then manually? if its no diffrence why starting this post? whats next reloadbuttons for magazines or stripes?

this game dont need any UIs or magic reload buttons. the combat ui syste is fine

Magical reloading???

Really?? you said that???

So it's logical and not magical you can reload mags from your backpack while running like a gazelle??? In tense close combat too???

Do you even see your post again??

I never mentioned or even intent to change the combat system, it's already fine as it is

It's reloading i'm talking about.

Combat system you said, could be anything, pleaae be more specific of what you said

I said it before,i like the reloading inventory system i really do if you didn't use sporter/carbine Without mags.if you saw earlier post, but this idea will make the process less painful, .,

but will not ease up the difficulty to kill zombies ,i've ever been attacked by several zombies.

20 times Chambering ammo from clothes to kill several zombies at time while being chased while using a carbine and sporter too,i organize the ammo and put it to upper in my inventory which is the clothes pocket to make me easy to chamber.

And this thought came to my mind,

What the f*** is the difference between

Constantly view the inventory tab, just to chamber a 1 round, in our pocket in my clothes

Than to just press "r" or series of key like separate load ammo button and opening chamber/eject mags.(for compromise to stil make it "hard" you said)to chamber this little one weak shitty bullet of the sporter/carbine?

Why dont just reaching out pocket without viewing the inventory tab,while still see surrounding ???

Does everyone prefer to see the inventory tab than looking around of the beautiful graphics dayz surrounding? And above all it's realistic and VERY LOGICAL

Can anyone with

sense, simply understand this??

Is this so hard to understand between

Ease up the difficulty and make things less painful???

Is it wrong to promote the using of sporter 22/carbine though without mags?

I still need to freaking running around to chamber this weak weapon with all the delay from Chambering animation, even after Chambering is allowed to do without the inventory Tab

Peace

Edited by arvinzd

And by the way

If you think i'm a child that whining that dayz too hard.

A big no to that.

I prefer hitting a series of key like the the guy who post 2nd on this thread.

I don't mind, heck, hit 5 keys just to reload without viewing the inventory tab, but i know people don't want this game too hard.

(Wait i thought, they want it to be hard??)

While i don't mind as long it's realistic and logical.

I have expected this response ;)

The link doesn't change anything. We wont be able to move while checking the backpack in the future, that is for sure.

You also said that you'd prefer pressing 5 keys than opening your inventory. I think this is the wrong way to approach. Some time ago I posted in a different thread that I want every inventory move to be a small "minigame" where you've to do something with your mouse or keys. E.g. pulling every single bullet into your mag and then the mag into your weapon.

But pressing "c-g-r-h" or what ever to reload doesn't make sense. More player-skill based action yes, but not with random keys.

The link doesn't change anything. We wont be able to move while checking the backpack in the future, that is for sure.

You also said that you'd prefer pressing 5 keys than opening your inventory. I think this is the wrong way to approach. Some time ago I posted in a different thread that I want every inventory move to be a small "minigame" where you've to do something with your mouse or keys. E.g. pulling every single bullet into your mag and then the mag into your weapon.

But pressing "c-g-r-h" or what ever to reload doesn't make sense. More player-skill based action yes, but not with random keys.

The link does promote people who doing action in inventory while marathoning to stop,like you reloading mags from backpack

So it's Confirmed that you prefer to view the inventory tab than dayz beautiful graphics.

I actually like your idea to pull and push Action for every inventory move,bullets too.

But is there anyone, in the middle of combat want to do a minigame,while in the real game you are being shot???

It's not logical to do that while in combat.

Though 1+ for you,it's a good fun idea to do minigame in the inventory but

Not for bullet, im sorry, because combat will kill you first,and it doesnt affect core gameplay,

Just a leisure for you weapon lover.

This could have been done if every bug is resolved and core gameplay is improved

I said i don't mind pressing series of keys., it didn't mean i like 5 keys need to be pressed, doesn't Have to be that much.I just want to make a statement that im definitely dont want to make difficulty in dayz easier.

,, i will get used to it, like i playing dayz,the first game that so realistic i've been ever played.

This idea will make variety of weapon used,like sporter/carbine. If These without mags,im sure no one would ever touch this,i just bored to see only certain weapons are actually used.

Edited by arvinzd

This has been suggested by another user in general discussion which is not the correct sub forum.

So a lot of you thinks,beside load magazine,.

Chambering round /load ammo(like sks) only through inventory tab,is tensing you up, so its not really easy to do,make.things harder.

While it does make me dont want to bring sporter 22 or carbine unless i got the mags

What am i suggesting?

I think player should be able to chamber round and load ammo using the r key like magazines

BUT only if you put the ammo or round in your clothes not on your backpack.

EDIT :

(i really disaggree that players are allowed to orgazine things in their BACKPACK while marathoning, but it's not the point on this thread,i gonna make another one)

This thread will do:http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/202421-view-backpack-contents/?hl=backpack

Like pants and jacket, make sense right?

And of course you will have a delay animation to Chambering each rounds,

And the combat system keep balanced.

And chamber a round like in sporter have to be much shorter delay than loading ammo in sks.

And the people who had mags

Will still have the advantage with even shorther delay than Chambering 1 round.

But it will make playing sporter and carbine much less pain the ass,people use it more

And will make sks reloading system balanced not too easy with 10 round each time we load

VOTE IF YOU LIKE , peace

Very helpful and useful suggestion :).

Very helpful and useful suggestion :).

Finally a guy who are logical

Thank you.

Now i will live up the poll again.

The last one disappear for some reason in my smartphone

• Like 1

Finally a guy who are logical

Thank you.

Now i will live up the poll again.

The last one disappear for some reason in my smartphone

You have my support man! :D

I agree. Having to manually chamber each round is unnecessary. I'd like there to be a reasonably lengthy animation associated with chambering a round, but I don't want to have to delve into my inventory and slowly drag a bullet across, and then have to choose an option from a drop-down menu. I don't know about anybody else, but if I'm performing a repetitive action I don't have to completely reprocess what I'm doing every time I do it.

In regards to magazines, they should absolutely be loaded by pressing R, else what's the point in speedloaders? I keep a couple of clips for my SKS in my inventory so I can quickly reload a couple of a times if I run in to someone. If I had to drag my clip on to my gun, then what would be the point in having it? 

Edited by BeefBacon
  • Like 1

I agree. Having to manually chamber each round is unnecessary. I'd like there to be a reasonably lengthy animation associated with chambering a round, but I don't want to have to delve into my inventory and slowly drag a bullet across, and then have to choose an option from a drop-down menu. I don't know about anybody else, but if I'm performing a repetitive action I don't have to completely reprocess what I'm doing every time I do it.

1+

That is exactly what it think

Repetitive and unnecessary are the keywords here.

Thanks mate!

The developers have pretty much stated that they're going to be doing this. Not in so many words, but they intend on streamlining the reload system of individual rounds.

It's still less-effective than having a magazine, requiring you to reload after every shot (in some cases, like with the SKS and shotguns, the full reload would still be pretty darn lengthy). But forgoes some of the unnecessary encumbrance of having to rummage around in the clumsy inventory.

Though 1+ for you,it's a good fun idea to do minigame in the inventory but

Not for bullet, im sorry, because combat will kill you first,and it doesnt affect core gameplay,

It affect core gameplay and makes sense, I would like to see the option somehow like this: You press e.g. "r" --> your weapon, the mag and your stash of bullets appears on the screen --> you pull one bullet into the mag and then the mag into the weapon. The screen disappears and you can fight.

This would make you to be ready for fight all the time, and not reloading while running but reloading in cover.

I think a lot of people misunderstand why the system works like it does. Reloads are slow in the normal state with no speed loaders/stripper clips. I like how you must go into your inventory and grab a bunch of cartridges then drag them onto the gun. You get a nice advantage when you find a stripper clip for your SKS as an example. They're set to be grabbed, stuck in position, pushed down and you're good. What they really need to do is add some mosin stripper clips like the SKS has.

If you have a magazine or clip in your pocket/vest you know where it is and can probably grab it and load it into your rifle with your eyes closed. Singular rounds would be much slower as the game 'simulates'.

TLDR - add mosin stripper clips.

eSoJ7Exl.jpg

-snip-

1. Calm down

2. Spam firing as in, firing as quickly as possible, valuing volume over accuracy.

-snip-

There's a mod for ArmA 3 that allows you to take ammunition from one magazine and put it in another. I consider it a must-have with that game; even when I only have 2 magazines, I'll reload as often as I can. In games like Halo or Borderlands, I reload as soon as something dies (even if more things are shooting at me and I have more than 50% ammo)

TLDR - add mosin stripper clips.

eSoJ7Exl.jpg

If i remembered it correctly there's already a mosin stripper clips added in the game, in the latest 0.48 experimental servers

It affect core gameplay and makes sense, I would like to see the option somehow like this: You press e.g. "r" --> your weapon, the mag and your stash of bullets appears on the screen --> you pull one bullet into the mag and then the mag into the weapon. The screen disappears and you can fight.

This would make you to be ready for fight all the time, and not reloading while running but reloading in cover.

I don't think people will feel it's practical enough

I mean i get your point to do a little mini game,like when player in crysis 3 viewing their attachments,but with a slightly different view angle in dayz and much less gui

(If you didn't know what crysis 3 attachment viewing is like,

Here is the photo link of it)

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/crysis-3/thumb/0/0c/Gauss-attachment.bmp/468px-Gauss-attachment.bmp.png

Because instead of attaching,in dayz, you're reloading,you pull and open the chamber then put a bullet in it, then jamming it in,using your mouse

Isnt it?? It's apparently a good idea

However, what about the people who constantly and usually using 3rd person view??

It will be odd, each time you reload/load ammo/chambering(using "R" key). You suddenly switch automatically to 1st person view temporarily to do the minigame then get back automatically (again)to 3rd person view

It's cool though, in my opinion and perfectly fine to me

But i'm not sure how the majority of players think about this.

What are you suggesting then?? Another interactive gui for weapon reloading pops out?

Great.another unnecessary gui,

I'll be okay though if the gui covers up only 1/3 or 1/4 your screen,unlike the current inventory tab which covers up everything but the edges

Or (this was my suggestion)

For 3rd person player,we can allow to that people to reload while still in 3rd person view by hitting a sequential series of keys (at least 2 keys).

Then it will be okay to me,

I will compromise

If people prefer this than realistically lengthy badass reloading animation that dayz could have delivered, in the future.

I will consider this idea to the poll.

What do you think?

Edited by arvinzd